leenvane63

First Name
Leen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3
Country flag
Some one who can tell me about the roof load ?
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Among the scraps of information that has come out so far, as far as I have seen there was only one comment from a Ford employee mentioning that they are "looking into" a special roof rack. Between the curved shape and glass roof, it is probably a really bad idea to put anything heavier than skis on the roof. Even with the Select's metal roof the curvature is going to make any rack look pretty ugly.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I think there is a crash spec that the car's roof can't crumple if it rolls over. Granted on any EV this is an unlikely event with the batteries in the bottom but it does indicate how much weight that the roof will bear--especially since the car is heavier than your average ICE due to said batteries.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think there is a crash spec that the car's roof can't crumple if it rolls over. Granted on any EV this is an unlikely event with the batteries in the bottom but it does indicate how much weight that the roof will bear--especially since the car is heavier than your average ICE due to said batteries.

I was thinking more along the lines of accidents while loading something heavy, ie missing the a crossrail and landing on the glass. But that's probably because I am clumsy.
Sponsored