Roof and Windshield Recall

Deleted member 4669

No way I am taking mine in until they make me. Had no issues with roof or windshield and definitely dont trust the dealer to not screw it up.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
We've got ours scheduled for the 3rd week in February. Our dealership is using a 3rd party glass company, and doing the cars in their offsite facility, so everything is indoors. They've been doing a few a week as I understand it, so they're pretty experienced at this point. They know that I am very picky, and advise to give them 5 days including a day for cleanup.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
We've got ours scheduled for the 3rd week in February. Our dealership is using a 3rd party glass company, and doing the cars in their offsite facility, so everything is indoors. They've been doing a few a week as I understand it, so they're pretty experienced at this point. They know that I am very picky, and advise to give them 5 days including a day for cleanup.
Mine is scheduled for Feb. 21st. I was at the dealer yesterday to have some updates done, I had an appointment to get the glass work done yesterday, originally, but they pushed it out to the later date due to "issues" with their third-party glass shop. I asked about whether or not they would have an extra windshield on hand in case it was broken during the recall service and they couldn't really give me an answer. They said that they currently had two at glass shop being serviced but couldn't, or wouldn't, give any details.

He did confirm that I will be provided a loaner car.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Dropped my car off today for the roof and windshield recalls as well as the software update and 10k maintenance check. They are sending it to the body shop first for the recalls, then will do the recalibrations and updates, and indicated it will not be ready until next week. We shall see how it goes.

Gatorwilly

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White premium mach e
Occupation
ret.
Country flag
I talked to a dealer today to do the windshield recall and they referred me to their Body Shop and the manager advised me to wait due to fear that if the windshield breaks it will be difficult to get another one. Said something about a process to remove the windshield with drilling a small hole, inserting something to get the windshield off and there's a chance it may break so he suggested waiting until he has a few on hand. There are currently 3 people waiting on it and 2 other MMEs on the lot.....seemed odd to me as windshield replacement was a common thing. Anyhow, I'll wait....unfortunately I have some wind noise and hoping the recall will resolve it,.
Took Mymache in 1/3.. Of course the glass people cracked it.. Waited two weeks for replacement to arrive.. Picked car up 1/20 with no issues or alerts.. The work was done neat and clean.. I can't blame the dealer for the delay, Ford should have the parts more available prior to issuing the recalls.. Anyway, its done.. WW

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have not done the windshield or roof recall. I have no issues with either these items, no leaks or noise. I did take it into my dealership and was told they could not do the recall yet as they wanted to have a spare roof & windshield in the event of a crack. If it did crack the glass for both is backordered by over a month.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have not done the windshield or roof recall. I have no issues with either these items, no leaks or noise. I did take it into my dealership and was told they could not do the recall yet as they wanted to have a spare roof & windshield in the event of a crack. If it did crack the glass for both is backordered by over a month.
"I have no issues with either these items"

How do you know that? Do you have x-ray vision to know that your windshield is not properly adhered to the body of the car, and won't detach prematurely as a result in a rollover?

As to the glass being backordered, I think they're full of baloney, as my body shop manager says it's in-stock locally. The glass doesn't come from Ford, it comes from a glass supplier, i.e. Carlex/Carlite.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The fact that they're concerned about breaking the roof glass is an indication that they haven't actually read the instructions for the recall.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The fact that they're concerned about breaking the roof glass is an indication that they haven't actually read the instructions for the recall.
Yes. I'd ask them "have you actually read the recall instructions"?

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
My car will be going in for the recalls and software update on 1/31. Been getting the runaround from the dealership since November. Finally they scheduled for Monday and are promising a loaner as they estimate 5-7 business days. Very frustrating, the older guy I spoke to at first was telling me they shouldn't be doing the work because I bought the car at another dealership 80 miles away. Finally in late December spoke to anther person at the dealership who was much more reasonable. I hate dealing with dealerships.

djjerv91

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER Infinite Blue
Country flag
Took Mymache in 1/3.. Of course the glass people cracked it.. Waited two weeks for replacement to arrive.. Picked car up 1/20 with no issues or alerts.. The work was done neat and clean.. I can't blame the dealer for the delay, Ford should have the parts more available prior to issuing the recalls.. Anyway, its done.. WW
This happened to me as well. They called Monday and said it was cracked when removed, and ordered the new windshield. They called today to update me as they thought it would be in today but it did not come in. Worried this is going to take way longer than they thought.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had scheduled an appointment online with my closest dealer. They never called to talk about it. I am a few days out so I called them and they said they don't do appointments (even though their website clearly indicates otherwise). Anyways, that's fine I can just drop it by. He asks what I need so I tell him the two recalls and the 21C22 module updates. He then asked if I bought the car there. When I told him I didn't (even though I have bought 3 other cars from there) he said they can't perform work on cars they didn't sell and Ford won't send them parts for it. He then started talking about lifting the pano roof off. I argued for about 30s that the recall bulletin doesn't say to do that. I realized arguing was pointless and at that point I just ended the call as quickly as I could.

The next dealer I called was nice. Hopefully the work is done well.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
According to the dealer, that was the instructions they were given from Ford. They ordered a part for the roof that took a couple weeks to get. Some kind of foam insert? I don't have any other details. I haven't gotten all the paper work back of what exactly was done. We waited to do the work until they could obtain this part. I never saw the recall instructions the dealer was quoting.
yeah this is why I'm not getting the recalls done, the instructions from ford DO NOT require removal of the roof glass, just the removal of inner fascia, install a new foam seal and additional sealant.

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
yeah this is why I'm not getting the recalls done, the instructions from ford DO NOT require removal of the roof glass, just the removal of inner fascia, install a new foam seal and additional sealant.
You are correct and I was mistaken. They only removed the windshield, not the roof. Recall went fine, no cracked windshield, roof is a little quieter, ford gave me a loaner, etc... Did the 21P22 when in the shop. So I can't complain about the process.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
You are correct and I was mistaken. They only removed the windshield, not the roof. Recall went fine, no cracked windshield, roof is a little quieter, ford gave me a loaner, etc... Did the 21P22 when in the shop. So I can't complain about the process.
I need to see a lot more posts like this before I take the plunge!!
Sponsored