Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My goodness, is the world ending in Hawaii or something?
Part 2:
And some people are frustrated because their MME is not performing properly or it doesn’t meet expectations (realistic or otherwise). Take your pick on answers. ;)
Sponsored

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
What do you mean the glass? I’m curious because I have pad pitting on front windshield.
Went on my first road trip 1300 miles and got my first rock chip in the glass. Got it repaired today and noticed the smaller pitting on it, like 5 or 6 of them. Safe lite said they are too small to repair and structurally causing an issue. Never had that On a car before.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
I’m not really sure which order those go in though, but I’d bet on the surf not being up ranking very high.

So apparently. ;)
I never thought I would ever meet a surfing cat. I guess I was wrong. Dumb dog with a keyboard. 😊🐩

Matty C

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I got the recall notice you’re all talking about. I updated software at home and got a message that said that the update fixes the recall issue. But, when I called the dealer he said

Alleyoop

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE
Occupation
Paraprofessional
Country flag
Went on my first road trip 1300 miles and got my first rock chip in the glass. Got it repaired today and noticed the smaller pitting on it, like 5 or 6 of them. Safe lite said they are too small to repair and structurally causing an issue. Never had that On a car before.
Thank you for the info. I have been looking on here for any info about windshields and pitting because my windshield is pitted bad enough where it’s getting hard to see out of and I only have 3,500 miles.

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I thought Hawaii would be a nice, calm and relaxing place to live. Island life is supposed to be laid back, right? But Mr. Honolulu seems all stressed out.
Off topic but you obviously know nothing about Hawaii other than a one week holiday visit? Very different car culture and environment on Oahu, our version of LA. Other islands are significantly less populated and on permanent vacation.

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
FORD Software programmers DO NOT BOTHER to actually drive or beta test Mach e's worth diddly-squat before sending out these buggy inadequate so called updates.

My 'Update' August 5th = Defaulted my car to TWO-PEDAL driving! That is a safety issue FORD! DO NOT change a fundamental way I DRIVE the car without warning me! So is that the "Improved bake pedal feel" to be involuntarily defaulted BACK to two pedal driving mode? I do not trust any updates at this point.

NOW, the double HORN HONKING in/out BS is back!!!!!!! Double honks for NO DAMN REASON AT ALL!!!!

Wiped out many of my personal settings!

The update has made the Emergency Auto Brake even more crappy if that was even possible. I get why I can't just default lock it to OFF, but now it appears more sensitive, EVEN on the lowest sensitivity setting. What is wrong with you programmers?

Update wiped out my charge limit at 85% without informing me, so my car charged to 100%. No big deal, but I couldn't seem to easily find how to set it back to 85% as that menu changed.

I like this car, I have the least problematic configuration in the Tropics with a RWD and Standard battery and home charger, but I am ready to sell this software irritation off and trust that any other manufacturer takes programming more seriously.

Honolulu
So another 'Update' a few days later??? Why, to fix all the bugs in the preceding update that have caused so many stupid bugs I've reached the point I'm now dreaming about delivery of the Lyric on order.

FORD. New first time bug issues you sent in the last update has the ONE-PEDAL randomly tuning itself off on start up, It turns OFF for a brief moment when starting out from a parked situation and that GIVES THE PEDAL FEEL IMPRESSION there is UNINTENDED ACCELERATION. When in fact the system has defaulted back to Two Pedal mode. This IS a (driver profile) safety issue.

PAAK (iPhone 13pro) has been very reliable since the dealer updates six months ago but is now a buggy unreliable POS again!! Spent 15 minutes in a parking lot today unable to start the car for the first time in a year! WTF??? Rebooted car and phone before it went through multiple failed cycles until it said READY. Stupid stupid bugs all over the place now. Ambient lighting STUCK on orange....you have to be kidding. Won't allow charge cap max to 85%. Everyday new stupid issues that diminish the experience.

How can you deliver these BS updates over and over, and all with lame inadequate descriptions? Let me update your home computer for a few minutes and see how you like it.

10,000 miles, so I have some experience with this prototype E.V.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 224S1 and 22S29 arrived in the middle of the night! tempImageovF2Z

Flint302

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2016 Audi A3
Occupation
Retired government
Country flag
Okay an update from my last post. My recall OTA update, according to FordPass, was completed. The new update was installed. Today I had the car at the dealer to reshuffle the tires and they told me the recall was not completed and they need to install it and update a Blue Cruise module--two days required for both. I intend to bring it in in two weeks. I'm not sure what the problem is--or if there really is one. Just be aware.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Okay an update from my last post. My recall OTA update, according to FordPass, was completed. The new update was installed. Today I had the car at the dealer to reshuffle the tires and they told me the recall was not completed and they need to install it and update a Blue Cruise module--two days required for both. I intend to bring it in in two weeks. I'm not sure what the problem is--or if there really is one. Just be aware.
You can check for the Ford ETIS site to see if it has cleared. Sounds long... the recall update is really quick and the BC module shouldn't be more than 30 minutes to an hour, unless it is multiple. Interesting.

illusan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I received my update this evening. My car is a 2021 job 2.

Reactions: ckt

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
They probably just see the recalls still on there and didn’t check the actual modules that need to be updated. BlueCruise still shows up on mine even though I got it all OTA over a month ago along with the other updates that does. Dealer is just being clueless like usual.

Rjk1726

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Had the recall update performed at the Dealer yesterday on my 2021 Mach-E california route 1 extended range rwd. Drove about 120 miles and had the High Voltage failure. Kinda relieved to just get the repair done and over with instead of waiting for it to happen.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 224S1 and 22S29 arrived in the middle of the night! tempImageovF2Z
Ok just an update. The repair/replacement of the HVJB is complete. Got the car back yesterday so it was in shop less than a week. Not too bad. Only noticeable change after the software/recall update is in one pedal mode the braking seems a little softer. Anyone else notice this?

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Got this update this morning at 1am on my 2022 Select.

Mr. Toejam

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext, Chevy Bolt, Honda Minivan
Occupation
Dir of MFG Eng
Country flag
So I think I have the secret of getting the OTA update.

1) Get your recall notice that says you must come in and get 22B??? in order to receive OTA updates.
2) Set up an appointment to get the update.
3) The update shows up on the car. You press the UPDATE NOW button and 1 hour later is shows it failed.
4) At 1 AM the night before your appointment, you alarm goes off. You check and nothing. Then it goes off again. Shut it off again. Go outside to see that recall 22S41 is complete.
Spend the next 30 minutes to get the headlights to stay off.
5) Show up at the dealership the next morning.
6) Wait for an hour or 2 (busy Friday) for them to check everything out to tell you that they didn't need to do anything and you are completely up to date and good to go. Even though I get the message that I was up to date, I wanted them to scan everything to make sure.

Ha... I did get a nice latte from the dealer so not too bad. Villa Ford in Tustin/Orange CA were great about it. Easy to set up an appointment and they were helpful.

And yes, the alarm at my update time (1AM...switching it to 10PM) was not cool. So far, no neighbor complaints. My dogs were freaking out when the alarm went off. Good thing the wife slept through it. The headlights not shutting off was not cool. No issues now. And, 1-Pedal switched to off. Didn't freak me out because I always use the break when shifting into gear. Decades of a stick-shift habits, just don't go away. I think braking is smoother (sorry to say, the wife's Bolt still brakes smoother).

Let's see if Ford get's better on the next major update (hopefully for improvements only...like Pet Mode). With the possibility of fixing or improving my car in the future without having to go in, I'll take these early adopter issues as opportunities for progress.
Sponsored