Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
68 pages? Can anyone honestly say they’ve been reading every post in this dumpster fire?
Sponsored

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
What do you mean they made us all whole? There are still a bunch of people with neutered batteries and whom are still waiting on new ones. Then, they drop their price by $6k at a very suspicious and delicate time during that process crippling what little equity was left in the EV or EUV line. Not to mention the myriad of people waiting on buybacks or swaps who frankly deserve it because GM totally screwed the pooch on initial fixes and messaging things and then allowed dealers to force battery neutering when addressing other issues on the car.

The only thing GM did right was offer to eventually replace batteries when it was clear their software coverup failed pathetically and to also extend a warranty to that new part (which is basically required by federal law to be warrantied that long). As a former Bolt EV and EUV owner this Mach E recall has me suffering PTSD, what with software fixes that are going to fix hardware issues magically. If your contactors have pitted and/or arced, you're clock is ticking. No software update will prevent that inevitable failure. Likewise, if they are overheating and that's the failure mode, the solution is most likely less heat and less current and therefore less performance. Starting to sound/smell like GM everyday from that perspective as I drove around for over a year with 20% less battery capacity...

GM has actually decided to refund everyone who recently purchased a 22 Bolt EV or EUV that ~$6k price difference so props to them for offering that. They sorta devalued the whole Bolt line though with that price cut, but I never felt the Bolt was "worth" $35k if they wanted MSRP for it with what else is out there and all the fast charging KIA/Hyundais out there. They cut the price I think because the Bolt line is sorta tainted. Fires burning your car and house while you slept = more scary than loss of power, even on the road IMO (I've had that happen on an ICE before honestly on the freeway at 70+ MPH). I think most on MME had this while parked?

Also, as a previous Bolt owner who turned in the car, it was a very slow process, but "most" (I don't think Canadians were allowed that though) folks were allowed to use lemon laws to return the car, get into another GM vehicle or a "fixed" battery Bolt. Some folks paid like $30k (add tax credits so less) for their Bolt, swapped into a $40k Silverado truck (since swaps were MSRP based), then sold the trunk for like a $15k-$20k profit vs. what they paid for the Bolt so some folks made $$ off it.

Is this MME issue worst than the Bolt fire crisis? If you look at my past post history, I've felt as long as the MME doesn't catch fire while sitting there (that's what the Bolt did), I think that's good enough for me. :) Course, I never saw the MME as a racer and don't have a GT or GTPE so performance was never my desire (I'd probably get a Porsche for that), but not catching fire is #1 on my request list.

I don't want more "range" if it increases any fire risk to the car. There have been plenty of Tesla fires (mostly Model S, but a few Model 3s as well) and we all know about the Bolt and Hyundai fires.

Last edited:

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
68 pages? Can anyone honestly say they’ve been reading every post in this dumpster fire?
And your post is contributing to a few more. 😉

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
GM has actually decided to refund everyone who recently purchased a 22 Bolt EV or EUV that ~$6k price difference so props to them for offering that. They sorta devalued the whole Bolt line though with that price cut, but I never felt the Bolt was "worth" $35k if they wanted MSRP for it with what else is out there and all the fast charging KIA/Hyundais out there. They cut the price I think because the Bolt line is sorta tainted. Fires burning your car and house while you slept = more scary than loss of power, even on the road IMO (I've had that happen on an ICE before honestly on the freeway at 70+ MPH). I think most on MME had this while parked?

Also, as a previous Bolt owner who turned in the car, it was a very slow process, but "most" (I don't think Canadians were allowed that though) folks were allowed to use lemon laws to return the car, get into another GM vehicle or a "fixed" battery Bolt. Some folks got paid like $30k (add tax credits so less) for their Bolt, swapped into a $40k Silverado truck (since swaps were MSRP based), then sold the trunk for like a $15k-$20k profit vs. what they paid for the Bolt so some folks made $$ off it.

Is this MME issue worst than the Bolt fire crisis? If you look at my past post history, I've felt as long as the MME doesn't catch fire while sitting there (that's what the Bolt did), I think that's good enough for me. :) Course, I never saw the MME as a racer and don't have a GT or GTPE so performance was never my desire (I'd probably get a Porsche for that), but not catching fire is #1 on my request list.

I don't want more "range" if it increases any fire risk to the car. There have been plenty of Tesla fires (mostly Model S, but a few Model 3s as well) and we all know about the Bolt and Hyundai fires.
I think how bad this turns out to be will be dictated by how gimped the cars become with the software "fix"

Not to bad - occasional and brief power or DC charge speed cuts. Wouldn't be great, but most would live with it.

Bad - DC fast charging disabled for the Mach-e (L1 and L2 charging only), power reduced by 80%, 50mph top speed limit. Basically turning it into a city use only car.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I think how bad this turns out to be will be dictated by how gimped the cars become with the software "fix"

Not to bad - occasional and brief power or DC charge speed cuts. Wouldn't be great, but most would live with it.

Bad - DC fast charging disabled for the Mach-e (L1 and L2 charging only), power reduced by 80%, 50mph top speed limit. Basically turning it into a city use only car.
lol at the last part, not based in reality

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

If they did your "Bad" list, this would be a lemon law return for probably everyone and Ford would be forced to do that since no one would buy a car with a 50mph top speed and no DCFC capability.

We'll have to see how bad the s/w fix is and some folks actually testing it hard, but my own stress meter having owned the Bolt is less since at least I don't have to park outside/away from anyone else by 50 feet (early Bolt guidance), parking lots aren't banning the MME "yet" and I don't expect it to blow up/catch on fire while it's in the garage at this point.

It's more of a wait and see for me and having a SR RWD Premium, power was never a high requirement anyways so I'm overall less annoyed by it. I understand the folks with GT/GTPE and performance cuts though and if I were to track the car, I'd be more annoyed too, but those days are long gone.

I think a part of me hopes that this part was not working at start like say, a cpu fan not turning on at all and once they s/w fix it, everything will be happy days for all (and the GTs losing their 5 sec limiter)...probably all wishful thinking though.

Cooghead

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Logistics company owner
Country flag
My Mach E Performance GT was built 5/26, I am supposed to receive delivery the week of 7/10. Since my vehicle was built 2 days after the recall dates I wonder if they already corrected the problem on my suv.
Sponsored