RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Many of us have been waiting since July 2021 (there were problems moving us to the 2022). Also interest rates are going up....
If you ordered, your rates are locked as are your incentives. I ordered in May 2021 and picked it up in May 2022 and got my 0.9% for 4 years.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've had it happen already and there are no warning messages. I parked and came back and it was done.
That's what I meant about a "warning message". Guess it's more of a "death notice".

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I think we can say bye bye to any other run of the mill OTA's for the rest of the year while they push these out and watch for results..

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I asked the dealer this already and he said "Unfortunately, the APR is set on the month you take delivery"
The dealer is WRONG. If the rate was a PROMOTIONAL RATE, such as 0% or 0.9%, or if it was part of Ford Options, then it's locked at time of order with all the other incentives.

WSoxFan22

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E
Country flag
I asked the dealer this already and he said "Unfortunately, the APR is set on the month you take delivery"
Not true. I can send you my email from my dealer. Your dealer is either lying to you, or he doesn't know.

My dealer originally quoted me the current rates and I mentioned I'd seen the rate of order month honored elsewhere. He said the following:

Good Evening Erik,

You are correct. It took some digging…your vin is price protected to Nov 26, 2021 incentives. The Options APR is 2.7% with a $1000 rebate. I attached the eligibility sheet for you to reference.

Happy to send you the eligibility sheet if that helps you.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Question is how long will it take these dealerships to properly learn how to remove the battery and replace the parts.

For most dealerships it will be the first time dropping a battery out of an EV.
Honestly, the battery drop should be no problem at all. It’s a few bolts down each side an electrical connection and some coolant lines. Pretty much any experienced mechanic with high voltage safety training should have no issue doing that part. I don’t know what the rest of the fix entails but mechanically this shouldn’t be an issue. Software and rebalancing cells and calibration would be the part where EV specific experience is more needed.

Last edited:

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
Not true. I can send you my email from my dealer. Your dealer is either lying to you, or he doesn't know.

My dealer originally quoted me the current rates and I mentioned I'd seen the rate of order month honored elsewhere. He said the following:

Good Evening Erik,

You are correct. It took some digging…your vin is price protected to Nov 26, 2021 incentives. The Options APR is 2.7% with a $1000 rebate. I attached the eligibility sheet for you to reference.

Happy to send you the eligibility sheet if that helps you.
I alsor ordered late November 2021. And I had gotten 2.7% and $2k for the GT. So I hope that is right (I was thinking it was 1.4%, so when he told me 2.7% I assumed it was higher because of 'supposedly' taking delivery in June of 2022). Ok. So then when EVENTUALLY I get the recall fixed and I take delivery, even if its August or September of 2022 I should still get the same 2.7% and $2000. But if you can email the eligibility sheet, it would be good to have it just in case... thx!

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I think what you may be missing is that there are posters here with actual inside knowledge... I am glad they are here and that they participate... and they are not guessing like you and me.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Pretty certain the way this plays out is Ford "*HOPES* its a software issue. They will try a software fix that decreases the likelyhood of the *HARDWARE* issue. But at the end of the day this is a mechanical problem (exacerbated by software) that will cost a insane amount to fix all of them. So hail mary is the play. But in case it's not, they have bought themselves a few months to figure it out for sure.

my bet is that any software updates released OTA short term will be designed to reduce heat.... which means REDUCING performance or at least additive loads like motor current or long downhill mountain regen current plus A/C or a more conservative DCFC charge curve when ambient temp is over xxx.... etc.

HVBJB hardware replacement will be gated by parts availability, and probably done 'upon failure' until they have a stockpile of replacements ready.

The long term fix is beefier hardware (main contactors), hopefully plus some improved active cooling of the HVBJB enclosure.

WSoxFan22

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E
Country flag
I alsor ordered late November 2021. And I had gotten 2.7% and $2k for the GT. So I hope that is right (I was thinking it was 1.4%, so when he told me 2.7% I assumed it was higher because of 'supposedly' taking delivery in June of 2022). Ok. So then when EVENTUALLY I get the recall fixed and I take delivery, even if its August or September of 2022 I should still get the same 2.7% and $2000. But if you can email the eligibility sheet, it would be good to have it just in case... thx!
I think the GT rates were lower.

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
how will this affect cars that don’t have a prod date yet? Increase or further delay? I’m 4 months in and was expecting to receive a scheduled date soon for late Aug.

Will I be moved to 2023 models then?

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
The article on the Verge says Ford confirmed OTA fix or you can have your dealer screw up your car worse:

Ford says the problem can be fixed with an over-the-air software update, which will be issued “next month.” Mustang Mach-E owners can also take their vehicles to a Ford or Lincoln dealership for a more immediate software fix.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
The article on the Verge says Ford confirmed OTA fix or you can have your dealer screw up your car worse:

Ford says the problem can be fixed with an over-the-air software update, which will be issued “next month.” Mustang Mach-E owners can also take their vehicles to a Ford or Lincoln dealership for a more immediate software fix.
Yeah, but then the same spokesperson quoted in different articles says the remedy will "include" a software update but the notice says parts may also be needed.

"Ford expects to offer a solution for the problem in the third quarter, according to the bulletin. Mustang Mach-E owners will be notified via mail after repair instructions and parts ordering information have been provided to dealers.

Deep said the company’s remedy will include a software update to the vehicle’s “Secondary On-Board Diagnostic Control Module and Battery Energy Control Module.” It will be conducted remotely, or over-the-air. Customers also have the option of taking their vehicle to a Ford dealer."

Those on this forum with insider info have essentially confirmed a part will be need on at least extended range models or, at the very least, GTs.