Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Ford has changed the striping on this one.

Sponsored

• Love
Reactions: McS
OP
OP
Av8tor

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
yep, This one is different:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rich Ford Experience - Shelby Mustang Mach E Concept 4K 1645631151184

EDIT: This is a rendering.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: McS

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I like how Shelby American decided to take up all the frunk space with a hood ā€œheat extractorā€ that serves no purpose whatsoever. Classic.

But, if the driver gets caught in a rainstorm at least the birds will have a birdbath once the storm blows over. ??ā€ā™‚

OP
OP
Av8tor

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Rich Ford Experience - Shelby Mustang Mach E Concept 4K 1645631975443

Ford Mustang Mach-E Rich Ford Experience - Shelby Mustang Mach E Concept 4K 1645631987549

audiograce

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, MME Prem AWD, Pacifica Hybrid
Country flag
I like how Shelby American decided to take up all the frunk space with a hood ā€œheat extractorā€ that serves no purpose whatsoever. Classic.

But, if the driver gets caught in a rainstorm at least the birds will have a birdbath once the storm blows over. ??ā€ā™‚
In the video he explains that it is in fact a radiator for battery, motor cooling, and airflow.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
I find the whole thing to be cringey. On the sides, replace 'Shelby' with 'Police,' and it starts to make sense. I would much rather it have a 'stealth' appearance.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The side stripes are horrible. 99% chance they are vinyl and could be easily removed, at least.

Reactions: SWO

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
In the video he explains that it is in fact a radiator for battery, motor cooling, and airflow.
Interesting, I stand corrected. Perhaps. Weā€™ll see what makes production and if it really functions. Shelby American has a rich history of cranking out some outrageous HP Mustang coupes that somehow perform worse than Ford factory efforts. For way more $$$ too.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I canā€™t decide on this car. Side stripes are yucky. The wheels are ok but I like the GTPE better.

Hood and front, undecided.

Probably the most important line from the video ā€œwe are still developing the power trainā€¦ā€

You know they want and will get more power.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I canā€™t decide on this car. Side stripes are yucky. The wheels are ok but I like the GTPE better.

Hood and front, undecided.

Probably the most important line from the video ā€œwe are still developing the power trainā€¦ā€

You know they want and will get more power.
Donā€™t bet on it. SA has a bad rep for claiming all kinds of crazy HP in the Super Snakes and then shit the bed in instrumented testing. Slower than regular GT500s etc. And Iā€™m talking going back more than 10-15 years not just recent stuff. I have no faith in them.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It's still ugly as sin.
I liked the look actually. It was side by side with a GT at the show and everyone was gawking at the Shelby. There was a married couple debating over the two cars and he preferred the GT with an explanation the hardware was the same under the skin. She said "Well that may be the case but the Shelby is sexy as hell." The husband conceded. :)

I was able to spend some time alone with the vehicles after hours and I can confirm the Shelby does have some hardware upgrades related to cooling. It also does not appear to have the 5 second ceiling.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Donā€™t bet on it. SA has a bad rep for claiming all kinds of crazy HP in the Super Snakes and then shit the bed in instrumented testing. Slower than regular GT500s etc. And Iā€™m talking going back more than 10-15 years not just recent stuff. I have no faith in them.
Yes, this 1000%. Would not consider buying anything from SA. I have owned and may own again a Ford-engineered GT500 or GT350, and so on, but those have nothing to do with the Shelby American company. Lots of people don't seem to realize that. If we ever get a Shelby-badged Mach E, it likely won't have anything to do with SA. Ford just pays them for the use of the name.
Sponsored