First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e
Country flag
M
Yes, they can sell them. And every one on the used market may have just become more valuable if people don't want to wait for a new one and the individual car isn't affected by the recall.
I was unable to take my car from the dealership. It is a stop sale recall.
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
PLEASE NOTE:
Federal law requires dealers to complete this recall service before a new vehicle is
delivered to the buyer or lessee. Violation of this requirement by a dealer could result in
a civil penalty of up to $21,000 per vehicle. Correct all vehicles in your new vehicle
inventory prior to delivery.

from the recall memo
Key word: new.

joely

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 MME Prem ER AWD DMG on order
Country flag
If this is true, that's great news for everyone because it means that a solution exists and Ford just needs to figure out how to implement it for existing vehicles. You should definitely check your VIN when able.
I went back and checked and mine was in production longer than usual. I wonder if they were figuring out how to implement the fix then.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
If only someone had a fully updated 2021 for sale...

blahmeh14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
You should check your VIN and report back. If you aren't affected then it means they have a solution, which is good news.
Another forum member was kind enough to check my VIN for me and confirm that it was not a part of this recall. With a build date of the 25th, it looks like I did indeed beat it by a day!

EDIT: removed name

Last edited:

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag
5/25 build gang here. I'm hoping I managed to escape this one. I also ran my VIN on the Ford recall website and came out green. I'm not sure if that means anything though since the VIN list has not been made available yet.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
M
I was unable to take my car from the dealership. It is a stop sale recall.
We're talking about second hand dealers
@breeves002 was kind enough to check my VIN for me and confirm that it was not a part of this recall. With a build date of the 25th, it looks like I did indeed beat it by a day!
Great news. Cheers.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
In the affected vehicles, it is possible that the high voltage battery main contacts may overheat, which can result in an open contact or welding condition.

Well Crap, now EVERY Mach E will have the GT 5 Second Rule...

Meaning, the GT has a 5 second rule because the battery might overheat. So now the Software fix is to limit the car to 5 second 'runs' to prevent overheating?

Or will it turn the A/C battery pre-cooling fans on every 5 seconds if you are going 'too fast'

/yay
no, the GT's will get a 2 second rule :)

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
So my GT had its HVJB replaced about 2 months ago (Stop Safely Now) and with new one I got a couple of Powertrain Malfunction messages recently, so most likely the replacement HVBJB is also affected :rolleyes:

The message appeared twice and had not shown after that, scheduled for dealer check and sw update this week, sounds like they wont be able to "fix" this until whatever the solution to the recall comes in...

Guess that is part of owning a first generation build! :(

Last edited:

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
i wonder if rwd sr would just need software fix. haven't seen any with the problem
Warning... this response is speculation... o_O

I did notice in the database of failures that GT's are way over represented followed by ER AWD cars. I didn't see any RWD SR cars on the list... could be I missed them or it could be because forum types don't buy that trim, the forum list doesn't have them... or it could be that SR RWD cars don't have this malady... at least as often.

I also noticed that in the post on the new HVBJB new parts list, the SR RWD part remained unchanged. The GT's and AWD cars did. Sooo no new parts in the parts list for SR RWD cars.

I take both of these non-representative observations to rationalize that my SR RWD car will get nothing more than a SW update.

Why SW? who knows... but even very brief relay chatter under load can be catastrophic

End of Speculation Warning... o_O

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
I’ve got a select AWD standard and am not in scope per ford pass chat. (Though there is some PAAK recall I wasn’t aware of listed….)

Reactions: SWO

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What happens since this happened to me, and I had mine replaced with a HVJB that was built before the cutoff date? 😆

mache_AZ

First Name
vinay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
machee
Country flag
5/25 build gang here. I'm hoping I managed to escape this one. I also ran my VIN on the Ford recall website and came out green. I'm not sure if that means anything though since the VIN list has not been made available yet.
Dont go completely off the ford recall website.
Mine built on 5/2 the website said green no recalls but the ford chat said i have that recall
Sponsored