First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
Lane keeping? Yes it does. If you rent a Ford that has it. Ford's Pilot 360 package you can see how the Mach-E's same system will work. I drove a Ford Edge Platinum with Pilot 360 and liked the adaptive cruise, lane keeping, blind spot indicator, 360 cam which are features that are, at best, problematic on the Tesla and why I'm getting a better car, the Mach-E.

https://www.ford.com/technology/driver-assist-technology/

OP
Luffie

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Lane keeping? Yes it does.
Lane keeping is when the road has the white stripes so the car will stay within.

I suppose the Road edge system works in rural areas where there are no white stripes or leaves will cover them. The movie above will explain it better ;)

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
I suppose the Road edge system works in rural areas where there are no white stripes or leaves will cover them.
That's a neat trick. Just see the white line "Lane Keeping" on the Co-Pilot 360 which Mach-E has don't see the Road Edge on any US models Kuga/Escape for example so maybe it is an EU only option.

It would be nice to have on the Mach-E.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicles
2015 Mustang Convertible, 2016 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
From the article:
Road Edge Detection is available in Europe on Explorer, Focus, Kuga and Puma, and will be part of the expanding driver assistance technologies being rolled out to new Ford vehicles.

It is likely part of the Ford "Copilot 360 assist 2.0" software that includes lane centering, if your car comes with that package. Here in the states all models of Mach E are supposed to come with it, but I don't know about Europe and the UK.

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
It is likely part of the Ford "Copilot 360 assist 2.0" software
Don't see it there on US Ford site and it sounds more Euro, US roads, even country roads usually have lines on them where it sounds like in UK and EU, that's not the case.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I just spent 2 hours biking rural roads here in Maryland and I assure you there are lots of roads with no white lines at the edges.

LYTMCQ

First Name
Lyt
Reaction score
First Name
Lyt
Vehicles
Telsa Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
I just spent 2 hours biking rural roads here in Maryland and I assure you there are lots of roads with no white lines at the edges.
Maybe East coast thing, the old country and all that so it's more like EU. It would be cool feature to have but I think my attention level is higher on narrow country road, not the kind of cruising where you can get some lane drift.

Wonder how different it is hardware wise from Lane Keeping?

Last edited:

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Lane keeping is nothing but annoying, especially on a busy freeway. Turned it off on the 2019 Miata. I do love the proximity warning system though (Mazda's 360).

jhalkias

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
2016 Escape, 2019 Fusion Energi
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Same here in Ohio when I bike - primarily the rural roads. Not to mention none of those white lines in "orange barrel" territory - that seems to be about 50% of Ohio highways right now.