samev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Really busy thread ...

Apologies if this has been addressed, but any tips on how to *not* drive the car in order to prevent this issue from surfacing while on the road?
Sponsored

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Really busy thread ...

Apologies if this has been addressed, but any tips on how to *not* drive the car in order to prevent this issue from surfacing while on the road?
Don't drive super aggressively/floor it all the time. Try to limit your DC fast charging. Don't floor it to the DC fast charge.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Sounds like this is fixable with software update. (Sorry if it's been said already, thread too long...)

As it's heat related, not stressing it (ie: flooring it, or hauling too much weight, etc) probably helps until fix is in place.

Mr67gta

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford, 1967 Mustang GTA, DMG 2022 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Really busy thread ...

Whisper mode and no more than half throttle;)

Last edited:

WSoxFan22

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E
Country flag
I ordered November 11, 2022 and I was told 2.99% APR for 60 months. The finance guy at the dealership didn't know anything about the options plan (and I'm still not sure if I'm eligible for it where I live - Indiana). May I see this eligibility sheet?
Same thing I told another poster. Let me get home and black out some personal info and I'll attach. This was just for options as that's what I requested from my dealer, but it applies to all APR and incentives. You'll even see that I get the same 1k discount that existed then as well.

Astro19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E select
Country flag
Current Year (2022)

QuarterStart Date (MM-DD-YYYY)End Date (MM-DD-YYYY)
Q101-01-202203-31-2022
Q204-01-202206-30-2022
Q307-01-202209-30-2022
Q410-01-202212-31-2022

There are also fiscal quarters that may not line up with the gregorian calander quarters, but I think Ford is referring to the above.

Of course when companies use timing in quarters or halves, I find it usally means the prodcuct, fix, update, etc. will be available the 2nd to last day of said quarter or half. šŸ˜’
My grandkids go to school for 9 months that is divided into quarters - does that help?
There are five yearly nickels in one yearly quarter.
Need more data. I'll put it into excel and get back to you.

WSoxFan22

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E
Country flag
I did an experiment on my way home from work this evening to test if I could make the car angry enough to fault my already replaced HVJB. Doesn't get too much stressyer for real world driving. Left work and gunned it around the corner, squealing tires as I went. Pushed the pedal to the floor and launched like a rocket off the on ramp. Spun the tires again as hard as I could making my next turn at the light a quarter mile down the road. As soon as finished rounding the corner I dropped the pedal to the floor again until I hit 90ish then let it settle back on its own down to 63. Rode at 63 for about 16 miles. Caught up to a person and floored it again to pass, and because I wanted to stress the car as much as I could I climbed up to around 85 as fast as she would get there then settled back to 63 for the rest of the ride home. Now she is plugged into a DC charger to put some juice back in for the rest of me week. And she is charging just fine and at the normal pace for the charger. So if this helps people to stop freaking the fuck out about riding the car gently and not driving it anywhere, take it from someone that drives this car almost as hard as I can on a daily basis, your car is probably just fine to continue driving like you normally would. Shit happens, recalls come out for ICE vehicles all the time. No one should have expected this car to be any different. Now stop worrying so damn much, wait for full details like sane people should, Ford will give full instructions on what to do and the problem will be fixed and we can move on to bigger and better things, like how the hell do I get bugs to stop hitting my windshield and my car in general! Stay clean damn it!
Recalls may happen, but having every car recalled and stop deliveries for people who have been waiting 6-12 months for their car certainly isn't nothing... or normal.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Recalls may happen, but having every car recalled and stop deliveries for people who have been waiting 6-12 months for their car certainly isn't nothing... or normal.
Huh. The first deliveries were held in Kansas City for a month or more while Ford went through them one by one. Snd that was after they had been waiting for 14+ months. Stuff happens. And atm, we donā€™t actually know which cars are actually affected. All of them? Some of them? Certain trim lines? The angst is palatable.

mjs020294

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I can see a lot of open orders being cancelled. It will erode consumer confidence. There will be a lot of people that will delay Mach E purchases until Ford iron out their mounting issues.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
And atm, we donā€™t actually know which cars are actually affected. All of them? Some of them? Certain trim lines?
Did someone pay attention to what trims people reporting the problem here in the forum have?

I'm trying to convince myself that the standard battery is less likely to overheat HVBJB

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Wide open throttle events and DC fast charging...so says Consumer Reports.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
... atm, we donā€™t actually know which cars are actually affected. All of them? Some of them? Certain trim lines? The angst is palatable.
Based on Ford's statement that 48,924 vehicles are involved, I think it's safe to assume that all cars sold in the US that were built prior to 5/24/22 are included in the recall. It is isn't actually quite all of them, it's gonna be really darn close. That of course does not necessarily mean that all, or even most, of those cars will need more than a software upgrade. From what I've seen in the dozens and dozens of posts I read on this topic (so far - obsessed? who me?), my guess is that all cars will need a software update and GTs will get a new HVBJB as well.

JeanneB

First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford MME GT
Occupation
finance manager
Country flag
So you can take it to a dealer to get the software fix right away.

Not a good look for Fords software update ambitions if it takes a month to deploy the OTA...
You canā€™t take it to the dealer right away because they donā€™t have the fix yet.
Sponsored