Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Yes but note the powertrain message is very generic and used for many different errors. How or where did you get the message?
car was just in my garage I was playing around with all the settings. Ever since it showed up it hasn’t gone away.
Error is on instrument cluster as well as Ford pass app like others on this forum.
Sponsored

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
car was just in my garage I was playing around with all the settings. Ever since it showed up it hasn’t gone away.
Error is on instrument cluster as well as Ford pass app like others on this forum.
So try this and let us know the results, go for a drive 3 miles, park, sit with the car off for 5 minutes, start car, do both errors go away? You might have to close and open the FordPass app for it to clear there, but the dash should no longer say "Service Vehicle Soon"

Confirm that here and then I will direct message you with what is going on.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When you were playing with the car, did you have the car on or just accessories?

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
When you were playing with the car, did you have the car on or just accessories?
Is accessories on just by pressing the button without the break pedal?

Also side questions: Do we have to turn the car off every time we come out of the car? I'm used to the tesla I traded in where I just exit the car and it'll turn off.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Is accessories on just by pressing the button without the break pedal?

Also side questions: Do we have to turn the car off every time we come out of the car? I'm used to the tesla I traded in where I just exit the car and it'll turn off.
There's a setting whereby the car turns itself off after 30 min, in the event you leave it on.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
There's a setting whereby the car turns itself off after 30 min, in the event you leave it on.
One should shut the car off when they are leaving the vehicle for an extended time.

@fayt349 was able to clear the code by driving and stopping, waiting to hear if it comes back again after starting up again from the garage.

This most likely is the same issue as I have, lost communication due to something causing interference. Ford is aware and working on it, I was able to show them personally the issue and they have seen it first hand.

We are in good hands!!

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
One should shut the car off when they are leaving the vehicle for an extended time.

@fayt349 was able to clear the code by driving and stopping, waiting to hear if it comes back again after starting up again from the garage.

This most likely is the same issue as I have, lost communication due to something causing interference. Ford is aware and working on it, I was able to show them personally the issue and they have seen it first hand.

We are in good hands!!
Have you narrowed it down to a specific device or frequency range?

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Have you narrowed it down to a specific device or frequency range?
I am really waiting for Ford to figure it out. If they don't I will try to eliminate it one by one. If I get time this afternoon I will try a few things, but many of them will disrupt my home.

I rather not pull my home apart, things stop working for others who are remote workers :)

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I love RR folks... When in the SUN this baby shines.

It time I test takes about 30-45 minutes to complete the test. Start with error, drive for 3 miles, wait 5 minutes with everything off, start again with error cleared, drive back and start over again.

First test done - Chamberlin Garage Door units and Hub - Off by breaker,

Service Soon comes back, it's not my garage door

Second Test done - Garage Outlets breaker off, Charger / 50 AMP breaker off, Directv wireless bridge off.

Service Soon comes back, it's not that

Next tests will have to wait.

Third test will have to be done when I get a window of time to shutdown my wireless network

Forth test will be turning my main breaker off - 2 UPS units will keep a few things on for 45 minutes which I am not going to down. This will at least turn off the above plus my Z-wave stuff / Zigbee and most of my wireless devices.

If the forth test fails, I quit, most likely will just sell my house and move to an island.

I am trying my best to isolate this and help Ford, but it's not easy and I have little info to go on to narrow it down.

Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 3.10.31 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 3.10.13 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 3.10.03 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 3.15.07 PM

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
machefan, I applaud your patience. It is no wonder they put a new stop ship delay out recently. They must be totally overwhelmed bay all these problems. God your interference issue sounds complicated.

bburk00

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'68 Mustang, 2021 MME FE, 2022 MME GTPE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I got my MME on Thursday, we took a short 200 mile round trip in it on Saturday and tried out the Electrify America chargers, no issues. This morning I received the "Service Vehicle Soon" with the same message as you, in the app. Shut off the car and decided to take my wife's on our Target run. Got back, and started the MME and the message was gone. Drove it for about 30 miles and didn't seem to be affected. When it had the error though, I did have the red ring of death (like the old Xboxs :0) on the charging lights. Hoping it doesn't come back.

I don't have any major electronics around my garage area. We have the older Lift Master garage door openers. Our 200 amp panel is in the basement on the other side of the house. I'm using a enel x juicebox 40 to charge it. Closest Alexa type device or router is probably 30 feet away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Well my issue has been discovered by process of elimination while working with Ford Engineering. My TP-LINK Ethernet over Power Lines was the culprit of the "Service Now" Interference with the DCFC module. The TP-Link operates in the same frequency as the module and Ford will be working on a fix.

This was also causing the MME to have the RED ring on the charger after disconnect.

More testing to be done, but it's the source.

Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified tempImageFKJeHj

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Well my issue has been discovered by process of elimination while working with Ford Engineering. My TP-LINK Ethernet over Power Lines is the culprit of the "Service Now" Interference with the DCFC module. The TP-Link operates in the same frequency as the module and Ford will be working on a fix.

This would present it self when I was about within 15 feet of a module. This would also cause the MME to have the RED ring on the charger after disconnect.

Nicely done (both you and Ford).

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Well my issue has been discovered by process of elimination while working with Ford Engineering. My TP-LINK Ethernet over Power Lines is the culprit of the "Service Now" Interference with the DCFC module. The TP-Link operates in the same frequency as the module and Ford will be working on a fix.

This would present it self when I was about within 15 feet of a module. This would also cause the MME to have the RED ring on the charger after disconnect.

Ford Mustang Mach-E RR FE - POWERTRAIN FAULT  - Update 3/26 - Issue Identified tempImageFKJeHj
That was one of my thoughts for the charging issues others are seeing as well. Maybe even if the utility company was doing something like that for smart meters since there was a high concentration in IL. Congratulations for figuring it out.