FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
So all those scummy dealers betting on getting high ADM prices on now recalled cars, are stopped from selling them. They can’t sell them at all for now. And the stock market continues to crash, interest rates are definitely going up. A U.S. recession is coming and layoffs are going to scare off some % of buyers. Those dealers might regret not taking MSRP or $1k ADM vs greedily holding out for $10K.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If I typed my VIN into the Ford Recalls page and it says no recalls am I safe? Or could it be under the recall/stop sale order but not be showing up yet? I can't load the tracker to check for some reason, but if I remember correctly my build began 5/23, I got the email saying it was finished being built on 5/25.

I would be deeply distressed if I was unable to pick up my car when it's delivered in a few weeks, as I am currently borrowing a car from family lol.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] Screenshot_20220613-211149_Kiwi Browser

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
So all those scummy dealers betting on getting high ADM prices on now recalled cars, are stopped from selling them. They can’t sell them at all for now. And the stock market continues to crash, interest rates are definitely going up. A U.S. recession is coming and layoffs are going to scare off some % of buyers. Those dealers might regret not taking MSRP or $1k ADM vs greedily holding out for $10K.
Indeed.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Nothing a little extra contact grease cannot fix right?

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I wonder if this will also address the ongoing job 1 remote frunk release issue 😀
How did you know this was a HVBJB related issue?
:p

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Priorities Jim. Frunk first. I'll limp along the backroads of Hawaii in whisper mode at 15 mph below the speed limits, happy to charge on 110 only if it gets me the frunk first. ;)
That pineapple juice getting to ya?

Johnny572

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT performance
Country flag
My 2022 CA Route-1 that I was supposed to take delivery this weekend is also confirmed by Ford Chat to be affected by Safety Recall 22S41. Terrible news
Ford chat? Can you send me the link? Thanks!

jimitoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Acuras (MDX, TL), 2022 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Shepherd
Country flag
I haven't seen this question and maybe nobody knows the answer but here goes: can I pay for the car to lock in the $7500 federal tax credit and my state incentives when it arrives at the dealer (assuming my car's shipping progress continues as it is in-transit)?

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I haven't seen this question and maybe nobody knows the answer but here goes: can I pay for the car to lock in the $7500 federal tax credit and my state incentives when it arrives at the dealer (assuming my car's shipping progress continues as it is in-transit)?
I would say no. I know with RVs if there’s a safety recall, legally, we aren’t allowed to do paperwork. The good news is this will slow down the progress to 200k plus it shouldn’t matter because they can deliver as many as they want in the quarter they hit 200k and the quarter after.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
No - under federal law they can not sell you a "new" car under a safety recall order and you can't purchase a car when in transit because the dealer can't transfer a title when they don't have possession of it or the car.

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
This is just a galaxy brain move from Ford to get more tax credits for F-150 buyers until the 200k threshold is hit, then sell thousands of backlogged Mach-Es before the credit phases out.
Ford is going to sell every EV they can make for the foreseeable future. Why would they care who gets the credit when it can’t affect their sales?
Sponsored