DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Sandy Munro was incredibly impressed with how the Mach-E was put together as observed in his hoist review.

So much so that he may very well buy this vehicle for a complete piece by piece teardown and examination of Ford's engineering of the Mach-E.

Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
He seems shocked that Ford has competent engineers. What’s up with that?

OP
OP
DaMeatMan

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
He used to be an engineer at Ford, and is well versed in the corporate culture and their way of doing things over there, which was not always the best way of doing things from an engineering perspective. The Mach-E engineering and design is clearly different, and is more on par with what he would expect to see from higher end manufacturing from BMW or Porsche. These are his own words by the way.

In any case it's pretty valuable for me as a consumer to hear this sort of commentary from someone like Sandy that obviously looks at vehicles from an entirely different perspective.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It's been really interesting getting his perspective on the Mach-E so far. The stuff I really want to know is what he thinks of Ford's motors and pack. With as many EV teardowns he's down now, seeing what he thinks of Ford's effort is really valuable.

If he does buy a teardown vehicle, I hope he gets a Premium AWD ER instead of this Select unit.

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I saw his stuff on VW and Ford did not do what VW did. That is this is a new platform so instead of trying to make older stuff work they took the chance to make a good starting point for a good base platform to build off of. VW on the other hand just forced in a lot of older legacy stuff and styling for a brand new platform which he thought was bad.

I am hoping they do a tear down as I really want to know what Ford did on the other engineering on it.
Either way the videos so far of this is just showing that Ford took making the Mach E very serious and was not going to screw it up. So it is turning out to be a great car. That and it is showing that the new leadership was dead on when he took over the project.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The team that worked on the mache are amazing people. The time and effort that went into it are par none. If you only knew how many times they went back to the drawing board on things. Nope, not cutting corners let's start back from the start. They really did build A BEV from the ground up, and an all-new design for ford.

BillK

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air GT, Zero SR/F
Occupation
Retired-ish
Country flag
I've followed Sandy Munro since long before he had a YouTube channel, He left Ford under difficult circumstances and has until recently had nothing good to say about them, He has gone from Tesla critic to one of their most gushing and toxic fanbois. During his recent ID.4 reviews he talked more about Model 3s than the VW he was reviewing.

That is what makes this most recent video so fascinating to me. He certainly was prepared to hate on and bash the MME. He hasn't. I do hope he does a full teardown of the car. If you haven't seen his teardown videos check out his Model 3 teardown series.

sjaj14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F250, Mach e (hopefully soon!).
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This was an awesome video, he was like a kid in a candy store. Best line, "we may buy this one and tear it apart"! Lol.