Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
All it gives the dealer is a copy of the recall and a list of VIN numbers. Have to have a Ford account and password to view the list.
Ah so still nothing materially different pertaining to the fix, etc. alrighty, thanks!
Sponsored

Jim54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy SS 2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Has anyone with build date > May 24th been able to take delivery of their Mach e?
Mine is already at the dealership but my dealer says they are still waiting to hear from ford before they can sell even though mine was built May 26th.
[/QUOTE
Has anyone with build date > May 24th been able to take delivery of their Mach e?
Mine is already at the dealership but my dealer says they are still waiting to hear from ford before they can sell even though mine was built May 26th.
Mine was built on May 27th and the dealer tells me it's part of the recall and on hold.

Jambler

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD STD RANGE, Build 3/21, Gray
Occupation
Web
Country flag
Oh no, the fix instructions have been given to the dealers but they are not posted here yet. What is happening to the forum? :oops:

Jambler

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD STD RANGE, Build 3/21, Gray
Occupation
Web
Country flag
Much thanks! I thought the forum had become all about the 5 second rule.

Seriously though...following the ordering and the little things in these instructions were key to getting the blue cruise working. The blue cruise updates (for job 1) included things like keeping the door open then closing the door and hopping on one foot for 10 minutes.

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
Just stopped by my dealer and they are going to be applying the update tomorrow and I can pick up my car on Thursday! My dealer has 8 cars in stop delivery, so there will be 7 other happy new owners very soon too! I missed the pickup window by 1 day so I am very surprised how quickly they got this update rolled out I was resigning myself to August or even September so it’s a welcome July 4th surprise 🗽

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
For anyone trying to get a summary of the Safety Recall of the Mach-E, here is my take on the previous 119 pages. Approximately 290 out of the 49,000 MMEs (0.6% in 2 years) sold in the US have had a failure of the high voltage battery main contactors, which can result in a contactor that remains open or a contactor that welds closed. In either case the car will either stop running or fail to re-start after being turned off. The cause of the 0.6% failure is that the design and part-to-part variation of the high voltage battery main contactor are not sufficiently robust. So far there have been no reported accidents due to this problem.
The recall notice from Ford

It appears to be the GTs are affected the most, I am interested to know how many of those 290 were actually GT and how much that is from the total GTs made.

PharmilyMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Pharmacist
Country flag
Cool. Maybe a sleeping dog but did you look up your VIN here?

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

I'd be interested to know if your car appears in this database. Mine did, even though it was missing from both the NHTSA and the Ford recall databases. This lead my dealership to incorrectly tell me the car was not included and then reverse themselves the next day.
Yes, it shows up as part of the recall at that link. No word from the dealership today either. I suppose it’s moot at this point now that the software fix is out.

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium RWD ER
Country flag
Yes, it shows up as part of the recall at that link. No word from the dealership today either. I suppose it’s moot at this point now that the software fix is out.
Wow I hope so on your account and on account of the dealership. They could get themselves in serious hot water with Ford.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It appears to be the GTs are affected the most, I am interested to know how many of those 290 were actually GT and how much that is from the total GTs made.
Very good question, particularly since we both have GTs! I don't know how to get either of the numbers needed to figure out what percentage of GTs failed. But since many people have stated that GTs failed at a significantly higher rate, and they make up a relatively small percentage of all MMEs, it must be rather high.

clsmooths

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT performance & Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Assistant manager
Country flag
Picked up the Pony today....would of been 2 weeks this Monday since delivered to the dealership. Ordered 12/04...built 05/19. Named her Ginuwine.
An absolutely amazing car...a beaut & a beast!!

20220630_200619.jpg

20220630_200610.jpg

20220630_141104.jpg