Sales tax

GoIrish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
Hi all, noobie here, looking to buy a Mach E Premium AWD. I have line of sight to one. The dealer is quoting me the Ford options program with the $2600 rebate, but is applying the sales tax calculation on the sale price pre-rebate, not post rebate. Is that correct? Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hi all, noobie here, looking to buy a Mach E Premium AWD. I have line of sight to one. The dealer is quoting me the Ford options program with the $2600 rebate, but is applying the sales tax calculation on the sale price pre-rebate, not post rebate. Is that correct? Any input is appreciated.
it depends on your state (which you didn't mention), but it sounds right to me. The rebate isn't a reduction in selling price, it is a "giveback" because you financed a certain way.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Your dealer is correct if you are in California.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
As others have said, yes, that’s correct. The $2600 counts towards your down payment. It doesn’t reduce the purchase price.
Sponsored