breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
McKenna, with your experience in selling vehicles - I know it's not cars, but still under the NHTSA, how long until this does become a full-blown recall with all the visibility and pressure on Ford to fix things?
This is a "full blown recall" at this point. There just isn't a fix yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Um, considering that I already got a letter in the mail about it...it already *is* a recall.
You sure you got a letter in the mail for 22S41? It was just released and there has been no customer notification yet. Different recall/CSP?

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m literally the most unlucky person on earth. I booked tickets for a vacation trip knowing that the car would arrive next weekend. I was to pick it up tomorrow as it came early a week, dealer called me telling me that my car is affected and can not sell it anymore until it’s fixed. A first estimate would be August - September.

I think we should at least get some kind of refund from Ford. This is unbelievably disturbing as I have vacation planned at that point and no one can guarantee that the dealer will keep the car on his lot until Im back and obviously I’m not canceling my overseas trip.

long story short we should organize and do something about it. We bought the 2021 car and will be delivered in almost more than a year.
Omg that’s a worst case scenario:( I would fully get the dealer to agree not to sell your car and use the words “attorney” and “public relations nightmare”, maybe they’ll get the point. Good luck. Hope the dealer is an ethical one.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
You sure you got a letter in the mail for 22S41? It was just released and there has been no customer notification yet. Different recall/CSP?
LOL! You're right...sorry for the additional hysteria.

NVM move along....

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
What makes you think Ford doesn’t have engineers working on this around the clock atm? Cars are complicated. Identifying the cause and solution will take time. Whether or not we like it.
This is true, we don't know how many people are working on this issue, but them saying "Q3" for this fix (or even just more info) instead of narrowing it down to less than 3 whole months isn't confidence inspiring.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Incorrect
I guess I should rephrase. There is a fix but it isn't available yet. Except maybe for vehicles that have actually broken (mine for one). I guess the point is for most people here right now there may as well not be a fix because they can't get it yet. I'm just trying to avoid people bombarding dealers wanting to get the recall done when they can't yet.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Do you have a physical letter in the mail? what is the postmark date?
Nope, sorry...just got a different one...

NVM move along..

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Just my opinion and not based off any facts, but I think it’s every damn car before 5/25. I think it sounds way better to say “maybe only some cars” than every MME ever built is going to have a recall! From a PR standpoint which sounds better?
Oh, I figured it's a legal issue, not a marketing spin issue :)

Though yeah, maybe 1 test car didnt get impacted so they can spin it that way?

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag