mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
How old is your car for the 12V battery to be replaced already? Is that time frame common for your area? Mine completely died in a year and they told me the same thing. Time will tell and it took 2 weeks on the new 12V to tell it was a symptom not the cause. The 12V is a cheap try for sure hope it works for you.
Oh great so I've been put on notice? Yeah it was built end of June last year and delivered a month later so it's been about a year. I'm still under 5k miles. I haven't honestly been driving it much. I've never been able to get a local DCFC to work with it so I think I'm safe on that side. I've probably gunned it more than a few times. It is an AWD extended so :-? I still haven't gotten it back yet though they claim in the next few days.

Edit: 2 days later they are now saying the replacing of the 12v didn't fix it. They are still working on it. I kindly asked them to confirm it wasn't related to the recall. Fingers crossed I get the new part and don't have to wait 2 months for it.

Last edited:

ooke

First Name
Olamide
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e Premium RWD ER
Country flag
Got a message from my dealer that i wont be able to take delivery of my mach e now as it is on quality control hold. That's all the info I got from him. Not sure if its related.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Got a message from my dealer that i wont be able to take delivery of my mach e now as it is on quality control hold. That's all the info I got from him. Not sure if its related.
It is.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Sorry does anyone have any idea of how many cars have been affected (come down with the issue) out of the 100,000 cars sold so far?
The advance notice of recall covers everything car sold in North America and built before May 35, 2022. That’s the roughly 49,000 number. The US NHTSA has no authority outside the USA. Canada, the EU, and the UK will issue their own recalls if warranted (and it probably is). Check with whomever issues recalls in the UK.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I assume there's a different entity in the UK handling the recall (not NHTSA)?
Our alternative to your NHTSA is DVSA. Ford still need to notify them but that is usually done by Ford EUR or possibly FordUK although it usually takes an age for them to publish the recall. I found out mine was affected via the Ford Etis website and also my dealer.

Gunrunner

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT and 2022 Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Education
Country flag
Chill. My 5/23 week build got held up. It got built this week and has now shipped. No recall. ETA is end of July.
Thanks FLMac. Will try to Chill and praying my 5/30 week build moves from "in production" to built soon. I contacted my dealer to see if they can see any more information. I have a buyer for my 2017 Volt right now but don't want to cut it loose without a solid feel that I will take delivery before end of October. I have a 2015 Mustang GT but its not made for Wisconsin winters!

Gunrunner

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT and 2022 Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Education
Country flag
Good for you. Positivity is important. I kind of believe it too, but probably for different reasons. I don't discard class action lawsuits. It all depends on what this update does to car's performance.
I might be in an even better position than most, since my car is not yet built, although in production since 5/30.
rcechinal,

We have identical conditions. I ordered my MME ER AWD on 1/8/22 with production set for 5/30 then 6/6 then back to 5/30. Now sitting "In Production" since then. Have you heard anything on why its not been switched to "built" yet? That should take no more than 3-5 working days??

Richard L.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
NHTSA website shows my VIN as being recalled. Now it’s really official.

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium RWD ER
Country flag
LG also makes the batteries for the MME...Hence, my concerns being a previous Bolt owner as well that I can give up more range, most things as long as the thing doesn't spontaneously catch fire while parked (keep that battery buffer that the Bolt didn't seem to have!).

I haven't heard of Bolt's catching fire after the battery swap so maybe they found the root cause after all.
I know, that was my point. It was a rhetorical question. Rather than trying to finger GM as the company that got it wrong, MME owners had better hope the company that really got it wrong (LG) has figured out how they got it wrong.

The number of Bolt fires was very, very small as a percentage of the total population, around one in ten thousand cars. On the second recall GM targeted the cars with batteries that had the highest incidence of failure and charge-limited all of them. The replacement process is still ongoing.
Sponsored