SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
Well - they could fix it by making the 5 second limit a 0 second limit....
That's more likely, honestly, and why I'm concerned this is a "software" fix. If contactors are getting welded shut, you have to assume it's a heat-related issue. The only way (I can think of) that software is fixing it is throttling either charging or performance or both.
Sponsored

pnrmurph

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
Your link is fake news (read the rest before you roll your eyes and block me lol). They say CNBC was the first to report this recall. I disagree. It was reported here like 12 hours before CNBC reported it 😜

In all seriousness, I hope that all it takes is a software update. I'm itching for my car!
Yes it wasn't CNBC, it was me I tell you! I got the scoop first. Even though I am supposed to be getting a story on that "spider man menace" or the boss will get mad.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] 1655228798365

lol

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Thanks for sharing this article - very helpful details:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] 1655228798365
So you can take it to a dealer to get the software fix right away.

Not a good look for Fords software update ambitions if it takes a month to deploy the OTA...

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag

Not a good look for Fords software update ambitions if it takes a month to deploy the OTA...
That is assuming the Verge has the correct information. It could also mean that it will be delivered OTA, or, once it is available, you can go to your dealer to get it.

Has anyone tried contacting their dealer yet to set up an appointment?

pnrmurph

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mazda CX-5, 2022 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag

I say let them get the software update right and properly regression tested. If I can pick up my car that is now sitting at the dealer next month then I will be fairly happy about only a few week additional wait. Not going to hold my breath though.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag

according to some guy on the internet. There's no way there is a fix available today.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I'm sure there is a War Room set up at Ford for this issue, and there are lots of folks working on the logistics.

Gunrunner

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT and 2022 Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Education
Country flag
Anyone with an affected VIN that hasn't taken delivery of their car yet...I'm sorry but if it was built before May 24th you won't be able to until at least Q3.
My Mach E Premium had a build week of May 30, 2022 and it is sitting "In production" right now. I was waiting for it to switch to "built". Does this mean I am SOL and my car will be built but sit for months or am I in the clear? I would like to sell my current 2017 Volt while the market is good but don't want to let it go if my car won't show for months. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Dang, just met with my dealer today to get an appraisal on my Polestar 2 since my car is in Richmond, CA (the local distribution point). Just was told about this recall ugh. Hopefully the update is ready to go and it doesn't delay delivery to the dealer too much.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That is assuming the Verge has the correct information. It could also mean that it will be delivered OTA, or, once it is available, you can go to your dealer to get it.

Has anyone tried contacting their dealer yet to set up an appointment?
I sent the service manager a note that I was aware of the update, and would bring it in whenever he was ready to apply it, for both cars.

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
The No. 2 U.S. automaker said DC fast charging and repeated wide open pedal events can cause the high voltage battery main contactors to overheat
There are so few details here that I'm reduced to parsing wording, but it would be good to know if the phrase "DC fast charging and repeated wide open pedal events" means you need to do BOTH of these to get the problem to occur. It could also mean that EITHER of these behaviors separately cause the problem.

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
I'm sure there is a War Room set up at Ford for this issue, and there are lots of folks working on the logistics.
The only war room set up is for the PR people. I have no confidence in Ford as a modern organization. They will stumble through this with the minimum amount of transparency and hope for the best.
Sponsored