Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
After an exhausting day of yard work I checked the mail, and lo and behold my center caps finally arrived. Scarlett needs a bath but I really love how the covers look, so here she is dirty and all. Oddly enough I wanted to post a link to the amazon page, but for some reason the seller and/or part aren't available any more. These were marked as 60mm hub covers but the inner dimension of the hub is 56mm:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Route 1 wheels without Aero Covers - the finished look with center caps installed PXL_20210731_190102256

Ford Mustang Mach-E Route 1 wheels without Aero Covers - the finished look with center caps installed PXL_20210731_190031030

Ford Mustang Mach-E Route 1 wheels without Aero Covers - the finished look with center caps installed PXL_20210731_190044738

***** EDIT *****
here is what looks like the same thing I bought on amazon; I found it by searching "60mm volk cap"
https://www.amazon.com/Pangtyus-Whe...&keywords=60mm+volk+cap&qid=1629478461&sr=8-2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Route 1 wheels without Aero Covers - the finished look with center caps installed Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 12.56.03 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Route 1 wheels without Aero Covers - the finished look with center caps installed Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 12.56.15 PM

Last edited:

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
thx. I wish we had a close up with the GT wheels aero covers off like that, to see what's doing there as well.

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not bad, five spoke is nice, may prefer the aero covers more, though.
I can see that, but to me the covers are clearly just matte plastic and look really cheap. I considered wrapping them instead of taking them off, but I'm not sure how well that would hold up over time.

JBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
Little offtopic question, to me it looks like you have quite a lot of brake dust on your rims.
From what I understood is that EV mostly break on the engine and the brakes are hardly used.
This is also what I noticed as one of the advantages as my rims hardly show any breakdust at all but if I look at your rims they almost look orange between the spokes. Is that actual break dust or is it just sand dust?

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Little offtopic question, to me it looks like you have quite a lot of brake dust on your rims.
From what I understood is that EV mostly break on the engine and the brakes are hardly used.
This is also what I noticed as one of the advantages as my rims hardly show any breakdust at all but if I look at your rims they almost look orange between the spokes. Is that actual break dust or is it just sand dust?
I don't use 1pd, so it is break dust

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Those 5 spokes aren't bad at all..........I dig the look! ?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I can see that, but to me the covers are clearly just matte plastic and look really cheap. I considered wrapping them instead of taking them off, but I'm not sure how well that would hold up over time.
I did like the covers, which is weird to say because I was quite turned off when the first renderings were posted on Ford's MME pages. But then your car arrived and I thought they looked great on your car. Same for my brother's car. He got a white one with 19" aero covers but it looked awesome with the various black accents. His car has matte black wheel opening surrounds, rockers and lower fascia sections but I remember the 19" aero covers having a gloss black finish? Are the CR1 cars opposite? Gloss black wheel surrounds, rockers etc with matte black aero covers (18")? Pretty cool at all the variations Ford came up with.

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I did like the covers, which is weird to say because I was quite turned off when the first renderings were posted on Ford's MME pages. But then your car arrived and I thought they looked great on your car. Same for my brother's car. He got a white one with 19" aero covers but it looked awesome with the various black accents. His car has matte black wheel opening surrounds, rockers and lower fascia sections but I remember the 19" aero covers having a gloss black finish? Are the CR1 cars opposite? Gloss black wheel surrounds, rockers etc with matte black aero covers (18")? Pretty cool at all the variations Ford came up with.
The aeros on the select are gloss black and silver, and are very nice indeed. It's probably me, but the matte covers on the Route 1 just remind me too much of Tonka truck wheels. It could also be that they look like the original aeros on the Model 3 which were ugly as sin, and maybe I just can't unsee the simillarity

Whether you use 1PD or not makes no difference on how much regenerative braking there is. The MME always tries to recover as much energy as possible from regen, then dials in friction as needed, no matter what driving mode you’re in.
It depends how hard you hit the brakes :)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The aeros on the select are gloss black and silver, and are very nice indeed. It's probably me, but the matte covers on the Route 1 just remind me too much of Tonka truck wheels. It could also be that they look like the original aeros on the Model 3 which were ugly as sin, and maybe I just can't unsee the simillarity

It depends how hard you hit the brakes :)
Yes. Once you see something unpleasant it can't be easily erased from memory. They say beauty is only skin deep......but ugly goes to the bone. :)

Wheels look great either way BTW.... ?

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation