silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Imagine how long it is going to take for the dealers to get even a small percentage of these done once the fix is out. As it is, they are overbooked and take a whole day just to do a couple of software updates. What a mess... I wish we knew what percentage of all the ME's may be affected.
It takes the better part of a day for the service tech to drop the pack and replace these parts. The throughput for repair work is going to be agonizingly slow.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
There will be very detailed instructions sent out about how to perform this procedure. Not that there aren't already in the workshop manual but there will be more created
We know how they love to read instructions. Hopefully some FSE visits will happen

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
It takes the better part of a day for the service tech to drop the pack and replace these parts. The throughput for repair work is going to be agonizingly slow.
I remember people being concerned that the Bolt battery recall was going to take years, but those started moving along fairly quickly and seem to be proceeding at a good place. For sure, parts supply and staffing issues are very different now, but I think it's reasonable to hope that this will happen in a (sorta) timely fashion, even though it is a pretty big procedure.

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
I was able to plug my vin into the FORDEtis site. Looks like my Premium Extended AWD is included.
I see my recall on this weird Ford ETIS site, which threw up many browser security flags. The regular Ford recall site shows no recall; classic horrible Ford systems. How is this not EV Public News yet? This is bigger EV news than usual; this is not a minor recall on a minor item ... in my opinion.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
same here (GT). But I wonder if 100% of us are there till they figure this out further...
It seems pretty clear to me that initially 100% of the vehicles produced in that period (i.e. nearly all Mach-Es) will be listed. Then, if in fact it's not hardware-dependent but software dependent, they will weed out the ones that may not be affected.

People calling dealerships, contacting Ford via phone and chat are simply wasting their time and other people's time. Until it's further refined, or more info comes out, there is simply nothing to do. This is one of the great failings of social media - great that you learn of things, but then people waste huge amounts of time basically playing with themselves.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
My 2021 Select AWD (June build) is affected.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Well Shoot - I just found this thread. Our VIN (GT) shows up with the recall on FORDEtis.

We have a family road trip / vacation to Canada (around 800 miles total) coming up at the end of this month and were planning to take our Mach-e. We have ICE vehicles, but they would add hundreds in fuel costs to the trip. Our GT has been awesome ever since we got it, but now I am nervous.

Should we take it? We have had 0 issues in 8000 miles so far and apparently it has had this issue the whole time.....

Alternative vehicle would be an F150 Raptor that gets ~16mpg on the highway. I really can't wait for my Lightning to get here.

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
I was able to plug my vin into the FORDEtis site. Looks like my Premium Extended AWD is included.
I have the same car but a 2021, not showing up as a recall yet anyway

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In the first post it says:

NOTE: NOT ALL VEHICLES ARE AFFECTED NECESSARILY. VIN lists will be distributed when the time comes. Please be patient. Just know Ford has recognized this problem exists and it is a safety related issue. No action should be done at this time from any Mach E owner.

reading_is_fundamental__6_8.jpg

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Should we take it? We have had 0 issues in 8000 miles so far and apparently it has had this issue the whole time.....
You don't know that, no one knows that, no details yet on what is the issue, they just blanket covered all Mach-Es pending more information.