Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No that car is grey for me - I have RR. Or it may be because I am using darker screen mode.
Okay thanks.
The little car on the upper left corner of the SYNC screen is white during the day but gray in dark mode. I like it in dark mode better. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Okay thanks.
The little car on the upper left corner of the SYNC screen is white during the day but gray in dark mode. I like it in dark mode better. :)
Same here, no RR just gray and I go all dark day or night.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Same here, no RR just gray and I go all dark day or night.
Have to admit I was slightly disappointed they didn't make the various Mach-E's in the infotainment/cluster match our actual paint color. Especially the one in the upper left of the Sync display. It's pointless, but little things like that are neat IMO.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Have to admit I was slightly disappointed they didn't make the various Mach-E's in the infotainment/cluster match our actual paint color. Especially the one in the upper left of the Sync display. It's pointless, but little things like that are neat IMO.
Agreed but minor in the grand scheme of things. I hope the first OTA update includes some release notes and or fixes. I am not sure how communication will look like aside from a note in the FordPass app of new features.

Last edited:

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Agreed but minor in the grand scheme of things. I hope the first OTA update includes some release notes and or fixes. I am not sure how they communication aside from a note in the FordPass app of new features.
May sound dramatic but if Ford releases the OTAs for the Mach E without actual release notes that would be disastrous. Ford, please don't make us forum users dig through each update to learn what's new!

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
May sound dramatic but if Ford releases the OTAs for the Mach E without actual release notes that would be disastrous. Ford, please don't make us forum users dig through each update to learn what's new!
I've had my MME since Feb 10th. Mine is currently at the dealership with the engineer from Ford to work on it today and I just got an update on Ford Pass that said:
Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified Screenshot_20210226-080547_FordPass

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've had my MME since Feb 10th. Mine is currently at the dealership with the engineer from Ford to work on it today and I just got an update on Ford Pass that said:
Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified Screenshot_20210226-080547_FordPass
I got it the other day too but I’m told it’s just a reload and not new software.

B67FF1BB-7608-45F1-B3B1-899DB8A2B46F.png

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified B67FF1BB-7608-45F1-B3B1-899DB8A2B46F
My Field Service Engineer said they ran part of my update OTA to make sure OTA was working properly.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Folks I give up and I’m just going to wait for Ford to get a better handle on the open issues. I’m not taking it back to the dealer either for a while.

MME was in the garage, started it to add my home Wi-Fi which actually worked but got the service soon message again and the powertrain fault message in the app.

Maybe there is some type of interference but really? Really? Ford come on...

Maybe the message is totally cosmetic and no real fault.

Car was not charging or plugged in either. FORD please.......

Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified 689620AF-9DAB-426E-9C35-5A217D260BFE

Last edited:
OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I give up, went for a drive, error did not clear. I am not a happy camper here, something is not ready for PRIME time in my MME.

Let me be clear, I did nothing but start the MME, was not even charging. Was at the dealer for 9 days, they replaced the DCFC module and did some updates. Got it back Thursday night, didn't go far since.

I am at square one again.

Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 1.43.34 PM

Last edited:

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Unreal... did the car have any physical limitations or just the message which at this point could be a false alarm or something serious.

I'm angry just hearing about it. I hope Ford gets an alert every time these errors occur in the vehicle (OTA)

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Unreal... did the car have any physical limitations or just the message which at this point could be a false alarm or something serious.

I'm angry just hearing about it. I hope Ford gets an alert every time these errors occur in the vehicle (OTA)
Drove fine, but never feels good to see a message saying "FAULT" or "Service Vehicle Soon"

I got the feeling they rely on the dealer to send them the fault codes. I had heard prior they can see them but at this point it does not appear to be the case. I ask that FORD FE takes a look without me having to take it back to the dealer again. There is some sort of bug, they should be able to figure it out. Should be able to see it all remotely, if the message was not in the center of the screen I would put a sticker over it and call it a day at this point.

I am really annoyed, been an owner since 2/12, and now it's 2/27 with this issue still an on-going. 95% of the milage is going to and from the dealer. If I have to return this will be my fourth trip with it there 12 days in total. 2 for the first two visits (1 day each) and 9 for the last.

Please Ford, fix it or tell me it's cosmetic where I can drive it till fixed and just to be patient that they are working on it remotely.