RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
dealer told me the incentive will hold since whatever is there when I click “order” is what I’ll get. Sounds too good to be true but we’ll see!
Yeah, it is too good to be true. That's not how Ford does it. See if you can get them to put it in writing.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have Ford's word that engineering is working on it. Any folks rethinking the MME, don't, Ford wants success and they are responsive. In my case some issues are just harder to pinpoint. I do believe mine are possibly environmental interference.

FWIW - I was just joking around with the plaque to make light of the situation, but I know for sure Ford is working on it. I appreciate the attention and they are hard working folks just like the rest of us.

So Ford,

Thank you!

Now fix it :)

Last edited:

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Yeah, it is too good to be true. That's not how Ford does it. See if you can get them to put it in writing.
Definitely concerning lol I’ll see if they’ll stand by that and put it in writing.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have Ford's word that engineering is working on it. Any folks rethinking the MME, don't, Ford wants success and they are responsive. In my case some issues are just harder to pinpoint. I do believe mine are possibly environmental interference.

FWIW - I was just joking around with the plaque to make light of the situation, but I know for sure Ford is working on it. I appreciate the attention and they are hard working folks just like the rest of us.

So Ford,

Thank you!

Now fix it :)
I think you're more understanding than I would be. BUT this is the reason I never considered tesla as the nearest service facility is atlanta, two hours away. My ford dealer is 3 miles.

I got to say, I'd be close to lemon law implementation, something I've never considered before.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I think you're more understanding than I would be. BUT this is the reason I never considered tesla as the nearest service facility is atlanta, two hours away. My ford dealer is 3 miles.

I got to say, I'd be close to lemon law implementation, something I've never considered before.
I want my MME, it’s not a lemon, just needs a software patch. My issue will get resolved.

My FE is mint, why wait for another one or go through the hassle? So folks I’m not going that route anytime soon.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Ford is taking these issues very serious. If they are not, people can't just be hurt but killed. With every new electronic there are issues with the first few. Look at what happened with Playstation, Xbox, IPhones, even that other auto manufacturer with T. They sent a Field Service Engineer to my dealership and he was with it updating for hours and making sure everything ran properly. I believe in Ford and I would recommend the MME 110% every time.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Update 3/2:

I am working with Ford, making progress. My issue appears to be localized to my garage as I am able to reproduce it. If drive away from my home, park, going into a store and return the Service and Powertrain fault messages clear. When I return home, in my driveway it does not happen, however as soon as I pull into my garage and return to the MME the two errors reappear.

Powertrain Fault (APP)
Service Vehicle Soon (Dash)

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Update 3/2:

I am working with Ford, making progress. My issue appears to be localized to my garage as I am able to reproduce it. If drive away from my home, park, going into a store and return the Service and Powertrain fault messages clear. When I return home, in my driveway it does not happen, however as soon as I pull into my garage and return to the MME the two errors reappear.

Powertrain Fault (APP)
What the heck?!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
There's another guy here who only experiences charging issues when using the mobile charger at his house. His electrical checks out - it really does seem that there are errors that only occur based on location. It is bizarre. Probably best to move?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Update 3/2:

Powertrain Fault (APP)
You obviously need to move! ?

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Update 3/2:

Powertrain Fault (APP)
Do you have any atypical electronics or potential sources of EMI in your garage? Any motors, HVAC, electrical breakers, solar panel inverters, nearby radio towers, tin foil hats, etc.

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Update 3/2:

Powertrain Fault (APP)
Have you noticed any paranormal things occurring around your home...do you need an exorcism performed? It's like your garage is the Bermuda Triangle.
Sponsored