Safe to ignore multiple warnings that go away?

Paul H

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
Got in my car yesterday, about 75% soc, and get multiple warning boxes:
one pedal drive not available, advance trac not available service soon, AWD not available service soon, AWD off, pre-collision alert not available, adaptive cruise not available, and maybe another I may have forgotten. Got the wrench, but no turtle or stop safely soon. Since I was on the way to a doctor's appointment I drove it about 30 miles. After about an hour and a half at the doctors, get back in the car everything is fine. Is it worth taking it to the dealer for maybe weeks while they talk to Ford about a problem they can't replicate or should I just ignore it? It wasn't just random warning lights, I had no cruise control, OPD, etc. Thanks, Paul
Sponsored

mmap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Route1
Occupation
Software Guy
Country flag
I'm not sure about the MachE, but on other EVs weird behavior like this is the first sign of problems with the 12v battery.

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
one pedal drive not available, advance trac not available service soon, AWD not available service soon, AWD off, pre-collision alert not available, adaptive cruise not available, and maybe another I may have forgotten. Got the wrench, but no turtle or stop safely soon. Since I was on the way to a doctor's appointment I drove it about 30 miles. After about an hour and a half at the doctors, get back in the car everything is fine. Is it worth taking it to the dealer for maybe weeks while they talk to Ford about a problem they can't replicate or should I just ignore it? It wasn't just random warning lights, I had no cruise control, OPD, etc. Thanks, Paul
I have a 2018 Honda Clarity PHEV and experienced the same error notices (along with many others in the InsideEVs Clarity Forum). While dramatic, it was always indicative of issues with the 12 V battery and the error notices went away either upon restarting, checking battery connections, or replacing the 12V battery. In my own case, my 12V was two years old and only half shot but it needed replacement.

capnhowdy21

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Development Manager
Country flag
I’m certainly not an expert but I think it really depends on if it happens again. Computers are weird and do weird things. So if it was a one time thing, I’d ignore it, if it happens again maybe take it in.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Since you just got the car, it’s possible that the 12V battery was low. Now that you’re driving, it may charge normally and sort itself out. At this point, I’d just keep an eye on things and enjoy the car.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dying 12V. Lots of info here on this forum from others with the exact same problem. Appears some believe it does not manage the 12V until you get it ;). Then somehow it all works; it just does not work well before you get it. After it will sit a lot better because it has company. Charging "reconditioning" the 12V can help make up for what the car is not doing.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
What updates have you had done on the car? Since it looks, by your profile creation date, that you have a Job1 vehicle did you get any of the 12v battery TSBs done?

If you want me to check, send me your VIN via DM and I can see what updates you got and haven't gotten.

OP
OP

Paul H

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks, I sent my vin # using the start conversation, don't know if that is the same as DM or not. Let me know if I need to do something different.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Thanks, I sent my vin # using the start conversation, don't know if that is the same as DM or not. Let me know if I need to do something different.
Yup I got it.

So your vehicle was built after the 12v issue. But you still have a number of updates that need to be performed, many of which are part of 21P22 and it won't cost you anything.

Since you are having issues I would call and schedule a service for 21P22 and tell them of the faults you are receiving. Many of the updates in the below list are battery management updates.

I'm not claiming that these will magically fix everything, but since your car is 8 months old and never had any updates performed I would get these done.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Safe to ignore multiple warnings that go away? 1643213143128

OP
OP

Paul H

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks so much for your help. I'm having problems with the doors taking multiple button pushes to open, so hopefully this update will will help with that too, since I see DCMs listed. You've helped so many people on the forum Ford should put you on retainer. Thanks, again, Paul
Sponsored