Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Don't drive super aggressively/floor it all the time. Try to limit your DC fast charging. Don't floor it to the DC fast charge.
Honestly, we should be counting our blessings, as there is no dictate that we park our cars outside or away from other cars like the Bolt battery fiasco. This is pretty mild in comparison.

Iwtsyb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e
Country flag
You are really insensitive, did you know that? šŸ˜‚
I paid the price. I was supposed to have my car in April, Thought I would be safe to sell and deliver my old car in May. Now its June 14th and when I went to pick it up my MME yesterday I could not take delivery due to the recall. I would be cautious about selling your car without an alternate form of transportation. The extra $1000 I got for the car has been consumed in car rentals and asking others for a car I can borrow for the day. If I had it to do over I would not sell my car till I had the MME in my driveway.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Based on Ford's statement that 48,924 vehicles are involved, I think it's safe to assume that all cars sold in the US that were built prior to 5/24/22 are included in the recall. It is isn't actually quite all of them, it's gonna be really darn close. That of course does not necessarily mean that all, or even most, of those cars will need more than a software upgrade. From what I've seen in the dozens and dozens of posts I read on this topic (so far - obsessed? who me?), my guess is that all cars will need a software update and GTs will get a new HVBJB as well.
Could be, and it certainly looks like it atm. Iā€™m personally not willing to engage in that speculation though. Iā€™ll wait for the official notice.

In the meantime Iā€™ll take a few precautions. Whisper mode, no 1pd, 110 volt charging only. Drive 25 mph below the speed limit, put a stopper on the accelerator pedal so it only goes to 1/3 of normal movement. Rebuild the garage so I donā€™t have to back in and the car could be towed out from either side, hire a flatbed tow truck and driver to follow me everywhere I go, never charge above 30%, rebadge the car to Tesla. You know, sensible things. :p

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Could be, and it certainly looks like it atm. Iā€™m personally not willing to engage in that speculation though. Iā€™ll wait for the official notice.

In the meantime Iā€™ll take a few precautions. Whisper mode, no 1pd, 110 volt charging only. Drive 25 mph below the speed limit, put a stopper on the accelerator pedal so it only goes to 1/3 of normal movement. Rebuild the garage so I donā€™t have to back in and the car could be towed out from either side, hire a flatbed tow truck and driver to follow me everywhere I go, never charge above 30%, rebadge the car to Tesla. You know, sensible things. :p
Sounds like a winning strategy for sure!

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag

I wouldn't go anywhere near that volcano with the car either. It could fail when the sucker is going to blow and then you really would be screwed! LOL

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Honestly, we should be counting our blessings, as there is no dictate that we park our cars outside or away from other cars like the Bolt battery fiasco. This is pretty mild in comparison.
Yet!

ToadStool

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
Anybody think this could be the exact reason why Ford put the 5-second limiter on full acceleration and yet still failed in some cases?

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Wide open throttle events and DC fast charging...so says Consumer Reports.
I had my HVBJB replaced a couple of months ago, and I have the throttle wide open multiple times a day, so I'd say this checks out. It's a bad day if it's not wide open at some point on my drive šŸ˜†

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I wouldn't go anywhere near that volcano with the car either. It could fail when the sucker is going to blow and then you really would be screwed! LOL
I should be safe, Madam Pele (the Hawaiian Volcano Goddess) is known to like Gin. Bombay Saphire Gin. (There's a story there involving a long-time owner of Volcano House). I like Bombay Saphire Gin. No worries. :rolleyes:

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
It appears this is a major critical failure... but ford built proper safety controls in (THANK YOU!!!!!!!) that prevent the issue from becoming catastrophic and making a request like that...

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I should be safe, Madam Pele (the Hawaiian Volcano Goddess) is known to like Gin. Bombay Saphire Gin. (There's a story there involving a long-time owner of Volcano House). I like Bombay Saphire Gin. No worries. :rolleyes:
Well, friend, we have a passion or two in common. If we ever meet, I'll buy the first G&T or martini as long as it is the exquisite Bombay Saphire!

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
next update will probably throttle DCFC even more. I wouldn't bother ever DCFC at that point.
Wide open throttle events and DC fast charging...so says Consumer Reports.
Sponsored