Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
FWIW, my car has started it's third week in the shop (actually baking in the 100 degree sun) waiting for the new part, no ETA still. Luckily for Ford, my other vehicle is also under a recall (potential battery fire) and that manufacturer started paying for the Polestar rental in full. Great run of luck with these last 2 vehicle purchases :(
Sponsored

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
FWIW, my car has started it's third week in the shop (actually baking in the 100 degree sun) waiting for the new part, no ETA still. Luckily for Ford, my other vehicle is also under a recall (potential battery fire) and that manufacturer started paying for the Polestar rental in full. Great run of luck with these last 2 vehicle purchases :(
Second vehicle is a Bolt?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Chrysler Pacifica PHEV- another LG battery pack... no official fix announced since letter went out in February telling customers not to park near homes or charge the vehicle, but rumored to be identified recently.

Second vehicle is a Bolt?

Last edited:

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
I see your message below from 2021, with no more issues. Are you having new issues this year?

Feb 2021
Thankfully I have not had any more issues with the charging/HV battery since.

The "stop safety now" message is eerily reminiscent of the HV coolant pump issue that many Escapes had years ago (bad batch of Bosch pumps.)
Today
FWIW, my car has started it's third week in the shop (actually baking in the 100 degree sun) waiting for the new part, no ETA still.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
:D Things can change.

I had HVBJB failure at the end of last month (the other issues have been more minor and mostly corrected with previous service visits.) I believe my MME has had almost all of the issues it could have.

I see your message below from 2021, with no more issues. Are you having new issues this year?

Feb 2021

Today

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I know this is a serious recall, but keep in mind the actual failure rate when deciding whether or not to take it on a road trip. I had a short trip yesterday with 4 hours of , ahem, "spirited" driving and 1 DCFC partial charge. I forgot how much fun it was to take a road trip in this car! Way too many times I mumbled let me pass this jerk and looked down with a silly grin at the ludicrous speed while my wife yelled at me to slow it down. Sorry for the interruption, back to engineering talk... ;)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] 1655864631318

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Question that might have been answered somewhere in the 1500 posts.

when it recall notice says that WOT is an issue and can cause the “problem” does that mean flooring the car or pushing the pedal only 90% . At what point of pressing the accelerator would we think is safe.

I know, this is one more stupid post. But really I want the new more robust part.

MachEPilot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E X
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
This happened to us over the weekend, 120+ miles from home, we got a charge malfunction, and the "Stop safely now", while charging at an EA charge station, unable to take it out of "Park", unable to turn the vehicle off. Found the "Emergency Tow mode" in the menu, and got it towed to the nearest Ford dealer. My guess is, the car is going to sit at the dealer for 4 months, until they distribute a fix.

StopSafelyNow.jpg

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This happened to us over the weekend, 120+ miles from home, we got a charge malfunction, and the "Stop safely now", while charging at an EA charge station, unable to take it out of "Park", unable to turn the vehicle off. Found the "Emergency Tow mode" in the menu, and got it towed to the nearest Ford dealer. My guess is, the car is going to sit at the dealer for 4 months, until they distribute a fix.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] StopSafelyNow
Sorry to hear. Hope everyone is safe.

when did you get your car, how many miles on it?

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Question that might have been answered somewhere in the 1500 posts.

when it recall notice says that WOT is an issue and can cause the “problem” does that mean flooring the car or pushing the pedal only 90% . At what point of pressing the accelerator would we think is safe.

I know, this is one more stupid post. But really I want the new more robust part.
I do not think there is any set amount as you are inquiring. I could be wrong but I believe it is most likely caused by repeated high acceleration events such as light to light racing. Also high acceleration events right after DCFC. I do the occasional “WOT” for my grandkids but in general just drive as normal. Only drive around town so always charge L2 at home.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Safety Recall 22S41 - 2021-2022 Mach E - HVBJB Recall [high voltage battery main contactors may overheat] StopSafelyNow
Another one bites the dust. It's the weather and will only continue to get worse over time for Ford I'm afraid. I've turned my ota off. I got a spare car. I'd rather not drive around a neutered car. If it breaks I'd rather get the new part and not worry

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Also high acceleration events right after DCFC.
This situation really leaves me scrathing my head as to Fords test procedures, chances are a typical use case for needing to DCFC will be people on road trips with a good % of those chargers just being off the freeway and once charged up people will be getting straight back onto the freeway to continue the rest of the journey where taking advantage of an EV's instant torque and using WOT to get up to freeway speeds as quickly as possible to merge onto the freeway as safely as possible would be a no brainier for a further % of those people.

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium RWD ER
Country flag
This situation really leaves me scrathing my head as to Fords test procedures, chances are a typical use case for needing to DCFC will be people on road trips with a good % of those chargers just being off the freeway and once charged up people will be getting straight back onto the freeway to continue the rest of the journey where taking advantage of an EV's instant torque and using WOT to get up to freeway speeds as quickly as possible to merge onto the freeway as safely as possible would be a no brainier for a further % of those people.
I believe the key is "repeated." If it happened under such typical conditions as you describe, the number of failures would be far more than 0.3% of the cars on the road. Everything built will have its limitations and it's always possible to exceed any design envelope that can been created.
Sponsored