cdale12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
68 289 Convertible, 21 GB GTPE MME
Country flag
So, since I bought a GTP, of course I accelerate 0-60 with WOT. Many, many times since I got the car in 9/21. I also made several long trips using DCFC and consistent speed at or above 70mph for extended periods after charging. So, at this point, my hardware could be degraded and I'm just supposed to accept that some software updates will magically fix the issue. What about the fact that there already could be damage to the hardware due to the inferior design and manufacturing variability of the parts in my car? Anything short of replacing the parts, to me, is not even close to a solution!

Ford, you can't be a leading EV car company if you're not willing to change your ways.
You're admitting that the hardware is not robust enough to handle the function it is intended to do, so it needs to be replaced. Period.
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Can we just turn off Ota updates on our gts until we get some confirmation of a potential performance hit??
Any sensible OTA setup would have the ability to push certain updates that do not check the end users opt in / out preferences so they could deploy a critical safety update for example. But based on fords clown show in regards to success with OTA so far your guess is as good as mine as to what short of setup they have employed.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Any sensible OTA setup would have the ability to push certain updates that do not check the end users opt in / out preferences so they could deploy a critical safety update for example. But based on fords clown show in regards to success with OTA so far your guess is as good as mine as to what short of setup they have employed.
Nope you have to opt in. Them's the rules.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Can we just turn off Ota updates on our gts until we get some confirmation of a potential performance hit??
Do it! You know you want to.

That's it I'm turning mine off right now!

Oh wait...I don't get OTAs out here in the sticks anyway...nevermind.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yes you can. Flip the switch on automatic updates to “off,” and “Presto!” You will no longer receive any OTA updates until you decide to allow them.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You can turn off Auto Update but your car will still get the notices. You don't have to accept but they dont't appear to go away either. They just sit there like a dog waiting for dinner. Staring at you.... that down arrow and bucket.....always there on the screen.

I left one there for a couple of weeks. It said 2.7.1 and wanted to add some stuff that was working since day one so I didn't accept. I don't know if the updates stacked but when we finally accepted the OTA, it was a digital owners manual. No mention of 2.7.1

Then a few days later 2.8.2 and 2.8.3.

Rudedog

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range (DMG)
Country flag
Despite the definition below of the affected vehicles:

Affected Vehicles: Certain 20201-2022 Mustang Mach E's produced at Cuautitlan between May 27, 2020 and May 24, 2022.

my build date is May 25, 2022, and my VIN shows in ETIS as included in the recall. I thought I had escaped the recall...but no. Anybody have the same build date and are not in the recall scope?

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
You can turn off Auto Update but your car will still get the notices. You don't have to accept but they dont't appear to go away either. They just sit there like a dog waiting for dinner. Staring at you.... that down arrow and bucket.....always there on the screen.

I left one there for a couple of weeks. It said 2.7.1 and wanted to add some stuff that was working since day one so I didn't accept. I don't know if the updates stacked but when we finally accepted the OTA, it was a digital owners manual. No mention of 2.7.1

Then a few days later 2.8.2 and 2.8.3.
If the system doesn't have the ability or due to legal reasons not be allowed to have automatic push for certain systems regardless of update setting. It will need some form of fail safe to cover a situation where someone who only manually updates once in a blue moon could grab an update that turns out to have issues then not know about needing to get the fix until the next time they check for updates.

Shame the notification is being used to spam you instead of just being used in cases of critical update situations :(.

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
So, since I bought a GTP, of course I accelerate 0-60 with WOT. Many, many times since I got the car in 9/21. I also made several long trips using DCFC and consistent speed at or above 70mph for extended periods after charging. So, at this point, my hardware could be degraded and I'm just supposed to accept that some software updates will magically fix the issue. What about the fact that there already could be damage to the hardware due to the inferior design and manufacturing variability of the parts in my car? Anything short of replacing the parts, to me, is not even close to a solution!

Ford, you can't be a leading EV car company if you're not willing to change your ways.
You're admitting that the hardware is not robust enough to handle the function it is intended to do, so it needs to be replaced. Period.
Are we even certain ford is manufacturing the part failing? Just like with the batteries on some cars the failure point could be with the manufacturer of the part and not the manufacturer of the car. If the failure isn't across the board with every part, event initial testing of that part in the car would've passed with flying colors. Later when the car is in production and manufacturing of the part increased, defects in the manufacturing process could have introduced this issue with some cars but not all. Without lot #s or whatever to trace back they wouldn't even know which ones were really impacted so they do a recall on all of them. I'm not saying this is what's going on, I'm just pointing out that cars are some of the most complicated collection of machines and software on the planet. Hell sometimes they even literally recruit nasa scientists to troubleshoot some issues I've heard. So until we all get actual more data or info on the long term fix I think everyone is getting a bit to uppety on this. Since telsa tried a software fix and was sued I think it's clear ford knows what will happen if they try that...but again we aren't even sure there is a noticeable performance hit yet. I thought I had this issue, they called today and told me it was just the 12v bat dying needing to be replaced so lesson learned, I shouldn't jump to conclusions. I mean google tells me I have cancer everyday I wake up a little grogy anyway....should've learned then.

Edit: 2 days later they are now saying the replacing of the 12v didn't fix it. They are still working on it. I kindly asked them to confirm it wasn't related to the recall. Fingers crossed I get the new part and don't have to wait 2 months for it.

Edit again: They finally fixed it, replaced the BECM as well. Had to depower the high voltage and check everything. Currently seeing some issues getting any new updates OTA though. As they didn't replace the HVBJB most would say it's unrelated to the recall. I honestly don't know for sure since the recall does make an update to the BECM.

Last edited: