benzapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
If Ford didn't make money off of extended warranties, they wouldn't offer them.
They make money off of them in the aggregate. Doesn't mean that any individual extended warranty might not cost them—and consequently save the customer—quite a bit of money.
Sponsored

Sylon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Dark Matter Grey Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
The month and year are on the sticker inside the driver's door jamb. All Mach-Es were made in Mexico (except the ones sold in China). If your car is a 2021, it was definitely built before 5/25/2022.
I guess that makes sense lol. My question was dumber than I thought haha. Thanks.

cetialphav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1940 Chevy, Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Country flag
Not necessarily, but the reason I ask is that the recall lists updated versions for the SOBDMC and BECM. From what I can tell at least some of the SOBDMC versions listed have already been out since January in FDRS and February via OTA (at least for Job 1 cars). So I'm wondering if you were already running one of those updated versions when your car "took a break".

1655322142195.png
How does one find out what versions of those modules they currently have?

Just a couple weeks ago I took my MME in to the dealer to have MT21P22B applied, so is it possible I have the "safe" or patched versions to prevent welding issue?

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Isn't that what this forum is for? We already know that non-forum members Mach-E owners live longer, and choose to stay here anyway. 😂
If you really want to be whipped into a frenzy and think the world is ending head on over to some of the Facebook groups. Man some people are panicking. It’s like no one has ever had ANY problems with any car EVER. My brain hurts from the panic and stupidity, but I can’t help it I continue to read all the crazy comments! 😂

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
If you really want to be whipped into a frenzy and think the world is ending head on over to some of the Facebook groups. Man some people are panicking. It’s like no one has ever had ANY problems with any car EVER. My brain hurts from the panic and stupidity, but I can’t help it I continue to read all the crazy comments! 😂
That’s just the general Facebook vibe, so glad I’m never on there

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
They make money off of them in the aggregate. Doesn't mean that any individual extended warranty might not cost them—and consequently save the customer—quite a bit of money.
It might....or it might not, but the odds are not in the favor of the vehicle owner unless the bean counters have made a mistake. You're basically paying more money to reduce risk in the unlikely event of a catastrophic repair.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Not necessarily, but the reason I ask is that the recall lists updated versions for the SOBDMC and BECM. From what I can tell at least some of the SOBDMC versions listed have already been out since January in FDRS and February via OTA (at least for Job 1 cars). So I'm wondering if you were already running one of those updated versions when your car "took a break".

1655322142195.png
So is it possible that recent builds (e.g. the '22s that have been rolling out) have the updated modules? I checked my VIN though and it is listed on the recall site (meaning when I plug my VIN in it says I am affected).

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
I was wondering about that myself.

My GT has had the HVBJB replaced (about a month ago) so do you think our replaced parts did fix something?

Is there a chance we already have fixed parts and only need SW updates?

Since recall was just announced now and it may require parts not available I was thinking the parts are new and updated design, but who knows
So I dropped my car for service today, they need to replace a module (not related to the recall, but a Door Fault message) but they were going to update SW for several modules as well as I had asked them to do so to try to address previous errors.

I wish the sw updates for SOBDMC and BECM specific to recall were out already but not the case, non the less there are several updates avail for my GT including those modules and hopefully some of them help.

I took advantage to validate the part # they replaced the HVBJB on my car and it was same part # LK9Z-10C666-A, the new part # NK4Z-10C666-B is apparently fairly new (they have done a couple of HVBJB replacements with previous part after mine in fact)

I suspect this would be the case for most people that had their Junction Box replaced.

Those anybody know what was changed between the 2 versions?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So is it possible that recent builds (e.g. the '22s that have been rolling out) have the updated modules? I checked my VIN though and it is listed on the recall site (meaning when I plug my VIN in it says I am affected).
Sorry, I don’t know.

Deleted member 11730

My vehicle VIN is on the list too. 2022 Premium RWD SB build date 3/21/2022.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Yes, if you do repeated 0-60 at WOT, you may see this condition. Like, for instance, a dealer demo unit level of 0-60 events.
Pretty embarrassing when a Ford executive has to say his dealers can't demo the performance of a performance vehicle without breaking it.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
FWIW, my GTPE was built on May 19th, 2022 and I am still on the recall list.
Sponsored