David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Odyssey
Occupation
Fuel hauler
Country flag
How do you like your car? Range? Tech quirks? Have an order with lots of thoughts on whether to take it or not instead of a Tesla.
We initially got the Mach-E over a Tesla because of the tax credit. Plus the wife prefers the look of the Ford. It’s had the typical software quirks known for the car but most of its been fixed by now. We currently have an appointment to have the front camera fixed/replaced as it’s gone into fault mode and has completely disabled all cruise control. Otherwise, it’s a fun car to drive. The ride can be a little rough at times and the doors sound like something from the 90’s when you shut them but it otherwise feels solid.
Range? Eh, it’s a standard battery AWD. Original sticker says 211 miles of range, seems to roughly translate to about 190-200 on the highway though we’ve never really tested it. About 100 miles is the most we’ve gone without charging and hauling ass quickly drains it.
Sponsored

Alleyoop

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE
Occupation
Paraprofessional
Country flag
Who told you that? By the way, are two of the recalls for the glass? I guarantee those aren't coming OTA no matter how long you wait.
What do you mean the glass? I’m curious because I have pad pitting on front windshield.

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
FORD Software programmers DO NOT BOTHER to actually drive or beta test Mach e's worth diddly-squat before sending out these buggy inadequate so called updates.

My 'Update' August 5th = Defaulted my car to TWO-PEDAL driving! That is a safety issue FORD! DO NOT change a fundamental way I DRIVE the car without warning me! So is that the "Improved bake pedal feel" to be involuntarily defaulted BACK to two pedal driving mode? I do not trust any updates at this point.

NOW, the double HORN HONKING in/out BS is back!!!!!!! Double honks for NO DAMN REASON AT ALL!!!!

Wiped out many of my personal settings!

The update has made the Emergency Auto Brake even more crappy if that was even possible. I get why I can't just default lock it to OFF, but now it appears more sensitive, EVEN on the lowest sensitivity setting. What is wrong with you programmers?

Update wiped out my charge limit at 85% without informing me, so my car charged to 100%. No big deal, but I couldn't seem to easily find how to set it back to 85% as that menu changed.

I like this car, I have the least problematic configuration in the Tropics with a RWD and Standard battery and home charger, but I am ready to sell this software irritation off and trust that any other manufacturer takes programming more seriously.

Honolulu

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
FORD Software programmers DO NOT BOTHER to actually drive or beta test Mach e's worth diddly-squat before sending out these buggy inadequate so called updates.

My 'Update' August 5th = Defaulted my car to TWO-PEDAL driving! That is a safety issue FORD! DO NOT change a fundamental way I DRIVE the car without warning me! So is that the "Improved bake pedal feel" to be involuntarily defaulted BACK to two pedal driving mode? I do not trust any updates at this point.

NOW, the double HORN HONKING in/out BS is back!!!!!!! Double honks for NO DAMN REASON AT ALL!!!!

Wiped out many of my personal settings!

The update has made the Emergency Auto Brake even more crappy if that was even possible. I get why I can't just default lock it to OFF, but now it appears more sensitive, EVEN on the lowest sensitivity setting. What is wrong with you programmers?

Update wiped out my charge limit at 85% without informing me, so my car charged to 100%. No big deal, but I couldn't seem to easily find how to set it back to 85% as that menu changed.

I like this car, I have the least problematic configuration in the Tropics with a RWD and Standard battery and home charger, but I am ready to sell this software irritation off and trust that any other manufacturer takes programming more seriously.

Honolulu
My goodness, is the world ending in Hawaii or something? Just breathe, you'll get through this difficult time.

For one, they've already said this update prevents settings getting wiped in future updates.

Two, your IPC shows you if 1 pedal is on, so that's a pretty big warning.

Third, the double horn honking is if you close the door and the car is left on so that you don't just leave it on if it isn't intended.

koosc2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium Ext RWD ordered
Country flag
My goodness, is the world ending in Hawaii or something? Just breathe, you'll get through this difficult time.

For one, they've already said this update prevents settings getting wiped in future updates.

Third, the double horn honking is if you close the door and the car is left on so that you don't just leave it on if it isn't intended.
I will add that I've been getting the double honk issue too now. Even when I hit the power button it will honk at my about a second after I open the door before I'm even fully out of the car.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We initially got the Mach-E over a Tesla because of the tax credit. Plus the wife prefers the look of the Ford. It’s had the typical software quirks known for the car but most of its been fixed by now. We currently have an appointment to have the front camera fixed/replaced as it’s gone into fault mode and has completely disabled all cruise control. Otherwise, it’s a fun car to drive. The ride can be a little rough at times and the doors sound like something from the 90’s when you shut them but it otherwise feels solid.
Range? Eh, it’s a standard battery AWD. Original sticker says 211 miles of range, seems to roughly translate to about 190-200 on the highway though we’ve never really tested it. About 100 miles is the most we’ve gone without charging and hauling ass quickly drains it.
Thanks! Ya I like the looks and having something different appeals to me as well, although Tesla looks good too; ya, I can imagine the range is not great -big part of why I wish I could have and may still order a premium instead…. Appreciate your review:)

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag

Over 10,000 miles and waiting for FORD to make more obvious improvements MORE OFTEN. Not just micro tweaks and damage control... . I see the little tiny icons on the front screen, but after thousands of miles in/out I assume I can just get in my $50,000 car and drive it away just like I did the night before. Now I will do a take-off check list like a pilot every time there is an update. Oh the update is supposed to avoid messing my settings up the next dozen half baked updates.. Thank you.

The double horn honk does work when I get out of the car and walk away with the car on, That is not what I am talking about! The Horn stopped honking twice when my passenger would get IN the car or OUT of the car when I was sitting in the drivers seat door closed ignition READY. That is now back! It went away with the dealer updates 6 month ago and that is why I am annoyed.

Very Nice GTPE you have, While there is little fun use of that model in Honolulu traffic, I cannot imagine paying for one on a restricted 9 second hard throttle software leash due to under engineering of the battery pack and now connector.

Honolulu

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Over 10,000 miles and waiting for FORD to make more obvious improvements MORE OFTEN. Not just micro tweaks and damage control... . I see the little tiny icons on the front screen, but after thousands of miles in/out I assume I can just get in my $50,000 car and drive it away just like I did the night before. Now I will do a take-off check list like a pilot every time there is an update. Oh the update is supposed to avoid messing my settings up the next dozen half baked updates.. Thank you.

The double horn honk does work when I get out of the car and walk away with the car on, That is not what I am talking about! The Horn stopped honking twice when my passenger would get IN the car or OUT of the car when I was sitting in the drivers seat door closed ignition READY. That is now back! It went away with the dealer updates 6 month ago and that is why I am annoyed.

Very Nice GTPE you have, While there is little fun use of that model in Honolulu traffic, I cannot imagine paying for one on a restricted 9 second hard throttle software leash due to under engineering of the battery pack and now connector.

Honolulu
Guess you need a vacation from your vacation place of living. Oh boy.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Guess you need a vacation from your vacation place of living. Oh boy.
I thought Hawaii would be a nice, calm and relaxing place to live. Island life is supposed to be laid back, right? But Mr. Honolulu seems all stressed out.

ReRe

First Name
LaRivia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Occupation
Mortgage
Country flag
I'm sick of Ford and their so-called OTA updates haven't seen an update since March. still on 2.7.1. With 3 recalls and nothing but silence from Ford they can go to (you know where), Wish I could sell the damned thing.... FORD quit giving us the runaround!
If you are not receiving the updates, maybe just go to a dealership and let them know and they will fix that issue as well as download your updates. I don't get the problem. I had the same issue and I did not get the recall update, just took it in and they did the work and I am done. No complaints here.

outfishin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
If you are not receiving the updates, maybe just go to a dealership and let them know and they will fix that issue as well as download your updates. I don't get the problem. I had the same issue and I did not get the recall update, just took it in and they did the work and I am done. No complaints here.
I have gotten all of my previous updates with no issue, I just have not received this one yet and I am not sure how they are rolling the updates out?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My goodness, is the world ending in Hawaii or something?
The surf hasn't been up, the primary election for congress (2 seats), one senator, the governor and a bunch of state legislators is this week, HART is still a boondoggle and stunningly over budget and far behind schedule, the Navy’s 27,000 gallon jet fuel spill at Red Hill (Pearl Harbor) last holiday season (Merry Christmas!) has spread into Honolulu’s drinking water supply, and our property tax first payments are due in about two weeks.

I’m not really sure which order those go in though, but I’d bet on the surf not being up ranking very high.

So apparently. ;)
Sponsored