RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Technically, you're correct. But GM no longer owns Opel. It's kind of strange that Opel can buy the car from GM and resell it profitably (maybe they can't). It's widely speculated that the Ampera will be gone once Opel gets into full production with its Corsa EV and Mokka X EV.
If anything about Opel was profitable, GM would still own it...
Sponsored

Mrskgb95

First Name
Kristie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, Fusion Hybrid, Ranger, EcoSport, Focus
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
My kids have been driving a 2013 Focus Hatchback. They love the look of it. We would buy this car.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
At first, I was excited to hear a smaller, MEB-based Ford was in the works, but after hearing it's going to be another (smaller) Mustang EV SUV, I'm doing a double take. One electric Mustang crossover is enough, thank you. Guess I should be glad there's no plans for it coming here...

-SG
(EDIT: By the way, didn't Ford already take a big risk with the current MME?????)

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Price of 30,000 - 40,000 pounds is about $42,000 - $52,000 dollars. For basically a Fiesta SUV/CUV. That's about what the Mach-e costs. This 'mini' will never sell in U.S.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Perhaps not a fiesta but a Puma replacement.

The Puma is a fiesta under the beautiful outside and sells at a (daft) premium for the looks/trendy appeal. It is a massive seller here.
The marketting is brilliant and the Puma brand adds huge value.

The smarter money selects the Kuga which is only about 10% more price for a much better overall car.

They would never sell a fiesta replacement at that price range you're discussing but a Puma could push upto around ÂŁ34k if it has an ev option with a SR battery to keep the build costs down.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroën Berlingo 2009
Country flag
They need to keep at least some hint of a muscle car if they want to sell it under the Mustang moniker. I guess GM and Stellantis (Dodge, Jeep, etc.) won’t just sit and watch this happening without moving now so I’m excited to see what they will make of their own Camaro or Charger

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
At first, I was excited to hear a smaller, MEB-based Ford was in the works, but after hearing it's going to be another (smaller) Mustang EV SUV, I'm doing a double take. One electric Mustang crossover is enough, thank you. Guess I should be glad there's no plans for it coming here...

-SG
(EDIT: By the way, didn't Ford already take a big risk with the current MME?????)
Fortunately, no one is saying this will actually be a Mustang. Besides, it is a home-spun render, not a Ford image. As I said in the introduction of this article, the article confuses the few facts from the rampant speculation and leaves it to the reader to figure out the differences.
Fact: Ford's pulling lots of money into the Cologne plant
Fact: Ford has announced a smallish BEV in collaboration with VW on the VW platform.
Speculation: Most everything else in the article.
Sponsored