reirey

First Name
Reina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Picked up the Pony today....would of been 2 weeks this Monday since delivered to the dealership. Ordered 12/04...built 05/19. Named her Ginuwine.
An absolutely amazing car...a beaut & a beast!!
Congrats! I also named my MME Ginuwine! 😄
Sponsored

Scath

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Anyone had any luck in Canada? Mine was part of the Stop Sale and so far nothing from the dealership.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Well, I now have a banner in FordPass saying that I have a recall. But when I click on it, it takes me to the Ford recall website that says my car doesn’t have any recalls. I’m sure that won’t confuse anyone. :rolleyes:

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Well, I now have a banner in FordPass saying that I have a recall. But when I click on it, it takes me to the Ford recall website that says my car doesn’t have any recalls. I’m sure that won’t confuse anyone. :rolleyes:
Haha I just checked and do as well! Fingers crossed the dealer clears it properly!

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I would like to do a snarky satirical speculation post in response to this but I’m afraid that it will turn this into a 300 page thread of actual speculation, name calling, and probably threats to my life.

😅

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just got the banner this evening after I picked up my car from the dealership and they told me they can’t update recall software since their are server issues from Ford

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I don't see it mentioned in this thread but as posted elsewhere I received the OTA Recall fix last night. No issues, smooth driving today.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
I had the same message last night.

Today, my FordPass app updated to ver 4.18.0. (android)

I had not done a reboot of my phone in over a month so I powered it down. When it came back up and I checked the FordPass app again, the recall notice for the contactor recall is listed.

Now I want to see if all the updates to get my OTA updates is really working. Just wondering how long it will be before the software gets queued up for my car?

Jim

Jim622

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
District service manager with 50 plus years in the field
Country flag
I just got the recall notice too. Is there any way to figure out when the OTA fix is coming? I don't have a lot of faith in my local dealer. After the rotated my tires, I found torq from 80 to 120 ftlbs when the spec is 150.

MadLaserist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD ER Space White
Country flag
Is it 655 or 65536? (CarScanner might truncate the number depending on how your display is configured)

65536 is 2^16, aka a 16-bit integer. CarScanner uses 16-bit integers to display amps, and it might default to the largest value if it sees something that's out of range (either too small or too large). Either way, if it's consistently hitting 2^16, I'm willing to bet it's not actually that many amps.
Sorry been away awhile. It was 655 both times. It did it 2 of the 4 charging sessions that day. Just made me wonder if a contactor was slow to open after the voltage began to drop.
Did the 2200 mile round trip in june with only 2 finicky EA chargers the entire way. I would upload the carscanner files but can't seem to get them out in a readable way. 1 file is 34MB, guess is should not have tried to record in 1 full session.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
Looking at NHTSA 22V412, I get the complaint many of us have that the SW fix is not a fix, does not address the faulty part, and really puts a band-aid on poor part design and quality.

Description of the Defect :Direct Current (“DC”) fast charging and repeated wide open pedal events can cause the high voltage battery main contactors to overheat. Overheating may lead to arcing and deformation of the electrical contact surfaces, which can result in a contactor that remains open or a contactor that welds closed.
Description of the Safety Risk :An overheated contactor that opens while driving can result in a loss of motive power, which can increase the risk of an accident.
Description of the Cause :The design and part-to-part variation of the high voltage battery main contactor is not robust to the heat generated during DC fast charging and multiple wide open pedal events.
Identification of Any Warning that can Occur :If the contactor opens while driving, a powertrain malfunction warning light will be illuminated and the vehicle will display “Stop Safely Now’ in the cluster when the vehicle experiences an immediate loss of motive power. Should the contactors weld closed while driving, a powertrain malfunction warning light will be illuminated on the next drive cycle, along with a no start condition.
Sponsored