Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
  • Banned
As the title. Blue tooth voice works fine and the play audio capability is ticked. The SYNC system does not recognise that a song is playing even if I start it via the phone. It used to work fine on my 2018 Mazda CX5. Can anyone recommend a music app that works? Google Play music used to work fine on my CX5 as well until Google stopped supporting it.

Sponsored

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Are you using android auto or just the standard Bluetooth connection?

I have had some issues getting zoom calls to play through the wireless connection. But music through AA (mostly using Pandora) has worked nearly flawlessly.

OP
OP

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
  • Banned
Are you using android auto or just the standard Bluetooth connection?

I have had some issues getting zoom calls to play through the wireless connection. But music through AA (mostly using Pandora) has worked nearly flawlessly.
I'm using the standard bluetooth connection. I don't use Android Auto as I find the SYNC map functionality fine plus I can use any FordPass features. Incidentally, I found Android Auto to be a bit unreliable. We don't have Pandora in the UK. I just want to be able to play the stored music on my phone. Just give me a built in CD player, none of the faff with compatibility etc. :)

OP
OP

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
  • Banned
I'm using the standard bluetooth connection. I don't use Android Auto as I find the SYNC map functionality fine plus I can use any FordPass features. Incidentally, I found Android Auto to be a bit unreliable. We don't have Pandora in the UK. I just want to be able to play the stored music on my phone. Just give me a built in CD player, none of the faff with compatibility etc. :)
Replying to my posting with an update. Car went in for updates although they only updated the APIM module (Sync). (It was in for 2.5 days, they couldn't connect to the Ford server and then it took several attempts to "take") Still says 1.6.0 on the screen. I can now play Bluetooth music from the phone.
Sponsored