Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So when you file for the tax rebate you send the purchase information and then also state you operated the vehicle? I have mine so no issue there. Just seems strange but I believe it.
I don’t believe you need to send in any purchase information or state that you operated vehicle. Just fill out form 8936 and attach to you tax return. Check the instruction .

edit: there is a line that asks for date put into service
Sponsored

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium RWD ER
Country flag
No, owners are installing using FDRS. It was released on the weekend, dealers have to get instructions released before they can just apply. No one knows for sure if these are the fix. Also, historically they have released updates and the TSB follows later.
And how are owners getting hold of these updates?

You are correct
Fifth time is the charm, I guess.

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicles
2023 Mach E RWD X, 2003 BMW Z4, 2013 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Sales Manager
Country flag
It actually does matter because this is wrong. The law is NO new car can be sold with an active recall. Not just delivered. People keep spreading this misinformation, it’s insane. An easy search will tell you you’re wrong.
Small note:
We can actually contract on the vehicle, but customer cannot take delivery. Most dealers won't do that anyway since they can't report the sale to Ford until the recall is completed. It's not a full stop sale.

See the FAQ from Ford it's the first question on the FAQ.

PharmilyMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Select
Occupation
Pharmacist
Country flag
Good luck, and keep us posted!
I took delivery of my MME and it is sitting in my garage now. Great car! I’m fully expecting them to call on Monday requesting me to return it. They certainly can’t say I didn’t try to educate them on the recall!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure what that means.

FYI, credit for the EV itself is 8936. The 8911 is the credit for equipment and installation of the ”charger” such as Juice Box etc.
It means I’d already explained that the tax credit is based on the the date the vehicle is put into service.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It means I’d already explained that the tax credit is based on the the date the vehicle is put into service.
got it, I would have to have read every single response to know you responded. Not enough time for that considering there are over 1700 responses in this thread so far and I am retired.

I was only incorrectly saying that it didn’t need to be reported on the IRS tax form 8936 which it does.

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I took delivery of my MME and it is sitting in my garage now. Great car! I’m fully expecting them to call on Monday requesting me to return it. They certainly can’t say I didn’t try to educate them on the recall!
Had you looked in all the recall databases? I know of at least three and they are not all equally up to date.

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
got it, I would have to have read every single response to know you responded. Not enough time for that considering there are over 1700 responses in this thread so far and I am retired.

I was only incorrectly saying that it didn’t need to be reported on the IRS tax form 8936 which it does.
My reply was right below the post with the question. Anyway yes that is the correct form number.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As a technical writer.. remember to define an acronym at the first instance of its use without a definitions/acronyms section in your internet book. :p

Example: wide-open throttle (WOT)
You sir are correct. Thanks for defining because I had no clue just guessed….

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry I don’t know what this means. Can you explain?
It is software you pay for which allows you to update your car’s software yourself. There are several forum members who have a subscription. Probably a bit more to it than that but basically they do not have to take their cars in to dealer for updates or wait for OTA’s.
Sponsored