SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
What do you mean here? Mine was built... May 25th (lol)
If this is true, that's great news for everyone because it means that a solution exists and Ford just needs to figure out how to implement it for existing vehicles. You should definitely check your VIN when able.
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow. Every one ever made. Software update.
Good news for the Job2 folks complaining about not getting any updates. :)

I wonder if this is the reason the Bluecruise updates stopped/paused. They may have gone to all-stop to figure this new problem out.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That rumbling sound you just heard is Driveway and Carvana shitting themselves.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but they can still sell the cars under recall. The Bolt was a special circumstance - no MachE's have burnt someone's house down yet.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Skys falling?
Not, drive on.
Feb 2021 first edition here, and the car is driving and running fine. For those that want to park it in the corner of their house or far away completely acceptable. However like any technical service bulletin or recall I'm sure it'll be taken care of. I plan on going on around our traffic circle and hanging the rear end out to commemorate this moment.

benzapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
5A692E3B-FBD1-454C-964E-B860C012BCF6.jpeg

So, this means I’m theoretically in the clear, right?

I haven’t even taken delivery yet and a delay to Q3 would be very frustrating!
Not to discount your frustration, but your car was built at the end of May and it's already been shipped?!? Wow. Just be glad you weren't in an early January build group, when you would have waited two-plus months on a chip hold and then another month or two to be put on a train. For some of us, a delay to Q3 will make it more than a full year of waiting.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I wonder how they determine the "certain" vehicles affected?

Sounds like it's probably all. Hmm.
It could be based on supply from specific manufacturers, the part could be from various manufacturers and only one supplied the affected parts.

I am very happy my car arrived almost four weeks before the expected delivery date of 6/26~6/29 or else I would not have a vehicle to drive right now. At least if it is affected I can always get a loaner on Fords dime.
Hopefully it won't affect me but I am prepared if it does.

Tony

CDanville

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Ordered the Car in July 2021. Today got a call from the dealer - got some good news and some bad news. The car got delivered today to the dealer but there is a recall.... He said they will keep me informed. Trying to look on the good side at least the problem will be fixed before I get the car.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
5A692E3B-FBD1-454C-964E-B860C012BCF6.jpeg

So, this means I’m theoretically in the clear, right?

I haven’t even taken delivery yet and a delay to Q3 would be very frustrating!
You should check your VIN and report back. If you aren't affected then it means they have a solution, which is good news.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I wonder if this will also address the ongoing job 1 remote frunk release issue 😀
Priorities Jim. Frunk first. I'll limp along the backroads of Hawaii in whisper mode at 15 mph below the speed limits, happy to charge on 110 only if it gets me the frunk first. ;)

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
My guess is they will handle this like the GM Bolt recall. First with a temporary software fix that limits power applied to all cars via OTA or dealer, then eventually with a replacement part and software update that restores full power after the replacement.

It will probably be quite a few months before all Mach-E’s are able to have their HVBJBs replaced. We will all be in for a wait…

Last edited:

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but they can still sell the cars under recall. The Bolt was a special circumstance - no MachE's have burnt someone's house down yet.
Yes, they can sell them. And every one on the used market may have just become more valuable if people don't want to wait for a new one and the individual car isn't affected by the recall.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Yes, they can sell them. And every one on the used market may have just become more valuable if people don't want to wait for a new one and the individual car isn't affected by the recall.
PLEASE NOTE:
Federal law requires dealers to complete this recall service before a new vehicle is
delivered to the buyer or lessee. Violation of this requirement by a dealer could result in
a civil penalty of up to $21,000 per vehicle. Correct all vehicles in your new vehicle
inventory prior to delivery.

from the recall memo
Sponsored