Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I keep wondering when I will get the OTA update for this. Seems like Ford is waiting a long time to roll it out to some of us.
Finally got it yesterday:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] 1665663398910

I am completely surprised by how long it took to get this "safety recall" update. Since the recall notice said you have the option to just wait for the OTA update for this, I thought it was helpful to not waste a Ford dealership's time on something that can be done automatically. Since it appears that the OTA update for this has been going out since around July 8th, I'll pin the time to get to me at around 3 months.

Couple of things to note from the update:
1. It turned off 1-pedal drive, which I think has been noted in a few updates. It was definitely a little surprising when the car didn't slow down at first!
2. I keep my drive mode in Unbridled and this update switched me to Engage. I tried to switch to Unbridled and it stayed there for maybe 5 seconds before automatically switching back to Engage. I tried to go to Unbridled several times all with the same result of switching me back to Engage. I even turned off the car and back on and it still wouldn't stay in Unbridled. Finally, I decided to try Whisper mode to see what switching to that would do. It stayed in Whisper mode. So then I tried Unbridled again and it finally would stay in Unbridled.

I am glad to finally have it. Unlike some people, who changed they way they drove when the recall notice came out, I never changed the way I drove during the time between the notice and when I got the update. The car has been perfectly fine during this wait period. I've continued to take it on trips (4-ish hours away) during the wait period. All good so far. (I'll probably get the SSN message now that I've said "all good".)

I still love the car.
Sponsored

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Finally got it yesterday:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] 1665663398910

I am completely surprised by how long it took to get this "safety recall" update. Since the recall notice said you have the option to just wait for the OTA update for this, I thought it was helpful to not waste a Ford dealership's time on something that can be done automatically. Since it appears that the OTA update for this has been going out since around July 8th, I'll pin the time to get to me at around 3 months.

Couple of things to note from the update:
1. It turned off 1-pedal drive, which I think has been noted in a few updates. It was definitely a little surprising when the car didn't slow down at first!
2. I keep my drive mode in Unbridled and this update switched me to Engage. I tried to switch to Unbridled and it stayed there for maybe 5 seconds before automatically switching back to Engage. I tried to go to Unbridled several times all with the same result of switching me back to Engage. I even turned off the car and back on and it still wouldn't stay in Unbridled. Finally, I decided to try Whisper mode to see what switching to that would do. It stayed in Whisper mode. So then I tried Unbridled again and it finally would stay in Unbridled.

I am glad to finally have it. Unlike some people, who changed they way they drove when the recall notice came out, I never changed the way I drove during the time between the notice and when I got the update. The car has been perfectly fine during this wait period. I've continued to take it on trips (4-ish hours away) during the wait period. All good so far. (I'll probably get the SSN message now that I've said "all good".)

I still love the car.
Yeah, Ford has been doing a pretty piss poor job of hiding the fact this recall OTA rollout is being implemented as slowly as possible. Wouldn't want to spend all that money on new HVBJB's all at once! We'll get you Alexa instead!

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I'm super confused. My build is after the recall, June 2022, the car was never in the recall list. Two days ago I got this notice. It sounds wrong. Should I let it proceed?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] Screenshot_20221020-193432_FordPass

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm super confused. My build is after the recall, June 2022, the car was never in the recall list. Two days ago I got this notice. It sounds wrong. Should I let it proceed?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] Screenshot_20221020-193432_FordPass
Everyone will eventually have that software on their vehicle to allow further updates to build on a common base. It doesn't mean your vehicle has an issue. It also includes other things besides what is listed, that's just the main content

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Could also have advanced diagnostics, so even though you have the new part, you also have more robust software detection

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Everyone will eventually have that software on their vehicle to allow further updates to build on a common base. It doesn't mean your vehicle has an issue. It also includes other things besides what is listed, that's just the main content
Got it. I guess I just assumed that cars built after the recall date would have both the biffier part and the new software. I guess it was just the former.
Thank you, I will let the update proceed.
Btw, it's OTA party in my car right now. In 10 days, 3.5.3.3, 3.5 4, and now the recall.

schorzy21

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
Occupation
Health Care
Country flag
Got it. I guess I just assumed that cars built after the recall date would have both the biffier part and the new software. I guess it was just the former.
Thank you, I will let the update proceed.
Btw, it's OTA party in my car right now. In 10 days, 3.5.3.3, 3.5 4, and now the recall.
Yeah my GT was built about a week after yours and I had the same reaction initially too. My update came last week, and everything has been fine after install.

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
Got the Powertrain Malfunction today. March 2022 build GT-PE with 4400 miles. Recall was completed OTA (confirmed last week at the Dealer). Has never been DC Fast Charged, only L2 40 amp at home.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Got the Powertrain Malfunction today. March 2022 build GT-PE with 4400 miles. Recall was completed OTA (confirmed last week at the Dealer). Has never been DC Fast Charged, only L2 40 amp at home.

The OTA 'recall' is not the fix, it's just the more polite Alert.....
you should head to your Dealership ASAP, get them to pull the DTC and order your replacement HVBJB thru their 'COPIS' process.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
First time poster, so bear with me. I finally installed my Ford Connected Charge Station into my garage 2 days ago. Charged up my car with it, and then took the car out for a ride to meet some friends up. On the drive I got a prompt on my overhead dash monitor saying "Service Vehicle Soon" and then noticed my power was throttled back to the point the little bar under the range notification had half of the power use grayed out and unable to surpass it. I called my Ford dealer I picked up my car from to ask if I could bring it in at some point in the day to have them look at the problem. The woman who answered the phone didn't seem to know what I was talking about and told me I would have to wait for an appointment that wouldn't be able to be done until over 2 weeks from the day of me calling. I doubt I can keep driving this thing, even if it is only a 10 minute commute, to and from work til then. Rental car fees for at least up to the day of the appointment are looking to be $1500+ for the cheapest option. Is any of this normal?
you should head to your Dealership ASAP, get them to pull the DTC and order your replacement HVBJB thru their 'COPIS' process.

if your Dealership is unfamiliar, send a PM to @Ford Motor Company and ask that they set you up with a BEV case manager to instruct your Dealership how to expedite.... or find the nearest Dealership that HAS handled a HVBJB replacement

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag

if your Dealership is unfamiliar, send a PM to @Ford Motor Company and ask that they set you up with a BEV case manager to instruct your Dealership how to expedite.... or find the nearest Dealership that HAS handled a HVBJB replacement
Just returned from the Dealer. They are familiar with the issue. They have another car there now with the same failure. They ordered the part last Wednesday and it is scheduled to arrive this Friday. Based on that they expect my downtime to be about 2 weeks.

Ramystein

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Package
Country flag
I got my car back after 2 weeks of it sitting at the dealership with this issue and drove it home no issue. Did some chores around the house and when I went to make a run to the store, within no more than 5 minutes driving down the road, the same on dash notifications popped up, minus the throttling back of the issue. Brought it back to the dealer the next morning and they said they found a fault popping up and would let me know asap what the issue is. Been trying my best at waiting patiently for a reply as to what the issue is/when I can get my car back for the past 4 days now.... This is upsetting to say the least.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I got my car back after 2 weeks of it sitting at the dealership with this issue and drove it home no issue. Did some chores around the house and when I went to make a run to the store, within no more than 5 minutes driving down the road, the same on dash notifications popped up, minus the throttling back of the issue. Brought it back to the dealer the next morning and they said they found a fault popping up and would let me know asap what the issue is. Been trying my best at waiting patiently for a reply as to what the issue is/when I can get my car back for the past 4 days now.... This is upsetting to say the least.
If you got the SVS Alert.... resetting the DTC codes won't fix the issue.
I would suggest you print a copy of the TSB 22-2178 and bring it in with you. Make sure the Dealership orders the part via COPIS channel.

Attachments

Ramystein

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Package
Country flag
If you got the SVS Alert.... resetting the DTC codes won't fix the issue.
I would suggest you print a copy of the TSB 22-2178 and bring it in with you. Make sure the Dealership orders the part via COPIS channel.
Oh, they did all the labor to fix the issue. It took almost 2 weeks for the parts to come in. No clue what this new issue is about.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Oh, they did all the labor to fix the issue. It took almost 2 weeks for the parts to come in. No clue what this new issue is about.
what Alert pops up on screen?
sounds like the need to pull the DTC to see what they missed.

There have been a couple dealerships that haven't re-filled the battery coolant loop correctly after replacing the HVBJB.... and I think I remember reading about a few others that didn't update the BECM module at the end.
Sponsored