pippo

First Name
Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E Premium SR
Country flag
Finally! After so much delay and almost 9 months of waiting waiting and waiting, my MME is here at the dealership. But when I got to see the car, I was told the roof glass was cracked possibly due to some flying rocks during the transportation and they are going to replace it for free with a new roof before they are delivering it. The car is super nice though and I wanted to buy it.

I asked the salesman if I’ll get some of kind of compensation for it but they told me nope and I should try the manufacturer if I am really looking for that.

Any suggestions on what I should do in this scenario? First time buying a new car that doesn’t look as brand new as it should be lol

Also is the replacement of the roof glass really not going to be on the Carfax report?

It feels stupid that I’m spending $500 more on the destination charge (I know I know it’s all inflation’s fault) and ended up getting a car with broken roof and they are selling it as “new”.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Roof Glass Cracked before Delivery IMG_4110
Ford Mustang Mach-E Roof Glass Cracked before Delivery IMG_4111
Ford Mustang Mach-E Roof Glass Cracked before Delivery IMG_4112

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The car belongs to the dealer until you buy it. The damage was to their car. In any event, the damage to the roof and its replacement should not cause any issues with Carfax as the vehicle is still considered new until you purchase it. This type of thing isn't all that unusual by the way.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Many new cars have repairs done by the dealer before they are sold. The buyer usually isn’t told about it. Since you’ve been told, carefully inspect the areas of repair, in this case, especially the headliner and windshield to roof joint, and if it looks good, buy the car and forget about it.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Heck, you might be lucky cause you can hopefully tell them to have their glass guy really make sure the seal is super clean to help with windnoise.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Woot, 9 months wait. what is the MSRP on the MME? And why are you paying $500 extra on destination. Shouldn't it be based on the original order price? And what made you not choose the much cheaper model Y now? The EV market 9 months ago was completely different from now. Based on my calculation MYLR is 10K+ cheaper than MME PRE EXD after tax credit. I am just curious.

Dc63

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e extended awd
Country flag
Good luck with the roof , been waiting 8 months for a replacement after a rock hit my roof , keep being told no delivery date yet from ford

passtc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-e Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
make sure you test the rear windshield washer spray when you pick it up. incorrectly done, they can pinch the tube or disconnect the tube leaking fluid everywhere

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Good luck with the roof , been waiting 8 months for a replacement after a rock hit my roof , keep being told no delivery date yet from ford
That is absurd.
Sponsored