machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
That was one of my thoughts for the charging issues others are seeing as well. Maybe even if the utility company was doing something like that for smart meters since there was a high concentration in IL. Congratulations for figuring it out.
Could be possible, the frequency in question is 1.6 MHz to 30 MHz. Many power companies have wireless transmitters like you said.
Sponsored

willowma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER AWD on order
Country flag
Well my issue has been discovered by process of elimination while working with Ford Engineering. My TP-LINK Ethernet over Power Lines was the culprit of the "Service Now" Interference with the DCFC module. The TP-Link operates in the same frequency as the module and Ford will be working on a fix.

This was also causing the MME to have the RED ring on the charger after disconnect.

More testing to be done, but it's the source.

tempImageFKJeHj.png
Don't have my Mach-e yet but do have DLink ethernet over power modules, one on the other side of the garage from where the Chargepoint Homeflex and Mach-e will be. This module is used for ethernet communications for my solar inverter and storage battery. Sounds like I will also need this fix from day 1. Did Ford say this would be OTA, and if so, when the ETA would likely be?

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Don't have my Mach-e yet but do have DLink ethernet over power modules, one on the other side of the garage from where the Chargepoint Homeflex and Mach-e will be. This module is used for ethernet communications for my solar inverter and storage battery. Sounds like I will also need this fix from day 1. Did Ford say this would be OTA, and if so, when the ETA would likely be?
They said they will be working on it and now working in the lab to create the situation. Not sure if OTA or if in dealer update.

annieob

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
So try this and let us know the results, go for a drive 3 miles, park, sit with the car off for 5 minutes, start car, do both errors go away? You might have to close and open the FordPass app for it to clear there, but the dash should no longer say "Service Vehicle Soon"

Confirm that here and then I will direct message you with what is going on.

annieob

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag

We have had the same issue from day 1. We are computer savvy, so have been figuring it's a software or sensor glitch. We took it to the dealer this week and they confirmed the problem and said Ford will be fixed in June. They said it will be a dealer repair not ONA. They did advise us that it is safe to continue driving the vehicle.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
We have had the same issue from day 1. We are computer savvy, so have been figuring it's a software or sensor glitch. We took it to the dealer this week and they confirmed the problem and said Ford will be fixed in June. They said it will be a dealer repair not ONA. They did advise us that it is safe to continue driving the vehicle.
Yup, they are working on it but the dealers info in not accurate on timing, they are talking about a different issue for June. Interference can come from a few different things that operate in frequencies adjacent to it which is the case here. My culprit was two power line adapters for networking between to locations which uses ones home electrical wiring for communications.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Bump, Ford is still working on it.

Mach e Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e. F-150 Powerboost
Country flag
I got the dreaded "A Powertrain or four-wheel drive fault has been detected" on my app. The car say's "Service Soon". I was trying to charge at a DCFC (Juice Bar / Energy Bar) that doesn't work with my MME. It did work for the Ionic parked next to me. When I finally gave up trying, unplugged and backed out of the spot, the message appeared. I drove home 20 miles, parked and shut down. Restarted later to see if the message cleared but no joy. I plugged into my home charger and charged back up. Started after charging and pulled out of the garage then back in. Still have the message. I also detect a "buzzing" sound under the frunk. After reading through this tread I am going to 1) try to start the vehicle while plugged in. 2)Check the 12V battery connections 3)Check the charge receptacle (If I can) to insure it's connected properly (Although it must be because my level 2 "Ford Connect" charger worked). 4)Call the dealer as a last resort. It's a Premium AWD Extended range battery. Any tips appreciated.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I got the dreaded "A Powertrain or four-wheel drive fault has been detected" on my app. The car say's "Service Soon". I was trying to charge at a DCFC (Juice Bar / Energy Bar) that doesn't work with my MME. It did work for the Ionic parked next to me. When I finally gave up trying, unplugged and backed out of the spot, the message appeared. I drove home 20 miles, parked and shut down. Restarted later to see if the message cleared but no joy. I plugged into my home charger and charged back up. Started after charging and pulled out of the garage then back in. Still have the message. I also detect a "buzzing" sound under the frunk. After reading through this tread I am going to 1) try to start the vehicle while plugged in. 2)Check the 12V battery connections 3)Check the charge receptacle (If I can) to insure it's connected properly (Although it must be because my level 2 "Ford Connect" charger worked). 4)Call the dealer as a last resort. It's a Premium AWD Extended range battery. Any tips appreciated.
I would swap options 1 and 4.

Mach e Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e. F-150 Powerboost
Country flag
Friday morning update: After chores this morning and after reading an inordinate amount of these threads I mapped out a course of action. To start I looked at the Ford Pass app on my phone and lo and behold the Powertrain fault was gone. I went to the Pony and started her up, no fault, all screens cleared for takeoff. I took it for a 10 mile spin and no issues arose. Apparently it self healed overnight in the garage. In the meantime I started a file on my home PC with pertinent data including the TSB. I'll keep an electronic log and track my issues as they arise. As an early adopter I expect to be at the forefront of some issues and this is / was one of them but overall I have faith in Ford engineering and technology. Most of the posts here relate to issues but on the whole this is one awesome unit and I believe Ford has pulled even if not ahead of Tesla (Certainly ahead for fit and finish). Enjoy the ride...

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
That dealership sticker on the paint would be a dealbreaker for me. I will happily leave a dealer plate holder on my car, but I loathe stickers of any kind on my car.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Friday morning update: After chores this morning and after reading an inordinate amount of these threads I mapped out a course of action. To start I looked at the Ford Pass app on my phone and lo and behold the Powertrain fault was gone. I went to the Pony and started her up, no fault, all screens cleared for takeoff. I took it for a 10 mile spin and no issues arose. Apparently it self healed overnight in the garage. In the meantime I started a file on my home PC with pertinent data including the TSB. I'll keep an electronic log and track my issues as they arise. As an early adopter I expect to be at the forefront of some issues and this is / was one of them but overall I have faith in Ford engineering and technology. Most of the posts here relate to issues but on the whole this is one awesome unit and I believe Ford has pulled even if not ahead of Tesla (Certainly ahead for fit and finish). Enjoy the ride...
I asked the FE I was working with yesterday if any updates yet, he said they are still working on it. I am going into the dealer on Monday to program the FOB, will ask them to update my MME. He was not sure if some of the other updates might actually correct it so said I should ask the dealer to update etc.

OP
OP
machefan

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
That dealership sticker on the paint would be a dealbreaker for me. I will happily leave a dealer plate holder on my car, but I loathe stickers of any kind on my car.
Me too, but since that's their DEMO MME I can't say boo. My MME does not have any stickers or dealer marketing brackets. They loaned me the demo when I was in the shop for two weeks.
Sponsored