Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME built May21 Space W, MME built Dec21 Star W
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Any one in Austin Tx area get their windshield/roof recall completed or scheduled? My dealer has told me he hasn’t gotten the info yet. I’m calling again tomorrow.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MaureenE

First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Any one in Austin Tx area get their recall completed or scheduled? My dealer has told me he hasn’t gotten the info yet. I’m calling again tomorrow.
Hi. Having the same problem in Santa Barbara CA. Just talked to Ford National customer service. Gave them the safety recall notice number 21S42. He went into the Ford Service app called PTS OASIS and saw the 5 steps to getting this repaired. All Ford service locations have access to this application and they were all notified at the same time. Customer service rep said the instructions were very straightforward and read me the steps. As others have said in this forum, the most likely outcome is that they will outsource the repair to a reputable windshield glass shop. In my case, the dealer service dept representative keeps telling me they don’t have the parts in stock. Doesn’t make any sense. I asked for the service manager and got a voicemail box is full. Totally frustrating, especially since the tecall letter says that I am liable for getting the repair done. I called another dealer and had to leave a message which I did last week and no one ever responded. I wont even get into what they said when I asked about getting software updates!

Papaye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rapid MME Premium RWD ER
Country flag
I scheduled mine last Thursday at Leif Johnson Ford but when I arrived the service advisor informed me that they would prefer to wait before doing it on a customer car as they just received the info and were starting it on a space white MME they had at the dealer (I saw it). According to the service advisor the procedure was quite involved and there was always a risk of breaking the glass and have to order it (2 days to 2 weeks ETA for a replacement!).

They would typically provide a rental car free of charge in the meantime but they were out of availability until the end of the year!

The space white MME I saw had its roof liner on top of the car as they were inspecting the panoramic roof :eek:.

I appreciated their honesty and their willingness to make it an as smooth experience as possible to their customer. I will let them practice on a few vehicles before I re-schedule mine!

lemmyslender

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Select AWD SR Comfort/Tech Rapid Red
Country flag
From what my dealer told me, current holdup is a foam trim piece for the roof (not mentioned in the recall) that must be ordered. Currently due to ship by the end of November. Once they receive that, they can schedule the work.

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
My dealer, Tommie Vaughn Ford in Houston has no idea, or at least isn't telling me. I first called them 3 weeks ago on 11/24 to schedule the recall service. Still awaiting them "getting more info".

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My dealer is also waiting on more info. the dealer is Bud Cross in Caldwell Tx. He did say that some trucks have the same/ similar problem with the windshield. Guess we’ll have to wai…..

Cnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Corvette Stingray, 2021 Mach E premium SR RWD
Country flag
My dealer, Tommie Vaughn Ford in Houston has no idea, or at least isn't telling me. I first called them 3 weeks ago on 11/24 to schedule the recall service. Still awaiting them "getting more info".
Same with Helfman Ford in Houston. Called them before Thanksgiving asking them to look into it and never got a call back. I knew this would not be an easy thing to get done but the dealers are clueless about it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My dealer is also waiting on more info. the dealer is Bud Cross in Caldwell Tx. He did say that some trucks have the same/ similar problem with the windshield. Guess we’ll have to wai…..
I really don't understand what all these dealers "waiting on info" are actually waiting for. Waiting on parts might make sense, but what additional info are they expecting besides the detailed instructions that have already been provided to them and posted on the NHTSA website?

AjzRide

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Eng
Country flag
AutoNation in Katy told me Mac Haik was the only area dealership currently authorized for MME repairs. I scheduled the windshield replacement with them but I’d to cancel because my F150 was in the shop at the same time for a failed shifter.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine has been in the shop since Tuesday getting it done. I wont have it back for about a week or more. They have to remove the roof liner inside a big job. I been getting all kinds of error notices on my car. I will update when I get it back how it went but expect a week in the shop. Ford is making rentals available so I would suggest getting a rental when you schedule the recall.

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have the two window recalls scheduled with my dealer and they have successfully completed a few. They do use a 3rd party window company who is doing the recall work for multiple ford dealerships in central Texas. Hopefully all goes well. At same time the dealer is going to update my software.

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
I scheduled mine last Thursday at Leif Johnson Ford but when I arrived the service advisor informed me that they would prefer to wait before doing it on a customer car as they just received the info and were starting it on a space white MME they had at the dealer (I saw it). According to the service advisor the procedure was quite involved and there was always a risk of breaking the glass and have to order it (2 days to 2 weeks ETA for a replacement!).

They would typically provide a rental car free of charge in the meantime but they were out of availability until the end of the year!

The space white MME I saw had its roof liner on top of the car as they were inspecting the panoramic roof :eek:.

I appreciated their honesty and their willingness to make it an as smooth experience as possible to their customer. I will let them practice on a few vehicles before I re-schedule mine!
It's great to read about Leif Johnson providing honest, fair service. I'll be using them as my dealer when my MME arrives.

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I really don't understand what all these dealers "waiting on info" are actually waiting for. Waiting on parts might make sense, but what additional info are they expecting besides the detailed instructions that have already been provided to them and posted on the NHTSA website?
They aren't waiting for anything. Those dealers just don't want to do the work so they claim they need more information. All the necessary information has been available for months as evidenced by the repairs that have been done.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
They aren't waiting for anything. Those dealers just don't want to do the work so they claim they need more information. All the necessary information has been available for months as evidenced by the repairs that have been done.
Yup. It's a good indication that it's time to find a different dealer.

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The two window recalls for windshield and roof has been completed on my MME. I don’t see any issue at this time. The windshield gaps are the same as before. The headliner is as before. if you were just looking at the car for first time you would not know anything had been removed and replaced. This is what I expected.
Sponsored

Last edited: