UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Just scheduled an appointment with the dealer, it auto included the main HV welding...
Sponsored

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Just scheduled an appointment with the dealer, it auto included the main HV welding...
They won’t do the recall unless the car is broken with this issue. Then again it’s not even the recall they’d just put the new part in.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Thanks, but the linked article explains why this is a complex problem. I do believe we will all be fine in the end.
Good for you. Positivity is important. I kind of believe it too, but probably for different reasons. I don't discard class action lawsuits. It all depends on what this update does to car's performance.
I might be in an even better position than most, since my car is not yet built, although in production since 5/30.

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
They won’t do the recall unless the car is broken with this issue. Then again it’s not even the recall they’d just put the new part in.
New as in the new part number, or new unit of the old part number?
And how do you know this? 😄

KlueBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E AWD Premium, 2021 Mustang GT
Country flag
My apologies if this has been addressed already, but there is no way I can read through 75 pages of posts.

Can someone tell me if the NHTSA has been notified of all affected VINs yet? As of today my 5/25 build date car still shows no recalls, so I'm curious if its too soon to get my hopes up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] 1655422834990

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Your dealership is awful.

Is this the GM? Head of Service? Or the lowly sales grunt you're buying from.
I bet we're going to see some really dirty stuff coming from dealers trying to make people abandon their orders.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I called them and they said there is no fix yet. At least I found out my car is on the affected list...

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I would be slightly annoyed that you just said I have nothing of value to contribute, but I’m just here to learn about yearly quarters and to wonder when Job 1 cars will get the frunk button.

Plus now that @1969Mach1Mike had to ruin my personal game of trying to come up with the craziest thing that WOT could stand for I think I’m done. 😜

cetialphav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1940 Chevy, Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Country flag
You can look up module versions in the iOS Widget if you don't have FDRS.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/fordpass-scriptable-widget-v2022-xx-ios-ipad-macos.14658/
So, I finally got the version numbers for mine.

BECM is LK98-14C197-CF
SOBDMC is LK98-14G069-CL

Those version numbers don't appear in the NHTSA pdf as either affected or remedy. Those versions were applied on 5/27, 2 days after the NHTSA pdf says remedy versions were "introduced into production."

What do you all think that means?

ahg

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E 4x 2014 Accord V6
Occupation
retired
Country flag
PLEASE NOTE:
Federal law requires dealers to complete this recall service before a new vehicle is
delivered to the buyer or lessee. Violation of this requirement by a dealer could result in
a civil penalty of up to $21,000 per vehicle. Correct all vehicles in your new vehicle
inventory prior to delivery.

from the recall memo
So a dealer asking 25K ADM could still sell the car and make a good profit.