Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Me too, but since that's their DEMO MME I can't say boo. My MME does not have any stickers or dealer marketing brackets. They loaned me the demo when I was in the shop for two weeks.
That’s fair. It’s just a personal pet peeve. In fact, when I purchased my previous vehicle, from the same dealer I got my Mach-E from, I told my salesperson “I will leave a dealership plate holder on the car forever, but I will walk away from this deal if there is a single sticker on the windows or paint that didn’t come from the factory.“ . When they brought the car out, no stickers, and it had a plate holder. When I traded it in on the smurfmobile, it still had that plate holder on it. I didn’t make the same promise on the smurfmobile, so we will see how long the new plate holder stays on the car…
Sponsored

oliverames

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select Dual Motor Standard Range
Country flag
@machefan Did you ever hear of an update for this? My Flo X5 home charger COMES with a power line adapter (https://store.en.flo.com/products/powerline-adapter-av500-d-link-dhp-308av-model), and I'm experiencing the same issue. Took the car to my local dealership, sent them this thread, and they sent it to Ford. The reply they got was that Ford was unaware of the problem. Curious to know if this ever got fixed or if you're still waiting on an update yourself!

oliverames

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@machefan Did you ever hear of an update for this? My Flo X5 home charger COMES with a power line adapter (https://store.en.flo.com/products/powerline-adapter-av500-d-link-dhp-308av-model), and I'm experiencing the same issue. Took the car to my local dealership, sent them this thread, and they sent it to Ford. The reply they got was that Ford was unaware of the problem. Curious to know if this ever got fixed or if you're still waiting on an update yourself!
Worth noting that Ford did have this update performed (https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ed-mil-and-dtc-p061a-p1a1e-and-or-p2533.8324/) but it did not solve the problem I was having.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I haven't asked for a follow up, I just removed the offending device and the issue went away. Ford Engineering directly told me they had a fix ready, but I am not sure if they pushed it out or not. It requires updates to chip firmware so the MME ignores the interference (something like that, don't quote me).

I assume you have the latest updates?

Just reply here and not the other thread so we aren't talking about the same thing twice.

oliverames

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven't asked for a follow up, I just removed the offending device and the issue went away. Ford Engineering directly told me they had a fix ready, but I am not sure if they pushed it out or not. It requires updates to chip firmware so the MME ignores the interference (something like that, don't quote me).

I assume you have the latest updates?

Just reply here and not the other thread so we aren't talking about the same thing twice.
I'm 99% sure that everything is up to date. It received TSB 21-2244, my dealership asked Ford if there were any updates they could perform, and has all of its most recent OTA updates (1.4.0 and 1.6.0).

My power line adapter is slightly different from yours, a PowerLine AV Mini Adapter from D-Link (DHP-308AV/DHP-309AV), but I believe they operate in the same frequency. I can't remove the device unfortunately because it is what my power company uses to give me a reduced charging rate. Part of the FLO X5 home charger. I've begged them to let me remove it and still receive the reduced rate.

I also have a lot of POE+ Ubiquiti gear, so maybe that is causing issues as well.

Do you think because it requires chip firmware to be update that it'll have to be a dealer update not an OTA update? If so, I'd expect to see a TSB, no? Is it possible for you to ask for a follow-up?

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm 99% sure that everything is up to date. It received TSB 21-2244, my dealership asked Ford if there were any updates they could perform, and has all of its most recent OTA updates (1.4.0 and 1.6.0).

My power line adapter is slightly different from yours, a PowerLine AV Mini Adapter from D-Link (DHP-308AV/DHP-309AV), but I believe they operate in the same frequency. I can't remove the device unfortunately because it is what my power company uses to give me a reduced charging rate. Part of the FLO X5 home charger. I've begged them to let me remove it and still receive the reduced rate.

I also have a lot of POE+ Ubiquiti gear, so maybe that is causing issues as well.

Do you think because it requires chip firmware to be update that it'll have to be a dealer update not an OTA update? If so, I'd expect to see a TSB, no? Is it possible for you to ask for a follow-up?
I have a lot of POE+ Ubiquiti gear too, it's not the problem. Only the power line adapters are the problem and honestly the errors are 100% cosmetic. They are not real errors or issues, the MME clears the next time you start the car away from the garage (home) etc.

I can ask Ford again for an update on it, but I stopped asked a few months ago as it was no longer important to me. The update will not be OTA at this time, only from the dealer as far as I know.

There could have been a TSB on it, I didn't keep track of it.

All I was told was that the adapters are using the same frequency as one vendors chip which is being used in the MME.

Last edited:

oliverames

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a lot of POE+ Ubiquiti gear too, it's not the problem. Only the power line adapters are the problem and honestly the errors are 100% cosmetic. They are not real errors or issues, the MME clears the next time you start the car away from the garage (home) etc.

I can ask Ford again for an update on it, but I stopped asked a few months ago as it was not longer important to me. The update will not be OTA at this time, only from the dealer as far as I know.

There could have been a TSB on it, I didn't keep track of it.

All I was told was that the adapters are using the same frequency as one vendors chip which is being used in the MME.
I would SO appreciate if you could ask Ford again for an update on it. I've called them and kept getting bounced around. My dealer can't seem to get any more detail either. I haven't found a specific TSB either.
Sponsored