First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Is that a guess or a fact? I wasn't able to find anything on this for the MME.
Don't know, but they certainly look to be a visual match to all the test mules we've seen. I've been wondering about those piston sleeves as I've not noticed them on other calipers before.
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Don't know, but they certainly look to be a visual match to all the test mules we've seen. I've been wondering about those piston sleeves as I've not noticed them on other calipers before.
The front brake rotors & calipers do appear to be quite sizable.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I was looking at this yesterday, and hopefully someone can explain it to me since it's not making sense. The spec sheet shows the Premium has 19" wheels, and 18" front rotors. How is that possible?
Not sure if that's right. But they look pretty big on the front.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ruby Red EX Mach-E (White interior) in the wild-revealed 1594050369007

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Not sure if that's right. But they look pretty big on the front.
Exactly, no doubt that spec sheet is possibly incorrect, at this point, NO ONE, can say for sure since there are ZERO production units available, and for someone to claim 10 in. (based on a pic of the rear wheels) and flaws on a car not available in production guise yet is asinine.

My opinion - the rotors im betting Ford will equip the Mach E with will be 13 - 14 in. The Ruby Red pics in this thread, front calipers appears to be at min 2 piston and rears are single thus why rotors appear "small".

For reference here are C6 Z51 stock brakes and calipers (Fr: wheels = 18' and R: = 19'. Brakes = Fr: 13.4 w/ 2 piston calipers and R: 13 w/ single piston calipers)

Front:
601_2ee8eb3ad9e09213b08db5ca1171ccb86be2e080.jpg

Rear:
600_a47a37f39db7307be532c872ce25c5e81e68cbd5.jpg

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
I hope this is addressed. I think about the first year Edge, 2007 I think, and it was widely known the brakes were inadequate. I bought the 2008, which I still have, and it had a number of improvements, most notably, the brakes. So, this topic has me concerned because Ford has blown the initial brake system on a new vehicle before.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
Exactly, no doubt that spec sheet is possibly incorrect, at this point, NO ONE, can say for sure since there are ZERO production units available, and for someone to claim 10 in. (based on a pic of the rear wheels) and flaws on a car not available in production guise yet is asinine.
Riddle me this: what happens when ten inch rear rotors fade and your "13 - 14 in" front rotors are fully effective? Do you know anything at all about brakes, anything? And before you jump in with "The fronts do most of the work." that still won't account for the size difference in rotors you claim.

I'm not criticizing production models. I'm criticizing this particular specimen. I'm not "claiming" 10" rear rotors, I measured them. If I'm wrong, show me your measurements rather than your rants. I've been wrong before; I'll be wrong again. Guess what? You too. We learn by discussion, not by screaming like a little baby when someone disagrees with us.

No one will be more thrilled than me if the production Mach-e features 13.4" front and 13" rear rotors. Unlike some fan boys who will drool over anything, I want to see a Mach-e which will be successful and lead the way into Ford's electric future.

Last edited by a moderator:

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Nak - stop being a jerk. Apparently your a brake expert, fine. To me, your a random stranger on the internet. I (and I assume most people here) are going to trust Ford's engineers over a random stranger. You can make your arguments without your inflammatory language.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
Nak - stop being a jerk. Apparently your a brake expert, fine. To me, your a random stranger on the internet. I (and I assume most people here) are going to trust Ford's engineers over a random stranger. You can make your arguments without your inflammatory language.
Sorry zhackwyatt, I merely responded in kind to syNRG's post. I feel no need to be polite to someone who is being an ass to me, especially when the offending poster rants about subjects they clearly have zero actual knowledge.

I make no claim to being an expert on brakes, but I am at least somewhat knowledgeable. I also can recognize the impossibility of two objects occupying the same space at the same time, something lost on certain other posters.

EDITED TO ADD: In retrospect, there is no need to escalate. I edited both posts to limit my lack of politeness to the same lack synRG showed me.

Last edited:

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I just realized that it looks like a key fob may be visible behind the screen...
If so, that's a really big and dorky looking key fob.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Do not discount regenerative braking. On our Chevy Bolt, the ONLY time I used the brakes was in a panic type stop as if some idiot pulled out in front of me. The Regen was quite strong. My present Leaf SL Plus does not have as good regenerative braking as the Bolt did and I do find myself occasionally having to use the brakes....not often though. I doubt you will have too many repetitive braking scenarios in a short period of time unless you like to ride someone's ass down the road.
Sponsored