JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
UPDATE 9/13

HOME SWEET HOME

Left Sherman Oaks with 90% battery headed up 405 to 5 to 99 to 80 home. Stopped and charged three times to 80% each time once in Visalia once in Turlock and topped off at the cannery in Sacramento to 80% since it was free.

NEW HVBJB is tejon pass approved. I had fun testing it on each incline of wot to 85 coast to 55 wot to 85 and no issues

As many know I had a HVBJB failure in my GTPE on a road trip to seattle. Well today was first road trip post repair. Daughter wanted to see ucla before she applies. So i said letā€™s go started at 0330 and ended up near ucla at 2100. Lol long trip Iā€™ll explain.

Sacramento to San Francisco Lands end.

So left in an with 100%. Head off to SF to see the sun rise at land end and showed my daughter the ruins of the old Sutro baths and the cool cave there. Got there at about 60% after getting stuck on 80 west after Fairfield 45 minutes stuck doing absolutely nothing pretty sure something bad happen but didnā€™t feel like googling it to find out. After showing my daughter the Sutro baths , the cave and the old Cliff house , we got back on the road going down the good old US 1. Now if anyone has taken the US 1 in California to so cal, now you know why it took me so damn long to get to SoCal.

Sf to half moon bay

continue down the US one nice and slowly chilling with blue cruise on got to half Moon Bay daughter was hungry decided to charge at an EA at a Bank of America no issue charged to 90% didnā€™t get charged I was like score and ate

Half moon bay to Santa Cruz.

Now honestly this is probably the worst part of the trip about halfway from half Moon Bay to Santa Cruz Highway patrol has the US 1 blocked some BS about an Iron Man marathon from San Diego and we would have to turn around and go back to half moon bay and cross over to the 17 to the 35 to get to Santa Cruz added about an 2 hours to my trip backtracking son of a bā€¦ā€¦

so now technically this leg is halfway to Santa Cruz to back to half Moon Bay so back to Santa Cruz going down to Monterey. Finally
Got to santa Cruz and charged again to 90% for free no issues

Santa Cruz to Monterey

this was a relaxing trip down the one. Stopped in Monterey charged up to 95% since I was going down the US 1 for about 180 miles and the next EA Was not till San Luis Obispo.šŸ˜ˆšŸ‘€

Monterey to San Luis Obispo

this part of the trip was awesome going averaging maybe 35 miles an hour after slow car after slow car afraid to go around any of the corners on the US 1 yeah itā€™s over the water but you donā€™t have to go that slow around corners oh my goodness this took forever why I hate people.

San Luis Obispo to Santa Barbara

got to San Luis Obispo charged up to 90% again and free got on the road to Santa Barbara. This part was a lot better a lot smoother and faster enjoyable. Once again stopped at a EA at a Bank of America charge to 90% no issues free Again went and ate at chipotles and then we at a beach at sunset which was awesome

Santa Barbara to Sherman Oaks.

Got to the hotel checked in get to go see UCLA tomorrow hotel didnā€™t have a charger so I was like OK letā€™s go to another EA oh sweet thereā€™s one 10 minutes down the road where I am sitting right now charging to 100% since itā€™s free might take a while but whatever it allowed me to write this post.

So far since Iā€™ve had that HVBJB car has been awesome no issues one thing I have noticed every time I charge to 90 what is the first time DC fast charging since the replacement but I never get gray bars now prior to HVBJB replacement whenever IDC fast charged I would have a ton of gray bars for about 10 to 15 minutes until the battery pack cooled. I did 6 DCFC usually from 40/50 to 90 and after each evolution never had any gray bars not sure about other people but Iā€™ll take that.

iā€™ll update this post tomorrow night when we come back from UCLA which will be a lot easier route of the 405 to the 5 back to Sacramento. So far the car is driving like it should have with a proper functioning part.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Road Trip Report - POST HVBJB Repair in Mach-E GTPE Tejon Pass Approved 620FF560-F0FA-4EA9-BA4C-6C9EA1001835
Sponsored

Last edited:

Southern92

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW i3
Country flag
As many know I had a HVBJB failure in my GTPE on a road trip to seattle. Well today was first road trip post repair. Daughter wanted to see ucla before she applies. So i said letā€™s go started at 0330 and ended up near ucla at 2100. Lol long trip Iā€™ll explain.

Sacramento to San Francisco Lands end.

So left in an with 100%. Head off to SF to see the sun rise at land end and showed my daughter the ruins of the old Sutro baths and the cool cave there. Got there at about 60% after getting stuck on 80 west after Fairfield 45 minutes stuck doing absolutely nothing pretty sure something bad happen but didnā€™t feel like googling it to find out. After showing my daughter the Sutro baths , the cave and the old Cliff house , we got back on the road going down the good old US 1. Now if anyone has taken the US 1 in California to so cal, now you know why it took me so damn long to get to SoCal.

Sf to half moon bay

continue down the US one nice and slowly chilling with blue cruise on got to half Moon Bay daughter was hungry decided to charge at an EA at a Bank of America no issue charged to 90% didnā€™t get charged I was like score and ate

half moon bay to Santa Cruz.

Now honestly this is probably the worst part of the trip about halfway from half Moon Bay to Santa Cruz Highway patrol has the US 1 blocked some BS about an Iron Man marathon from San Diego and we would have to turn around and go back to half moon bay and cross over to the 17 to the 35 to get to Santa Cruz added about an 2 hours to my trip backtracking son of a bā€¦ā€¦

so now technically this leg is halfway to Santa Cruz to back to half Moon Bay so back to Santa Cruz going down to Monterey. Finally
Got to santa Cruz and charged again to 90% for free no issues

Santa Cruz to Monterey

this was a relaxing trip down the one. Stopped in Monterey charged up to 95% since I was going down the US 1 for about 180 miles and the next EA Was not till San Luis Obispo.šŸ˜ˆšŸ‘€

Monterey to San Luis Obispo

this part of the trip was awesome going averaging maybe 35 miles an hour after slow car after slow car afraid to go around any of the corners on the US 1 yeah itā€™s over the water but you donā€™t have to go that slow around corners oh my goodness this took forever why I hate people.

San Luis Obispo to Santa Barbara

got to San Luis Obispo charged up to 90% again and free got on the road to Santa Barbara. This part was a lot better a lot smoother and faster enjoyable. Once again stopped at a EA at a Bank of America charge to 90% no issues free Again went and ate at chipotles and then we at a beach at sunset which was awesome

Santa Barbara to Sherman Oaks.

Got to the hotel checked in get to go see UCLA tomorrow hotel didnā€™t have a charger so I was like OK letā€™s go to another EA oh sweet thereā€™s one 10 minutes down the road where I am sitting right now charging to 100% since itā€™s free might take a while but whatever it allowed me to write this post.

So far since Iā€™ve had that HVBJB car has been awesome no issues one thing I have noticed every time I charge to 90 what is the first time DC fast charging since the replacement but I never get gray bars now prior to HVBJB replacement whenever IDC fast charged I would have a ton of gray bars for about 10 to 15 minutes until the battery pack cooled. I did 6 DCFC usually from 40/50 to 90 and after each evolution never had any gray bars not sure about other people but Iā€™ll take that.

iā€™ll update this post tomorrow night when we come back from UCLA which will be a lot easier route of the 405 to the 5 back to Sacramento. So far the car is driving like it should have with a proper functioning part.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Road Trip Report - POST HVBJB Repair in Mach-E GTPE Tejon Pass Approved 620FF560-F0FA-4EA9-BA4C-6C9EA1001835
Curious to know if you get similar gray bars while driving? (If you noticed them b4?)

evfinder

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Prius Plug-in
Country flag
Please check road conditions before setting out back to Sacramento. There has been closures on I5 north near the grapevine to repair damage due to the fire in that area. AFIK the northbound lanes are going to remain closed for a few days at least and traffic was being rerouted. Suggest taking 101 N to Paso Robles then head east to the 5.

OP
OP

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Please check road conditions before setting out back to Sacramento. There has been closures on I5 north near the grapevine to repair damage due to the fire in that area. AFIK the northbound lanes are going to remain closed for a few days at least and traffic was being rerouted. Suggest taking 101 N to Paso Robles then head east to the 5.
We saw that last night. Not sure if we gonna go up the 101 and cross over or take the by pass they made to Lancaster šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø Both take the same amount of time it looks like.

OP
OP

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Your daughter has excellent taste in schools! šŸ˜„

Joebruin77
Ha she said itā€™s number 2 of colleges she wants right under UC BerkeleyšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚ Reminder me a lot of Berkeley just way bigger šŸ˜‚

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Ha she said itā€™s number 2 of colleges she wants right under UC BerkeleyšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜‚ Reminder me a lot of Berkeley just way bigger šŸ˜‚
This past summer, I took my daughter to visit UC Berkeley and Stanford. I didn't post about our trip on this forum because we took the Tesla instead of the MME.

OP
OP

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Weā€™ll woke up to a tire with 15 PSI filled it up with the little mini pump. Could not see any nail ect, but was losing 1 psi ever 10 mins. So I knew it was something, a ford was near me so I dropped it off 0730 this morning and they gave us a free Lyft to ucla for the visit which went well, now we are literally sitting at the dealer waiting for them to put a new tire of course did not have one in stock and had to ordered it. Something hit the inside side wall and like bubbled up and was causing the leakšŸ¤ÆšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø Now we playing the waiting game.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Now we playing the waiting game.
That's frustrating. I hope they fix the tire soon. If you have to hang out in LA longer than expected, you could always go visit that "other" university across town, USC :rolleyes:

OP
OP

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
That's frustrating. I hope they fix the tire soon. If you have to hang out in LA longer than expected, you could always go visit that "other" university across town, USC :rolleyes:
Never. NEVER USCšŸ˜‚. Got a new tire and Ford covered it. Woot woot. Off to the 5 and Sacramento letā€™s see how it goesšŸ„°