Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE (sold after 2mo - suspension sucks!)
Country flag

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I just realized: Q3 starts on July 1. It's already June 13. Maybe my Mach-E nearly to my dealer will be allowed to be delivered relatively soon? {Jonathan}
It will all depend on if parts are necessary, too. That's what generally causes the delay. If it ends up being software updates, they'd be able to knock them out pretty quickly, assuming THOSE software updates are nice and clean with no hang ups.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
You could be completely right, but truth is, we really don't know.

Obviously more current = more heat, so a GT would seem to be particularly vulnerable, but contactors are rated for current, and I'm sure the Ford engineering team would not be stupid enough to mass produce a car with an under-specced contactor for the HVB. I'm also sure they'd run stress tests where the motor was drawing full power from the HVB for an extended period of time.
You're 100% right we don't fully know but I have gathered a lot of information for me to make an educated guess. I have been told that the # of impacted GTs compared to any other trim including EX4 is staggering. Like not even close. Good news is you're unlikely to have an issue.

As to the last part...very bold of you to assume the engineering team didn't under spec a part.....or didn't test it well enough...the engineering and production process is a bear and sometimes shit happens so to speak.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
We are not sure if sw is enough. It might also require a replacement part.
I'm pretty sure according to the bulletin some if not all affected VINs will need a replacement part. MY guess is only GTs will actually need a replacement part but who knows it is way too early to know. They may put it in all extended range...or all vehicles in general.

texas.2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40
Country flag
Sad to hear this for everyone who has been waiting and will now have their delivery pushed back (I'm still waiting on a production date), but is likely good news for those of us with early 2022 orders as this decreases the chance that Ford could cross the 200,000 vehicle threshold in Q2 for tax credit purposes. So it seems highly likely now that the full $7,500 tax credit will be in effect through the rest of 2022.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I'm pretty sure according to the bulletin some if not all affected VINs will need a replacement part. MY guess is only GTs will actually need a replacement part but who knows it is way too early to know. They may put it in all extended range...or all vehicles in general.
The bulletin subject line says software, but the body says "A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers in the 3rd quarter of 2022 when it is anticipated that software and/or parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this safety recall." [emphasis added]

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
You're 100% right we don't fully know but I have gathered a lot of information for me to make an educated guess. I have been told that the # of impacted GTs compared to any other trim including EX4 is staggering. Like not even close. Good news is you're unlikely to have an issue.

As to the last part...very bold of you to assume the engineering team didn't under spec a part.....or didn't test it well enough...the engineering and production process is a bear and sometimes shit happens so to speak.
That is interesting. If that's correct about the GT #'s then you are probably right.

Also, I can tell you this - if I underspecced a part like that at work I would expect my butt to be chewed out royally.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
In the affected vehicles, it is possible that the high voltage battery main contacts may overheat, which can result in an open contact or welding condition.

Well Crap, now EVERY Mach E will have the GT 5 Second Rule...

Meaning, the GT has a 5 second rule because the battery might overheat. So now the Software fix is to limit the car to 5 second 'runs' to prevent overheating?

Or will it turn the A/C battery pre-cooling fans on every 5 seconds if you are going 'too fast'

/yay

jeffvick2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 TSX, 2017 Civic, MACHE GT grabber blue
Occupation
CPA
Country flag
I have a GT on order with no production date. I would assume this would imply that GT's built in the future would be delivered "fixed"?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I have a GT on order with no production date. I would assume this would imply that GT's built in the future would be delivered "fixed"?
Built may 25th or later appear to have been “fixed”.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
So what would be your educated guess for those of us who have had OTA 2.4.2 or CSP 21P22 that has updated the SOBDMC and BECM code already (not on the original factory code anymore)? Less likely to have this issue in those cases?
If cars in transit are recalled no previous software update resolved this. I think based on the new part numbers that the newest builds still in factory are getting a revised part.
Sponsored

Last edited: