Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I would be more concerned if I were a fleet buyer for F150 and Transits. Is this a common part or do the trucks already have better contacts?

One has to wonder if a higher voltage architecture avoids these heat issues as they run on lower current?

Car makers have to learn some new rules here, for what it is worth Tesla has quite a big head start on those rules and the legacy makers will just have to eat it as they make mistakes and learn.
No I'm sure the contactors on my Lightning are WAAAY better. No really. I mean it.

Stop that now I'm being serious.

Okay you're gonna piss me off now if you don't stop...
Sponsored

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
There are some on the threads that obviously are negative MME. I don't know why their here, but read their post history and you'll see an 'Clown Show', Disaster, NHTSA, and multiple non-value added comments other than the sky is falling, quick go buy another EV.
From Consumer Reports, to KBB, to J.D. Power, and numerous other independent sources the Mach E is a hit with owners and among the top three most satisfying cars in the U.S..

We've got a First Edition, and a GT at the dealer with a stop sale. After 17 months with ours, it's so good we're getting a second one.

So listen to a large variety of independent vehicle satisfaction companies that track customer satisfaction or the same screen names who's history of posts are mostly negative to Ford.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
While the Ford worshippers try to justify all this circus, this was posted. Anybody feeling disrespected by uncle Jim today?
😡
They want to be sued, apparently.

Screenshot_20220616-064921_Twitter.jpg
What are you worked up about?

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
What are you worked up about?
Kidding, right? DEMO cars?
People having their cars bricked while driving and at home, dude.
People don't mind getting lied to?

Oldbutalive

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry but WHAT is ETIS???? Tried question on Fords site nothing popout!

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
Good morning everyone! 67 pages is that a new forum record?

I gave the ole Mach a few WOP (it's ok I'm Italian) events on the way in for all the chicken littles in here. Then...get this...I parked and plugged it in using the mobile charger that isn't made for daily use that I use daily. Fingers crossed people. 🤞🙏🤞

Seriously though. RELAX!!!

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
It's the Bolt all over.
Lol, sorry, but this is not like batteries lighting on fire randomly "all over." Not even a little.

Just like Tesla will never escape "panel gaps" no matter how much they improve, and Bolt will never escape "fire". Public perception doesn't change.
Yes, you can see how fears about panel gaps have really held back Tesla sales over the last few years. It's really been a nightmare for them. Can't give them away!

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company

I just wanna see the module updates in FDRS.

Do it...push the button!

Don't wait for legal to approve the recall notices and the mail room to collate the letters...

I'm wantin some software up in here!

You know you can move fast when you want to.

You can do this!

We're all countin on you.

Oh and I see you got your hair the way you like it...looks nice!

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
What do you mean they made us all whole? There are still a bunch of people with neutered batteries and whom are still waiting on new ones. Then, they drop their price by $6k at a very suspicious and delicate time during that process crippling what little equity was left in the EV or EUV line. Not to mention the myriad of people waiting on buybacks or swaps who frankly deserve it because GM totally screwed the pooch on initial fixes and messaging things and then allowed dealers to force battery neutering when addressing other issues on the car.

The only thing GM did right was offer to eventually replace batteries when it was clear their software coverup failed pathetically and to also extend a warranty to that new part (which is basically required by federal law to be warrantied that long). As a former Bolt EV and EUV owner this Mach E recall has me suffering PTSD, what with software fixes that are going to fix hardware issues magically. If your contactors have pitted and/or arced, you're clock is ticking. No software update will prevent that inevitable failure. Likewise, if they are overheating and that's the failure mode, the solution is most likely less heat and less current and therefore less performance. Starting to sound/smell like GM everyday from that perspective as I drove around for over a year with 20% less battery capacity...
At minimum people were able to swap their car for a new model, yes it took a bit of time and effort but you could come out ahead. I saw the writing of how this would play out so started a swap of least resistance early on. People were given 3 options of what would work for them.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Kidding, right? DEMO cars?
People having their cars bricked while driving and at home, dude.
People don't mind getting lied to?
This is way, way down on my give-a-$&@# meter.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
This is way, way down on my give-a-$&@# meter.
I get it.
There are some on the threads that obviously are negative MME. I don't know why their here, but read their post history and you'll see an 'Clown Show', Disaster, NHTSA, and multiple non-value added comments other than the sky is falling, quick go buy another EV.
From Consumer Reports, to KBB, to J.D. Power, and numerous other independent sources the Mach E is a hit with owners and among the top three most satisfying cars in the U.S..

We've got a First Edition, and a GT at the dealer with a stop sale. After 17 months with ours, it's so good we're getting a second one.

So listen to a large variety of independent vehicle satisfaction companies that track customer satisfaction or the same screen names who's history of posts are mostly negative to Ford.
But so what? Because Ford designed an appealing and attractive car, they get a pass by knowingly doing the wrong thing? What are you suggesting?
That's a Tesla worshipper way of thinking to me. We have thousands of HVBJB getting degraded day by day, admitted by Ford that is not a robust enough of a part. Than, they say they will push a software update to limit power and minimize the possibility of the issue occurring. Then the CEO implies the issue was found by their dealer's demo cars, while dozens of consumers reported the issue to the NHTSA. And even new cars, if built with an improved part, might still face software power limits that are not in the original spec we purchased (this last part is speculation, we won't know for a while).
Is this all good and fair to you?
Liking the car and liking the company are two vastly different things. We don't have to pretend Ford is doing good here, it won't betray our love for our cars.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
When I saw this post, my mind says they knew this 9 months ago when the demos were being converted to retail sales. Most dealer demos were out in the spring of 2021 and used up by early fall. What took so long to figure out?

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
When I saw this post, my mind says they knew this 9 months ago when the demos were being converted to retail sales. Most dealer demos were out in the spring of 2021 and used up by early fall. What took so long to figure out?
Could very well be.
Sponsored