leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
If you don't know, Shaw mostly covers the Tesla world, but is also a Rivian owner.

Sponsored

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Kinda nice to the Mach-E still getting the occasional review - it seems these days if a car is not brand new YouTubers won't give it the time of day. I get why, but things have changed a lot since the MY21 models. Too bad he didn't get to try out BlueCruise.

samev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Bit surprised that Ryan rates the MachE above the Ioniq5 in many aspects, but that may be because the MachE is a closer clone of his Model Y than the I5 is.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Kinda nice to the Mach-E still getting the occasional review - it seems these days if a car is not brand new YouTubers won't give it the time of day. I get why, but things have changed a lot since the MY21 models. Too bad he didn't get to try out BlueCruise.
My guess is he didn’t hit lane keep/centering and thus BC was never enabled.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Bit surprised that Ryan rates the MachE above the Ioniq5 in many aspects, but that may be because the MachE is a closer clone of his Model Y than the I5 is.
I just watched both the MME and i5 reviews and found he obsessed over infotainment too much and both cars were the base trims and he compare it with the Y which is one loaded config.

The Ioniq 5 Limited has HUD, 360 camera, pano roof with cover, premium audio, ventilated seats (that aren’t cloth either). It’s very much like every other Kia/Hyundai car and less of a Y clone like the MME.

Honestly the Y, Mach-E, Ioniq 5 in top trim form are all very close. The perfect EV doesn’t but I’d want the Ioniq 5’s ride quality + quiet cabin, Tesla’s audio system, Ford’s BlueCruise, Ioniq 5’s 800V charging speeds, Tesla’s drivetrain efficiency/range, Ioniq 5’s ventilated seats and HUD, Mach’s dashboard and vertical screen, Tesla’s voice control system and Tesla’s app. It may sound stupid but I love the Mach’s pony lights.

I test drove the GV60 Performance last week and thought it would possibly be the perfect EV but it was an slightly improved Ioniq 5 with less cargo space and some disturbing recalls and problems. The so called adaptive suspension was not an improvement over the Ioniq 5 either. I drove through rough roads and it was bumpy a heck like my Ioniq 5.

My former BMW i4 still had a better ride quality and quieter cabin than all the cars I’ve mentioned above and I don’t think that standard is too high.

Almondtree

First Name
Phyllis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I just watched this video and noticed that when he drove in Blue Cruise, the little screen that detects eye movement was active. My 2021 Premium stays black in Blue Cruise. Is that normal? Did they add that feature in 2023?

OP
OP
leehinde

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I just watched this video and noticed that when he drove in Blue Cruise, the little screen that detects eye movement was active. My 2021 Premium stays black in Blue Cruise. Is that normal? Did they add that feature in 2023?
The camera picks up the lights flashing that we (humans) can't see.

Almondtree

First Name
Phyllis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I have never had anything on that screen.

shayna

First Name
niekdoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
kia picanto
Country flag
Great review Nicola. Placed an order 3 weeks ago for the M Sport. 'BAM' definitely describes the car's performance (felt very similar to my B9 S4 but with an immediate punch when needed). Climate control wise, the physical dials are sorely missed (however the speech recognition seemed to work quite well for the occasions I wanted to change the temperatures on the extended test drive). Test drove the etron GT last year, obviously a very different price bracket and if money was no object, being honest, I'd have been tempted to go down the Ingolstadt route for the GT's looks. Granted the GT has physical HVAC buttons but loses the MMI wheel which the i4 retains (for me personally I use that wheel more in my current S4 than the climate controls). In terms of bang for buck though, at present the i4 can't be beaten... It's 99% of the etron GT for 66% of the outlay, a hugely impressive, practical and compelling car.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox
Sponsored

Last edited: