ten8bike

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 pickup
Country flag
Competent dealership, maybe try Marin County Ford. Or Sunnyvale.
Marin County Ford will not do the windshield update. They say that not one windshield company in Marin will work with them. They flat out tell you to go somewhere else (which I suppose is good if they don't truly don't want to do it).
Sponsored

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Had the recall update performed at the Dealer yesterday on my 2021 Mach-E california route 1 extended range rwd. Drove about 120 miles and had the High Voltage failure. Kinda relieved to just get the repair done and over with instead of waiting for it to happen.
2818A8D7-0C3D-4879-B3FD-CFAEC2ABEC90.jpeg
Seems like the "Update" makes the sensitivity higher. My update came via OTA last night. I guess we will see over the next few days to few weeks what happens.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Seems like the update is just a trigger for the larger problem. A way to feed the cars into the shop at a slower pace than a massive all at once hardware recall.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Had the recall update performed at the Dealer yesterday on my 2021 Mach-E california route 1 extended range rwd. Drove about 120 miles and had the High Voltage failure. Kinda relieved to just get the repair done and over with instead of waiting for it to happen.
2818A8D7-0C3D-4879-B3FD-CFAEC2ABEC90.jpeg
Interesting, haven’t seen this on a lot of RWD

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Marin County Ford will not do the windshield update. They say that not one windshield company in Marin will work with them. They flat out tell you to go somewhere else (which I suppose is good if they don't truly don't want to do it).
Hey, it could be that they can't get someone in Marin County to actually do it. It's possible. Otherwise, they have been probably the best Ford dealership I have encountered.

CaGuy

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E - FE Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Risk Manager
Country flag
Hey, it could be that they can't get someone in Marin County to actually do it. It's possible. Otherwise, they have been probably the best Ford dealership I have encountered.
I can confirm that Marin County Ford has major service issues for EV's. They had a three month reservation for me on software updates and windshield repair, and they cancelled the night before and never called me. Then never even bothered to make it right, even after complaints to the general manager. I would stay away from Marin County Ford for any EV servicing. The techs knew next to nothing about software updates when I inquired.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Who told you that? By the way, are two of the recalls for the glass? I guarantee those aren't coming OTA no matter how long you wait.
Transporter beams. :p

But yeah, those aren’t going to prevent sale by a private party.

On a serious note, my windshield recall has been put off by the dealer for so long now I’m going to have to get Ford involved as it’s becoming apparent the only dealer here isnt

aevans17

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e premium Awd
Country flag
We got the OTA on Thursday 8/4/2022. Our first OTA so glad to see OTA’s really work on our Job 1 Premium AWD. I still see 2 recalls/csps pending (22S41 and 22B08) in the app and on ford.com. How long does it take Ford to show that the update has been installed/and what are the odds that Ford will close out 22B08 once they show that 22S41 was installed via OTA? I installed Blue Cruise myself so finger’s crossed the machines figure all this out…

;) not holding my breath!

Richard L.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
We got the OTA on Thursday 8/4/2022. Our first OTA so glad to see OTA’s really work on our Job 1 Premium AWD. I still see 2 recalls/csps pending (22S41 and 22B08) in the app and on ford.com. How long does it take Ford to show that the update has been installed/and what are the odds that Ford will close out 22B08 once they show that 22S41 was installed via OTA? I installed Blue Cruise myself so finger’s crossed the machines figure all this out…

;) not holding my breath!
Mine cleared after 15 days.

entenna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (replaced Mercedes C43 AMG)
Country flag
I just tried to get the recall taken care of at Frontier Ford in San Jose but was blown away by their totally incompetent/lazy service department! Scheduled a service appointment for a Saturday weeks in advance for a recall and entered the recall information into the notes. When I showed up at the dealer, I was told that they don't do recalls on Saturdays. Why was I given the option to schedule this appointment and why did nobody review my appointment including the notes ahead of time. They are just ridiculous

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I can confirm that Marin County Ford has major service issues for EV's. They had a three month reservation for me on software updates and windshield repair, and they cancelled the night before and never called me. Then never even bothered to make it right, even after complaints to the general manager. I would stay away from Marin County Ford for any EV servicing. The techs knew next to nothing about software updates when I inquired.
This is super interesting to me. I've had my HVJBC and BECM replaced there. I've had my software updates run there. They couldn't do the glass recall, because they don't have a glass person, or a windshield shop around. They programmed a key fob when Hilltop refused to. They fixed the trunk weatherstripping on my car. I have had some questionable interactions with them, but overall, they've proven themselves to be competent. They could work on communication.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
Okay well *something* updated on my car last night, or maybe the night before. Noticed the icon on the tablet while driving this morning and pressed it. A dialogue box said "update successful, press here for details" or some such. Pressed for details and it says "you're up to date." Gee thanks.

Brakes feel a little smoother transitioning from regen to friction, and BlueCruise seems less flaky about shutting down and breaking into a chorus of "Jesus, take the wheel!" Possibly my phone doesn't get quite as hot on the cordless charger? Haven't really noticed any other behavioral changes. My car charged to 90% last night as it was supposed to, but the fan did seem louder while charging and the charge cord may have been a bit warmer than usual, at the time I mused "well, maybe it's finally updating or something," as I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've received an update since I picked the car up in June.

Anybody know of a way short of having somebody with FDRS chops check my VIN to see what update(s) I actually got? Failing that, anybody with FDRS willing to check my VIN?

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Okay well *something* updated on my car last night, or maybe the night before. Noticed the icon on the tablet while driving this morning and pressed it. A dialogue box said "update successful, press here for details" or some such. Pressed for details and it says "you're up to date." Gee thanks.

Brakes feel a little smoother transitioning from regen to friction, and BlueCruise seems less flaky about shutting down and breaking into a chorus of "Jesus, take the wheel!" Possibly my phone doesn't get quite as hot on the cordless charger? Haven't really noticed any other behavioral changes. My car charged to 90% last night as it was supposed to, but the fan did seem louder while charging and the charge cord may have been a bit warmer than usual, at the time I mused "well, maybe it's finally updating or something," as I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've received an update since I picked the car up in June.

Anybody know of a way short of having somebody with FDRS chops check my VIN to see what update(s) I actually got? Failing that, anybody with FDRS willing to check my VIN?
Received that too. Somebody posted previously that when you get the check mark and the message you received (same as I did) that it is just a Ford server handshake. No update but the Ford servers checked your system to see if it is ready for the OTA. Sounds logical to me as I have not received any updates to this point, Jan 31, 2022 GT build. Just passing on what I read - not gospel however.

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext, Chevy Bolt, Honda Minivan
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag

I got the same symbol but when I went to check the update...nothing. Still shows my last update was the Bluecruise map update.
Sponsored