Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I assumed the point of geofencing blue cruise to premapped highways was to allow the system to turn harder than it does in ACC to keep it in lane during a turn. If you have to put your hands on the wheel during a premapped and clearly known about turn, what’s the point?
Sponsored

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would rather Ford not putting this BlueCruise out instead of telling everyone how bad it is. This miserable show indeed tells everyone how far behind even comparing to the free Tesla AP. Is this an advertisement? Frankly it destroyed my hope that Ford can catch up. With this thing, I see the bigger gap and I feel Ford will never be able to catch up.
Maybe you should sell your Mach-E while it's worth something and go buy a Tesla, if you even own a Mach-E (Doubt-it!)

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
or maybe someone has taken those curves already in blue cruise just fine. Again it's a work in progress and it won't be perfect when it launches in beta. If that is not good enough for you that is fine. But you have not driven it and can go off only what you saw and I understand. Some people again know it can do those curves.

Just like the guy who used summons in his tesla and it crashed. Telsa said oh it's in beta your the dummy who tried it lol. We are not paying to fix it. Beta is beta my freind.

If you know it is WIP, why you show it to Sandy who has huge audience mostly Tesla fans??? What's the purpose of this show??? Free advertisement of BlueCruise? I feel this is a free advertisement for Tesla unfortunately. There is no excuse here.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
already know someone like I said it can do it, but certain mache are more updated than others. Again going off the video i can understand your options and others. I'm just saying it's in beta guys that's not the finished product. How long was the are we getting dividers or not. how long was the what happen to the white steering wheel. Just saying nothing is final yet. Hope everyone can wrap their heads around that and understand.

The covid shot will not stop covid. But it will lessen the effect it has on you and others. Nothing is perfect in this world, not even a perfect 10 woman.
Well THAT comment took a turn (unlike the Mach E in this BlueCruise video ? )

Good to hear that there's a better version of BlueCruise out there...I hope that's accurate and the version we get is even better.

• Haha
Reactions: Nav

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
If you know it is WIP, why you show it to Sandy who has huge audience mostly Tesla fans??? What's the purpose of this show??? Free advertisement of BlueCruise? I feel this is a free advertisement for Tesla unfortunately. There is no excuse here.
I agree tesla is god and this should just be stopped right now. I also agree the mache gets more range than the tesla model y so there is no excuse there also so could you please write Elon and tell him to stop also. thanks, you're a sweetheart.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I live very close to this section of I-75 and would gladly test blue cruise on it over and over to settle this debate, once Ford eventually gets around to delivering my vehicle.

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Maybe you should sell your Mach-E while it's worth something and go buy a Tesla, if you even own a Mach-E (Doubt-it!)
I may indeed consider that after Tesla improves their build quality. But not now. I have been loyal to Ford Brand for 25 years and I love this brand. But, competition is competition, you don't have a choice whether you want to be involved or not. My dream car is a Mach E with Tesla software. My worry is that hardware or build quality can be relative easily improved but software are not. You need leadership mindset, strong infrastructure, competent developers. My words may be harsh but I really want to see Ford catch up and beat Tesla and be successful. Franky I am furious after seeing the video. If I am the boss the whole marketing department will be fired.

Last edited:

JGuske23

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD extended range
Occupation
Market manager
Country flag
I think I understand one of Sandy's complaints. He was saying that when the car was approaching a curve, he didn't know "what the car was going to do". Currently with the hands-on driving assist of the Mach E (and our Honda Pilot which has the same feature, they call it Lane Keeping Assist), I have a similar feeling.

Basically, if you watch the Tesla FSD Autopilot videos, the car projects a line indicating where it is going to go to the vehicle screens. I think this is what Sandy was talking about, and I think it is fair spot-on criticism of not only Blue Cruise, but again pretty much every other automaker besides Tesla. I'd like to know, in advance, what my car is going to do. Although I disagree with a decent amount of what Sandy says, I think he hit this one spot on.
Agreed, there is a learning curve using adaptive cruise currently and blue cruise looks to be the same, because the car starts it's turn a little later (to stay centered in lane) than people are used to and there's that half a moment where you instinctively want to grab the wheel and get it going. I agree that something telling you it sees what you're seeing and to be that extra half second more patient would calm a lot of nerves

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
I wasn't impressed with what was showcased here. But there's a lot of hostility going on in this thread and I'm not a fan of that even more...

The hardware can do SO much better. Ford needs to do a lot better with the software to remain competitive. There needs to be more sounds that are specifically for certain things, like when the car needs you to take over. It seemed like "SURPRISE" in Sandy's video, no warning or anything except for the screen. What If I'm looking off to my right at a semi truck? That could be an impending disaster.

Losing BlueCruise on a curve like that was horribly off-putting. It's 2021. No excuse. NONE. And I just hope that their OTAs fix all of that.

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag

You should probably stop pretending you own a Mach E and go back to your Tesla-stan forum.
I heard similar words in my other thread before:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/uneven-panel-gap-between-glass-roof-and-tailgate.4144/

But as I love this car and I like Ford brand, I want this car to be competent and perfect. I will not hide any of flaws the car has, because I want it to be successful and survive in the competition. As I said, I am not Tesla fan because I think the way their leader hype the market and tech is immoral. I also don't want to be in a situation that eventually there is only one choice for the EV car.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I heard similar words in my other thread before:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/uneven-panel-gap-between-glass-roof-and-tailgate.4144/

But as I love this car and I like Ford brand, I want this car to be competent and perfect. I will not hide any of flaws the car has, because I want it to be successful and survive in the competition. As I said, I am not Tesla fan because I think the way their leader hype the market and tech is immoral. I also don't want to be in a situation that eventually there is only one choice for the EV car.
Nothing will ever be the best. Nothing will ever stay on top. The next year something will be better simple facts. The mache is not the best in all things, no car is. You buy something because you like it or it meets your needs. If a car came out with the best range but the rest is bad is it the best car?

Dude come on. Oh, wait I forgot you got a model y right?

dingbat.png

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Nothing will ever be the best. Nothing will ever stay on top. The next year something will be better simple facts. The mache is not the best in all things, no car is. You buy something because you like it or it meets your needs. If a car came out with the best range but the rest is bad is it the best car?

Dude come on. Oh, wait I forgot you got a model y right?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sandy Munro checks out Ford's BlueCruise dingbat
I am not working for Ford as you, so I do have multiple choices across all the available options back to that time. I eventually settled on Mach E. It was a decision process considering all the factors and those factors are changing over time. When Model Y lowered their pricing, given all the factors it did look like MY is more attractive and everything mentioned (except the Range which you only know when Mach E is on the road) are still true. Then Ford announced the lower pricing as well, the cost advantage, styling/interior, and brand loyalty became the major decision factor.

Appreciate your input from the insider perspective, lots of insightful informations and I followed all your updates from factory when waiting for my pony. However, as I said, flaw is flaw. Ppl raised concerns so that the Ford can realize them and continue to improve and make customer happy for a long term success. It is not hate, it is love.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I certainly do not have a clue what final BlueCruise looks like. I tend to believe trutolife27 as he has been such a great wealth here from the beginning. But take the tech question out of it, that was a a downright stupid move by Ford PR. No way that system should have been allowed to be seen in public and no way that should have been their response to it not working. I'd rather Ford stick with telling us nothing and that's hard for me to say.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Quite frankly, I never expected any more out of Blue Cruise than it does now, aside from maybe more time without the constant jiggle of the steering wheel. Non of these technologies are self driving by a long shot. We need to stop acting like a foolproof tech exists for this. It doesn't. Not even close. Boils down to bad marketing of this so called feature. People don't understand the limitations. Especially the sleeping while driving tesla idiots.
Sponsored