machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
First off my dealer who is Fullterton Ford in NJ was great all around, no games no issues period. The MME arrived yesterday and the PDI was today, there was a loose plug to the ABS sensor that took them 4 hours to resolve. When I got home the FordPass app told me there is a power Train malfunction / reduced power, so something else is up. Dash says "Service soon" Hope I didn't get a lemon...

I hear the screen whine that's been spoken about, that I can live with it, but when you are in drive there is a low hum or noise (not the fake sounds). My leaf when in drive is totally silent, when you speed up the noise is much less. Anyone else experience the low noise when in Drive or Reverse? It goes silent when you are in park. I am also not able to get the wireless to sync to my home but I will figure that out later.

Will post tomorrow as it's late and I am tired.

Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.02.47 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.02.28 PM

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Congratulations! Hoping your issues are easily remedied. You really should not hear anything but road noise. Maybe the whine will go away with whatever the issue is.

I’m sure Ford will take care of you.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Based on what we know so far.....I would suspect that ABS circuit. These ship with a disk cover which I have always thought was unusual. Perhaps that disk cover might be the cause of the fault or perhaps when the covers are removed the ABS sensor could be affected?

When I get a moment I will try and see where that sensor is located. Usually near the wheel hub somewhere.

Car drive fine otherwise? No loss of power?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Congrats and hope your dealer helps soon to resolve these issues

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Based on what we know so far.....I would suspect that ABS circuit. These ship with a disk cover which I have always thought was unusual. Perhaps that disk cover might be the cause of the fault or perhaps when the covers are removed the ABS sensor could be affected?

When I get a moment I will try and see where that sensor is located. Usually near the wheel hub somewhere.

Car drive fine otherwise? No loss of power?
They said the ABS issue was a loose harness connector, reseated and was fixed. However that after after swapping the ABS sensor module with another MME which turned out not to be the issue. Not sure about loss of power, message came up after I pulled into the garage and pulled my other car behind it. Will take a test ride in the morning. I think the Service soon message came up prior but I assume it was just something that needed to be reset. Like a reminder thing.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Congratulations! Hoping your issues are easily remedied. You really should not hear anything but road noise. Maybe the whine will go away with whatever the issue is.

I’m sure Ford will take care of you.
I don't doubt they will, it's just a back and forth thing. I would like to know if other owners when going into Drive the MME is still silent as well at low speeds?

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
did it come up when you first paired the app? Or it was because of the drive home?
Came up after the drive home, first dinner then a test drive, then parked. After the last park the error was there but the service soon on the dash was there prior but I do not remember seeing it at the dealer. I assume the service soon was just a maintenance reminder not an actual fault. Would be nice if that is the case they word it much clearer. There is nowhere inside the car says such fault, just the FordPass app.

Last edited:

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I hear the screen whine that's been spoken about, that I can live with it, but when you are in drive there is a low hum or noise (not the fake sounds). My leaf when in drive is totally silent, when you speed up the noise is much less. Anyone else experience the low noise when in Drive or Reverse? It goes silent when you are in park.
The MME emits a sound to warn pedestrians in reverse and at low speeds (I believe up to 20 mph, but I'm not sure about the exact speed). That's by design to make up for a lack of engine sound and to avoid sneaking up on unsuspecting pedestrians. It's different than the artificial engine sound (which is generated in the cabin only). I noticed it too during the test drive; the sound went away as soon as I sped up and returned when I was driving slow through the parking lot. It was noticeable but not particularly annoying.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The MME emits a sound to warn pedestrians in reverse and at low speeds (I believe up to 20 mph, but I'm not sure about the exact speed). That's by design to make up for a lack of engine sound and to avoid sneaking up on unsuspecting pedestrians. It's different than the artificial engine sound (which is generated in the cabin only). I noticed it too during the test drive; the sound went away as soon as I sped up and returned when I was driving slow through the parking lot. It was noticeable but not particularly annoying.
Ok, whew

These are the other messages I got.

No idea what the low temp means and to plug in? I am at 82% right now.

Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.51.08 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.50.54 PM

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
First off my dealer who is Fullterton Ford in NJ was great all around, no games no issues period. The MME arrived yesterday and the PDI was today, there was a loose plug to the ABS sensor that took them 4 hours to resolve. When I got home the FordPass app told me there is a power Train malfunction / reduced power, so something else is up. Dash says "Service soon" Hope I didn't get a lemon...

I hear the screen whine that's been spoken about, that I can live with it, but when you are in drive there is a low hum or noise (not the fake sounds). My leaf when in drive is totally silent, when you speed up the noise is much less. Anyone else experience the low noise when in Drive or Reverse? It goes silent when you are in park. I am also not able to get the wireless to sync to my home but I will figure that out later.

Will post tomorrow as it's late and I am tired.
shouldn't have to live with any issue on a brand new car

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
No idea what the low temp means and to plug in? I am at 82% right now.

Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.50.54 PM
The low temp one is a carry over from the Focus Electric.

The car will use power from the cord to keep the battery relatively warm overnight (even if it isn't charging).

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Well dropped it off at the dealer, waiting for the call....

The "Service Soon" stayed on for good in the center of the screen during the entire drive there, didn't do that prior to the alert in the App. In the app it says powertrain malfunction, car say nothing beyond "Service Soon", however driving it I didn't noice any changes of power or handling.

The kick of it is, they gave me a loaner FORD ICE and I already miss the MME...

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Hope all gets fixed - especially the screen whine - that would be a deal breaker for me (sensitive ears). My order is with Fullerton/Somerville.