AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Jody Sedillo, The General Sales Manager at Autonation Ford in Scottsdale, just called me to let me know she had read my feedback on the MME from the survey they sent me, specifically the PaaK issues.
She said she has ordered me a second fob and will program it all at no charge.

What? Proactive Customer Service? From a car dealer! I am shocked! LOL

She has started doing this for all the MMEs they sell because of the issues, and apologized for the inconvenience. She said their cost for a fob and programming is miniscule compared to the cost of losing customers for the model or the brand. Smart lady! All Ford dealers would be smart to do the same until Ford gets a rectal-craniotomy and starts including two fobs like they should have in the first place instead of relying on the most buggy beta software I have ever tested.

Anyway, it made my day... :)
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Jody Sedillo, The General Sales Manager at Autonation Ford in Scottsdale, just called me to let me know she had read my feedback on the MME from the survey they sent me, specifically the PaaK issues.
She said she has ordered me a second fob and will program it all at no charge.

What? Proactive Customer Service? From a car dealer! I am shocked! LOL

She has started doing this for all the MMEs they sell because of the issues, and apologized for the inconvenience. She said their cost for a fob and programming is miniscule compared to the cost of losing customers for the model or the brand. Smart lady! All Ford dealers would be smart to do the same until Ford gets a rectal-craniotomy and starts including two fobs like they should have in the first place instead of relying on the most buggy beta software I have ever tested.

Anyway, it made my day... :)
Nice, I think Ford corporate also got the hint at this point on the FOB's. I hear they will stat giving 2 soon.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Nice, I think Ford corporate also got the hint at this point on the FOB's. I hear they will stat giving 2 soon.
Will those who only received one at time of purchase be getting a second one? Or are those customers out of luck?

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
I really hope this is true. The husband has very little patience for tech that doesn't work flawlessly and reliably every time.

I'm still holding out hope that they add a front trunk button before I get around to getting mine in a year or 2.

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray Metallic Premium Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Transportation
Country flag
I had PAAK working ( with work arounds ) prior to the June update. AFTER that update was done,
neither of my Android phones will even attempt to connect as PAAK Everything else works,
Bluetooth, Android Auto, Lock, Unlock, remote start, just no PAAK. I have had it back to Ford Dealer
twice since with full reboot of the car, remove vehicle, uninstall app, FordPass people on the phone
for an hour plus. All with no help. Works fine with iPhone, just not my Androids any more.
I have asked about a 2nd Fob with no as an answer. Asked what would happen if existing Fob
got damaged. Was basically told tough luck.
Even Updated to 3.27.0 FordPass app today with no luck.
Dealership has been helpful in trying to remedy the situation, but this seems deeper than them.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Will those who only received one at time of purchase be getting a second one? Or are those customers out of luck?
We're SOL. I finally broke down last week and paid $300 to get one including programming.

It's annoying as hell listening to the Mrs complain about it.

OP
OP
AzCoronaDog

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had PAAK working ( with work arounds ) prior to the June update. AFTER that update was done,
neither of my Android phones will even attempt to connect as PAAK Everything else works,
Bluetooth, Android Auto, Lock, Unlock, remote start, just no PAAK. I have had it back to Ford Dealer
twice since with full reboot of the car, remove vehicle, uninstall app, FordPass people on the phone
for an hour plus. All with no help. Works fine with iPhone, just not my Androids any more.
I have asked about a 2nd Fob with no as an answer. Asked what would happen if existing Fob
got damaged. Was basically told tough luck.
Even Updated to 3.27.0 FordPass app today with no luck.
Dealership has been helpful in trying to remedy the situation, but this seems deeper than them.
It is just so stupid of your dealer not to just give you another fob. I would guess it costs the dealer about $35 for the part and a half hour of labor. So somewhere around $100. Worth every penny for the good will.

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray Metallic Premium Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Transportation
Country flag
I purchased the MME from another state, not from local dealer. I DO have a Lightning reserved
through them though. I just wish that they would allow me to put a dash passcode with no PAAK
until they get it sorted out.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
That is great. My dealer gave me a free fob as well. I think the key is to request it when you order the car or while you are waiting for it. Get it in writing. They acknowledged the PaaK issues.

OP
OP
AzCoronaDog

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is great. My dealer gave me a free fob as well. I think the key is to request it when you order the car or while you are waiting for it. Get it in writing. They acknowledged the PaaK issues.
After she told me what they were doing for me, I told her "No backsies, but I would have been happy buying another fob if you would program it for free." She said she appreciated my patience and my sense of humor.
I also suggested she read the posts and comments on this forum so she can help her salespeople deal with any questions or worries prospective buyers might have. Being forthright about the PaaK issue is a great start.
Sponsored