JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Yes it wasn't CNBC, it was me I tell you! I got the scoop first. Even though I am supposed to be getting a story on that "spider man menace" or the boss will get mad.

1655228798365.png

lol
I think I've discovered your source:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] secret source

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Additional details from Jalopnik:

The fix though is rather simple and involves a software update. From Ford: “The remedy for this program is a Secondary On-Board Diagnostic Control Module (SOBDMC) and Battery Energy Control Module (BECM) software update.” The company says the update could begin to roll out as early as next month.
I wonder if the fix involves monitoring the temperature or load on the junction box and adjusting behavior based on that.

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
There are so few details here that I'm reduced to parsing wording, but it would be good to know if the phrase "DC fast charging and repeated wide open pedal events" means you need to do BOTH of these to get the problem to occur. It could also mean that EITHER of these behaviors separately cause the problem.
Given we have a thread with reports of this problem on cars that have never DC Fast Charged, either seems like the case.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Additional details from Jalopnik:

I wonder if the fix involves monitoring the temperature or load on the junction box and adjusting behavior based on that.
I like their time window it goes back in time. May 27, 2020 - May 24, 2020 ! If only!! -3 days

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Anyone knows if cars sold in the EU are impacted?
I believe most if not all would be. Except for a newer plant in China, all Mach-e's were made in the Mexico plant.

cliophate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I believe most if not all would be. Except for a newer plant in China, all Mach-e's were made in the Mexico plant.
There seems to be no news so far in the European market. Kinda wonder how I am supposed to figure out if I am impacted or not?

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I’ve got a select AWD standard and am not in scope per ford pass chat. (Though there is some PAAK recall I wasn’t aware of listed….)
I called Ford Chat, and she said my ‘22 Select AWD built 04 May 2022 IS affected by the recall.

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
There are so few details here that I'm reduced to parsing wording, but it would be good to know if the phrase "DC fast charging and repeated wide open pedal events" means you need to do BOTH of these to get the problem to occur. It could also mean that EITHER of these behaviors separately cause the problem.
I had the HVBJB replaced and have never used DC Fast charging only L2 Charge at home

Now, about that open pedal do...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] openpedal

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Does anyone know if there's a fan or airflow component to the HVBJB? If so... then maybe it really IS just a software issue to better control the temperature and adjust thresholds

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
so @Ford Motor Company for those of us who had delivery THIS WEEK, what incentives can you give us for the headaches of having to wait possibly months now with our cars sitting on dealer lots rather than in our Driveways? Think we deserve some compensation don't you for this last minute situation!
Sponsored