RIP Car Icon (2019 - 2023)

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It was a heck of a lot better than what they replaced it with. But this isn’t rocket science. It should be a gear for settings, and a grid of boxes for the apps.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
It was a heck of a lot better than what they replaced it with. But this isn’t rocket science. It should be a gear for settings, and a grid of boxes for the apps.
Yes! Or keep the car for settings, but dear god get rid of the house. Someone’s going to think that’s the garage door opener button.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Someone should make a common bug list on SYNC, it will likely be very long, but at least if it reaches the dev team, they can at least ignore it while knowing that people are complaining about it.

I think Ford at one point had a development team twitter account but it hasn't posted anything in a long time. https://twitter.com/FordDevTeam

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Someone should make a common bug list on SYNC, it will likely be very long, but at least if it reaches the dev team, they can at least ignore it while knowing that people are complaining about it.

I think Ford at one point had a development team twitter account but it hasn't posted anything in a long time. https://twitter.com/FordDevTeam
Hmmm, makes me wonder if Ford picked up some of the folks Elon let go and thus no Twitter out of spite, if so I now understand Elon's motivation to cut em loose.

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I figured I would start a memorial page for all that miss this nice detail.

RIP car icon, I will miss you.
I’m sorry that your descendants are a huge disappointment.
CCFC619C-89EE-4EAC-B48F-3B9A85420CF2.jpeg
I’m feeling really thick here, it I can’t figure out what the hell we’re talking about here.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I’m feeling really thick here, it I can’t figure out what the hell we’re talking about here.
The latest update to Sync removes the car icon in favor of two ugly generic buttons.
Ford Mustang Mach-E RIP Car Icon (2019 - 2023) 1675384063858

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The latest update to Sync removes the car icon in favor of two ugly generic buttons.
Ford Mustang Mach-E RIP Car Icon (2019 - 2023) 1675384063858
Admittedly, I am totally tech incompetent. So to me these icons make sense. I see the house as home. At first, I thought the settings icon was snake eyes on dice and it actually made me laugh out loud. Then I looked a little closer and it seems like a great representation for "settings" to me.

The 360 camera button is genius. Right there with the "L" on the shifter.

Everything else with the new UI seems okay to me. I really have no issues with it. The best part for me is that camera view. Everything else that I need can be figured out by a clueless user (which I include myself in that group).

So. I think the new UI is designed for the general non-tech-minded masses such as myself and is probably why many members Herr have some criticisms.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag

As a software developer that has worked on consumer software in the past - this is actually really helpful. Even if they don't SAY they look at it, they will. Trust me. As long as it's well-maintained by the community and includes as much repro information as possible so they can easily reproduce the tests on their side. We have inconsistent experiences in this community, and I think that's part of why there are some lingering bugs for some and not for others.

For example: my Carplay works really well. I doubt I have anything set different than any of you. But for some reason my 12V battery drains faster than other peoples'.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag

A thread was started a long time ago on this board, and it is still pinned, but it hasn’t been updated in a long time.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e-issues-compilation-list-wiki.3430/
Sponsored