Reviews are going to happen. Whose do you want to see/read first?

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Jay Leno, Chris Harris, Matt Farah (The Smoking Tire), Autoblog, Jalopnik, MT, Car & Driver,............
What have they said?

@Nak, Motortrend takes no advertising money from Tesla yet they've been very fair and unbiased, imo, with their coverage of the Californian auto company. From Motortrend Car of the Year, to Car of the Decade, to Ultimate Car of the Year, that magazine has heaped praise on Tesla. If Motortrend is just a paid shill for legacy automakers, they're clearly doing it wrong.
Sponsored

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
Jay Leno, Chris Harris, Matt Farah (The Smoking Tire), Autoblog, Jalopnik, MT, Car & Driver,............
Did Jay Leno do a range test on the Taycan? I'd like to see that. I saw Matt Farah say he thought it would get 300 miles range, but he did no range testing that I've seen. According to him, Matt Farah Interview, he had the car for one day and used 40% of the battery in 17 miles. Hard driving of course. He also states in the interview that he believes the range estimates displayed in the car are accurate. The post I linked to above says the Car was estimating 150 miles range remaining at 68% battery. That equals 220 mile range. That's the car's own computer calculations which the reviewer you cite says is accurate. I think that 220 is probably a reasonable range estimate, at least that's what I would assume in a buying decision.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
@Nak, Motortrend takes no advertising money from Tesla yet they've been very fair and unbiased, imo, with their coverage of the Californian auto company. From Motortrend Car of the Year, to Car of the Decade, to Ultimate Car of the Year, that magazine has heaped praise on Tesla. If Motortrend is just a paid shill for legacy automakers, they're clearly doing it wrong.
I don't think they are a paid shill. But I know a number of magazine journalists and I know how the game is played. When there's bias, it's very easy to convince yourself you're being fair. People do it all the time. I will say that the Auto magazines are mostly just guilty of bias, I think most of the bigger players are trying to write the truth. But bias plays a part. I think the One Lap thread poster is doing a darn fine job of keeping his obvious pro-Taycan bias out of his reports. He's just posting what the car has done and what it says it will do. He has clearly done more real world range testing than everyone else put together. Just my opinion, but I'll trust his numbers.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
What have they said?
Just answering the question in the thread title "Whose do you want to see/read first?".

In regards to Taycan, yes Leno drove it but not much on range. Autoblog has a thorough one where they tested the range, same with InsideEVs that I read recently, all exceeded the EPA. Have also seen a forum member from Rennlist chime in also stating exceeding the EPA.

Autoblog Range Test

InsideEVs - Tom Moloughney

Rennlist
Sponsored